A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:35 pm

That is so weird that you can't be in the dorms whenever you want when you pay for the whole year. What do people who can't go home for the holidays do during the breaks? Do they get special permission to stay?

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:17 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:52 pm

Apparently my dorm actually stayed open for students, just the front desk wasn't going to be running. But I had no reason to stay anyway. I work on campus so I get breaks off.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:17 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:59 pm

well, that's good to know just in case something comes up in the future

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:55 am

Just gunna put some things that bothered me:

*Customer: Can I have a Flatizza?
Me: No, we ran out of marinara sauce so we can't make any.
Customer: Why don't you have any?
Me: We ran out and we aren't prepping anymore with 5 minutes left before we close. I'm Sorry. (This literally happened.)

*People who put EVERYTHING on their subs and makes it difficult for us to fold their sub.

*People ignoring the "Cold Subs Only" sign due to a toaster being broken and enters that line asking for their sub to be toasted. Like, really, you can't read or something? You're in college, read signs. It's not that hard to see.

*People who wants a cold sub or salad who enters the line where the toaster works when the line for the cold subs and salads literally was open and short/empty the entire time they waited in the long ass line. Especially those salad folks.

*People who apparently can't read the sign that tells them what they can get in exchange for a meal swipe and proceeds to ask us if a sub not on the list can be used for meal swipes. Like, hello! We have that sign for a reason. Turkey subs aren't a meal swipe! Turkey salad is and ham subs are but not turkey subs!

*Picky ass eaters. They are a pain even to the employee who has to get it exactly right or they whine and complain.

*Coworkers who group up in an area, makes it impassible, when I need to get something from the walk-in freezer to get something I ran out of, causing me to feel claustrophobic and having the customers wait longer than they should.

Yeah, people get on my nerves.

Postby galled » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:05 am

Welcome to customer service! :(

Just keep reminding yourself that you can't please everyone every time. There are always going to be difficult people who can't be pleased or helped. Just smile and apologize and kick it upstairs if you can't do anything to help. If you can, give 'em a free cookie--that always helps when things get heated. ;)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby I Shall Engrave » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:16 am

Hey, what's going on here?

I missed quite a bit

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:43 pm

The worst thing is, I was so anxious when I was on the line serving sandwiches. I was about to prep food, then a coworker needed help so I had to go and help them on the line though I didn't want to. Everyone else gets to prep food more often than I do. I used to prep food as well until we got a new shift lead who only puts me on the front line and it gets so annoying. And it's not that I messed something up, they just keep me at the front line while everyone else does things not pertaining to the customers. I want to do things in the back as well, but I guess I'll never be able to do that.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:34 pm

sounds like these examples would be good for the pet peeves thread! Ya, I don't know why the majority of us veg out as soon as we are in a line... dragoness129 works at subway too. You should swap stories!

Postby npixelz » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:14 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:unfortunately, sometimes if you complain they put you on shift work which means you have to come in then go home for a couple hours and then come back in again, which sucks. I'd rather work and be done.

I see. that's true.

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 am

Someone had us make a sandwich with so much food on it, we had to get another six inch, open it all the way and put it on top, that's how ridiculous some people are with subs.

And just a bit more about how much picky eaters bug me:
This one person comes in line for a meatball marinara sub and we didn't have enough meatballs for a six inch, (6 in. takes 4 meatballs) but she wasn't going to give up. She got them to give her what they had left of meatballs and whatever tiny scraps of meatballs they could get to put on the sandwich until she was satisfied. Seriously, you'd think you would get something else if they don't have enough or any at all. Like, we can prep more meatballs, yes, but it takes 15 minutes since we have to microwave them first to thaw them out and heat it up before serving to the customers.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:52 pm

some people only like the meatballs

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Well, we can't give them what we don't have.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:41 pm

nope. and if they really want them they can come back after they are heated up. I went for meatballs once and they didn't have them at all, they were completely out.

I've never tried the breakfasts at subway, do you get many people ordering them?

Postby galled » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:56 pm

I went to Subway at 11:30am once (for a meatball sandwich!) and they didn't have any bread! It wasn't that they were baking it and I could wait--they said they had no bread! I asked if they were getting a shipment later in the day or something and they said no. Needless to say that Subway didn't last too much longer. I remember it closed down a month or two later...

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:35 pm

Sunday was the worst. We had no pepperoni, because the truck didn't come. We were running out of bread, a toaster was broken, it was chaos. But now it's settled.

I work in the evenings so I don't get many people asking for the breakfast subs.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts