A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Yin cha hour

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Yin cha hour

Postby Adol Christin » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:35 pm

Oh my gosh lemon. xD Thank you! You not have to do that.

It is hard to not do something you used to. I am trying not to pick my lip.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:21 am

你好! 我叫张伟。很高兴认识你。
Hello! I'm Zhang Wei. I'm happy to meet you.
Easy confused.

Questing Yin Cha themed hang out

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:47 pm

Third times the charm! Some of the colors look very similar to me when they are so small. :wink:

Old habits are hard to break! :strain:

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:21 am

Postby Adol Christin » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:47 am

谢谢 thank you!

I hate trying break old habit. It suck.

How are you? I hear that Americans buying toilet paper like mad.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:15 am

I have NO idea why people are buying up so much toilet paper! It's not the zombie apocalypse! I suppose though, toilet paper can be a dual purpose use to blow the nose and wipe oneself. I think people are worried if they get sick they will have to be self quarantined for 2 weeks. They are also buying up bottled water & hand sanitizer is limited to purchasing only 2. Some places are sold out.

Finally we are getting some actual information on the coronavirus that we can use:
"preliminary study published this week found the virus could be detected in the air for up to three hours after it was aerosolized with a nebulizer, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel."

Postby MissAutumn » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:16 am

People are panic buying toilet paper like crazy in the UK too. Of all the things to panic buy... Why tp? Pasta, tinned food, rice and pain killers are also being bought up too. I'm worried about the state pensioners, who can only really afford to get the bus/taxi down to the shops once week, not being able to get what they need because of the empty shelves.

Trying not to touch my face is so difficult!

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:21 pm

Postby galled » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:01 pm

I read that the TP thing started on Facebook and is not based on any factual shortage or possible shortage. Sad that people put so much faith in social media...

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MissAutumn » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:10 pm

That would make sense that social media was spreading misinformation again. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't question what they read.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:35 pm

My friend sent me this, which basically says kill the virus with heat...have you heard anything like this?:
[+] SPOILER
Classmate's pro-nephew, graduated with a master's degree, and works in Shenzhen Hospital. He is being transferred to Wuhan to study the new pneumonia virus. He just called and asked me to tell all my relatives and friends that if a runny nose and sputum occur during a cold, it cannot be concluded that it is new-type coronavirus pneumonia. Because coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough without runny nose, this is the simplest way to identify it. He also informed that the new type of coronary pneumonia virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed in a temperature of 26-27 degrees. Therefore, drink hot water to prevent the virus. Exercise, you will not be infected with the virus. If you have a high fever, cover the quilt and drink ginger soup to increase the body's heat energy without the need for a vaccine. Eating more ginger, garlic pepper, and pepper can solve it; eat less sweet, sour, and salty, and don't go to cold weather areas. The virus will disappear completely when exposed to the sun.
Everyone can share and help one by one.

同学的亲外甥,硕士毕业,在深圳医院工作。 现被抽调到武汉研究新型肺炎病毒。 他刚刚來电要我转告所有的亲戚朋友,感冒时如出现流鼻涕和咳痰者,不能断定就是新型冠状病毒肺炎。因为冠状病毒肺炎是干咳无流鼻涕,这是最简单的鉴別方法。 他还告知这次新型冠状肺炎病毒并不耐热,在溫度26-27度的环境下就会被杀死,所以要多饮用热水防止病毒,只要人体保持热能,多吃点姜,多做运动,就不会 感染病毒。如果有发高烧的症状,就盖被子,喝姜汤,让体内的热能提高,无需注射疫苗。多吃姜,蒜头辣椒,胡椒粉都可以解决;少吃甜酸咸苦,别去寒冷天气的地区。病毒只要经太阳暴晒就会完全消失。
大家分享出去,帮到一个就一个。

Postby Adol Christin » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:31 pm

I have not but it akso what we say to lot of illness. Chinese drink hot water and consume ginger regular basis because we believe it healthy and can make you stay so. I look up if this is truth or false and found on bbc.com saying it false health advise.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:23 pm

I am noticing that a lot of opinions are being spread but we are still waiting on facts. Thanks for letting me know!

I am glad you are well!

Postby MissAutumn » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:19 am

It's good to hear from you, Adol. We have to be careful of what we read.

Postby Adol Christin » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:34 am

Hi my friends. Allergy are bothering me so I stay home from work. I learning Cantonese for trip to Hong Kong for work so been super busy.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:31 am

Sorry to hear allergies are bothering you ... I take an antihistamine everyday during spring season, sometimes I have to alternate which type I take, generally I switch between two types and it seems to work ok for me. I also use eye drops.

Nice you are going to be able to travel with work. Other than the dialect being somewhat different aren't the basic words in Cantonese and Mandarin the same?

Postby Adol Christin » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:59 am

I had to look up the word antihistamine. I take one but not always helpful. You have spring allergy?

Dialect is underwhelming of term. Cantonese like whole other language. Mandrin and Cantonese speaker couldn't use their languages to talk to each other. Not just Mandarin uses simplified writing but Cantonese uses traditional and some characters are different. Example of simple sentence with differences would be:
早上好。我叫王。他叫马。我们是中国人。
早晨。我貴姓王。佢貴姓馬。我哋係中國人。
Romanize it say:
Zao shang hao. Wo jiao Wang. Ta jiao ma. Wo-men zhong-guo ren.
Jou-sahn. Ngo gwai-sing Wohng. Keuih gwai-sing Ma. Ngo-deih hai Jong-gwok yahn.
Both say Good morning, I am Wang. He is Ma. We are Chinese.

I am very tired so I might make error in Cantonese.

Postby Gingerale » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:42 am

The top "romanized" sentence looks like it is simpler. Is that the Mandarin version then?

I guess I always assumed the Mandarin would be the more difficult of the two to learn.

I think it is amazing you are working at learning another language as an adult. Are you teaching your children as you are learning?

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts