A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The LOby

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The LOby

Postby Ka Lai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:33 am

Yeah... I'm a bit of a romantic, but even I find it a bit rich if they've only known each other for a few days. It's one of the issues I have with Les Miserables. Awesome characters and everything. But in the musical, they've only met for like 2 days... (though in the book they do know each other for a longer period of time).

Ahh, are you not from an English speaking country? owo;;

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:22 am

Postby Oby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:44 am

Well I mean romance is okay but they've met like a few weeks so like
uh

man
would've appreciated it if it was a couple of years or something.

In a sense I'm in one, but sure as hell not anyone's first language
unless if it was from a rich snooty family or something

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:22 am

ObyArt Shop - ObyArt Dump
FC: 3840 - 8096 - 6028
send me your fc if you want to add n stuff :>

Postby Ka Lai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:54 am

Yeah, I hear you. I feel like a lot of romances in books are super unrealistic. Which wasbad for me as a child because I used to think the thingst hat happened in books were like a representation of how things were. xD;;

Ah, really? Where are you from? I'm super curious. owo;;

Postby Oby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:00 am

I never really read books until I was 14 or something so not really affected by it.

I live in the Philippines, but not really Filipino in anything except nationality

Postby Ka Lai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:12 am

Ahhh, I see! I didn't have too many friends as a child, so at lunch times, I would go to the library so that I had an excuse not to be around people. Over time, I made more friends and read less books, but I think it had a serious impact on my young mind's imagination. xD;;

And oooh, I see~! I'm from Australia which explains why our timezones are kinda vaguely similar. I feel like every Filipino I know is an amazing singer.

Postby Oby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:21 am

I didn't have much friends too but I was a lazy child who always watched tv as a child.
The bad side of it, I got lazier through the years, but got better at English than my siblings.

Ohohohohohohooooo
Finally more people near the timezone bc it's lonely here. o<-<

Also most of them ye, though I don't really watch much shows made here bc too much drama.
But 'The Voice' here is good even though all the good ones get removed in the end bc bs.

Postby Ka Lai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:25 am

Hahahaha, I watched a lot of TV as a kid too, but that was after school. I think if we had TVs to watch during lunch, I wouldn't have spent time in the library, but alas, that was not an option. I remember from 3pm-6pm they used to have cartoons and kids shows which I watched every weekday. I actually have something of an American accent because of it. xD;;

And I hear you on the timezone thing. It's weird feeling like a minority online. xD;; Oooh, I think my mum watches The Voice. She likes reality TV stuffs. Especially the cooking ones.

Postby Oby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:36 am

I usually spend my breaks in school to take naps or do homework so I never actually
went to the library unless we had research papers to do.
But I still watch a cartoons and stuff now but like just 3

I know, like I used to be in a big site before and Filipinos here, Malaysians there,
and whole lot of Indonesians everywhere. Unless if it was around 1am ish then
all I see is a site full of western peeps.
I just like singing shows. and cartoony stuff

Postby Ka Lai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:40 am

Haha, I think I felt isolated by my peers in primary school, and by high school I had developed something of a superiority complex over them. Which reinforced the library thing. Because then I could tell myself that I was improving my mind whilst others were having random conversations that I did not value.

I don't watch cartoons these days, but I used to watch a lot of Tom and Jerry, Cat Dog and that kind of thing. xD; Yeah... when I used to be on Gaia 5-6 years ago, it used to be one of the things I really liked about it. I could go on at any hour and there would be people to talk to. xD

Postby Oby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:53 am

Ah I kind of had the same kind of thing by high school, but mostly bc I see them studying a lot,
and I was a little shit that passes without studying. |'>
Though reading was a normal thing a lot of people here do, but they read mostly romance stuff,
so idk man

Actually on the cartoon part funny story actually. :'D
I only started watching cartoons again by the age of 16, when steven universe and gravity falls
became a thing, like when I was like 10 I thought that I was already too old for cartoons, but
here I am watching cartoons. ;v;

Postby Mika » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:46 am

Oby has been busy~!
Good morning

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:22 pm

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Oby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:52 am

Actually less? :'D
I just draw or play
and have to wait 10 days to see my results

Postby Mika » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:30 am

That's going to be a painful ten days

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:22 pm

Postby Oby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:40 am

Ye
trying to distract myself so I don't stress myself out by imagining that I would fail

Postby Ka Lai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Yeah, I also felt that I didn't need to study in high school. I studied anyway though, because peer pressure. And yeah... I remember the big phase in my high school was Twilight (and then 3 months later, everyone was pretending that they hated the book and had never set eyes on it).

I don't think you can ever be too old to watch cartoons. Mainly because cartoons often have adult humour in them, so that the parents can enjoy it as well. Which means that they're liked by children and adult alike.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts