A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The LOby

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The LOby

Postby Mika » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:05 pm

It only hurts liking too many characters when you are trying to decide on cosplays xD Now that is truly painful.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:21 pm

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Oby » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:21 am

it also hurts when you want to draw them tbh
Like I'm in to 10 series rn and it hurts bc I usually end up liking almost all of the female characters lmao;;

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:21 am

ObyArt Shop - ObyArt Dump
FC: 3840 - 8096 - 6028
send me your fc if you want to add n stuff :>

Postby Mika » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:09 am

Lol. I need to watch some anime..... I'm so anime deprived....

Postby Oby » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:33 pm

Go watch some then?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:49 pm

How's it going... what did you do for graduation?

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:21 pm

Postby Oby » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:19 pm

I just did what was instructed to us. I mean 2 graduation ceremonies. I was too tired when I got home.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:41 pm

wow, 2 ceremonies? Hope you are going out for dinner or something planned to celebrate this week end/week

Postby Oby » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:02 am

Yeah, I would gladly punch whoever thought it was a good idea to have separate graduation
ceremonies for English and Chinese classes, but that person is probably dead by now.

Also nah, besides enjoying my break, I have nothing planned. Maybe I'll just play Animal Crossing
more, and try to actually complete a furniture series.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:15 am

well, hopefully the graduating class sizes were small enough that the ceremonies didn't take too long. Maybe it is time for the graduating students to speak up and request only one ceremony?

Postby Oby » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:25 am

Is 300 considered as a small number? I mean there's nothing that could change it now,
since 100 students are not graduating in Chinese class, so they put up 2 ceremonies.

The only problem is it's really tiring, like I got so tired that I fell asleep when the
guest speaker was delivering his speech bc it went on for 30 minutes.

Even the school president fell asleep lmao

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:30 am

sounds like they need to revamp the ceremonies, limit the speaking time and find a way to keep everything flowing.... 300 is still a lot of people to go through, especially if some of you have to do it twice, 100 is a smaller group. Maybe the school will let you do recommendations for future years...change has got to start somewhere.

Postby Oby » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:36 am

They should at least separate the day even if it's just 1 day apart.

I think there prob won't be any change, bc if they put on just one ceremony the school would
feel that they're shaming those who didn't graduate in Chinese, and the school probably won't
put them through graduation, and just give them their diplomas ahead of time.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:46 am

I would think one ceremony would work out... I guess I am not understanding the difference, or why it would matter to have 2... is one ceremony spoken all in English and the other spoken all in Chinese? Here, you walk up and take your diploma and shake a hand of the presenter and walk off the stage. They do the graduates alphabetically here and everyone walks into the ceremony as such. You have a couple speeches (hopefully short) and it is done. Awards are done on another night. People can only sit for so long before they get restless or sleepy.

Postby Oby » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:07 am

Yes, one is all English and one is all Chinese.

And lets say that it's just one ceremony I think it wouldn't work out well either, bc there are some
students who are advanced on their Chinese classes, and behind on their English ones, and vice versa.

Also the fact that if it's just one ceremony some students would hold 2 diplomas, and some would
only hold 1. Add the fact that they live stream the whole thing, I think some students might feel
terrible if there's only one ceremony.

Postby Mika » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:56 pm

I really should crack into the hard drive I have with anime on it... But then I would have to sit at my laptop and be in an uncomfortable chair...

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts