A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Let's make Windlyn more active!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Essence of Chicken

Postby Spyridon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:04 am

That's why there's a "die" in "diet".

Anyway, good morning.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:31 am

Postby Mika » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:14 am

Well I guess me using the word diet isn't right... I think they even say at complete nutrition that its not dieting but learning to eat right.... I think that's what I remember. I plan on getting a bike though.

Morning lol. About to go to work.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:31 am

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Spyridon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 am

Regular bike or stationary bike?

Postby Mika » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:55 am

A regular bike. I don't believe in those things that sit in your house... You don't go up villas or anything that requires actual energy output...

Postby Spyridon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:26 am

I just think it's such a lazy exercise. The stationary bike I mean. You're sitting down.

Postby Mika » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:14 am

Yeah. I feel like you get more out of it when you have to exert more energy to go up a hill or just to actually keep the bike going at a pace where it doesn't go at such a slow pace that its wobbling to fall over. Someone could sit on a stationary bike and hardly peddle...

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:21 am

I actually prefer the stationary bike to the real bike because for me it's harder. Granted I can't ride a real bike without falling off it every time. However when I did do it I found that it didn't actually help my muscles at all and was a waste for me. Granted I was only allowed to ride a certain area since I was a kid. The stationary bikes though can help you in ways that you don't even know at least for me it did. I exerted more muscles and power on that bike then I did over my real one. Reasoning is once you get going on a real bike you don't have to keep up pedaling constantly because you your already moving. You can if you want but it's not completely necessary plus the fact that your added with the wind going downhill and such. With a bike that's stationary it's all you plus you can set the difficulty on it. It can be really easy or really hard where as a bike is the same difficulty except in weather conditions. *nods head*

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Spyridon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:42 am

I like going to the gym because I get variety in my workout. With stationary bikes and even my elliptical it gets repetitive and boring very quickly. That's why I need music on while I do them.

Postby Mika » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:06 am

I think it really just depends on the person.... When I ride a bike I like change between sitting and standing... Standing being much more effective. But for me I couldn't do a stationary bike... Its just not the same... And I would probably seriously slack off...

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:47 am

They actually use Stationary bike mini's for Physical Therapy one of which is for hands. :D

Postby Turtle Sensei » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:03 am

I actually need to start riding my bike again. I miss it. But my knees pop out of place (my knee caps) so it's painful if I do it too long.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:31 am

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:11 am

Eeeek that sounds painful Turtle!

Postby Spyridon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:00 am

I might give up cigarettes (or at least reduce the amount) because its interfering with my exercise.

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:03 am

that might be a good idea Spy since they aren't good for your health.

Postby Spyridon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:27 am

I'm not really concerned. I just want to be able to go through my routine without feeling short of breath.

My wig is getting really messed up. I need to replace it.
[+] SPOILER

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts