A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:03 pm

Even ifixit doesn't have the htc first listed, lol. It's difficult to look things up for it. Definitely not popular.

Nor do they list my cheap arse $50 phone lol. I'm screwed.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:34 am

Postby galled » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:39 pm

What is the model number?

Does this look like it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CU2hYr-px4

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:34 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Yeah, that color too. It lasted like a year and then the battery died to a point it wouldn't even take a charge unlike my cheap arse phone. I got the one I have now at around the same time, lol.

So, I have been trying to get a charge on it ALL day. It's 9:52pm, and it's now, finally, at 52% and the funny thing is.... I leave it to go to class.... Doesn't charge a bit. Fall asleep for a while because I was tired, no charge.... BUT! I go to church and it finally gets past 7% lol. 7% was exciting for a bit when it refused to go above 1%. I need to find a way to clear some useless storage space off of it so that the battery doesn't drain as fast. Like the junk files and whatnot.

I hate going without a means of communication. Facebook isn't very reliable because I don't lug my laptop around everywhere, not until I get either a lighter laptop case because the one I have is heavy like crap and still with my sis's dead laptop in it or until I get myself a waterproof backpack with a laptop slot... I'm going more for the backpack because that will also keep my books clean because my umbrella's crap.

Postby galled » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:17 pm

What I've discovered is lipo batteries don't like to be discharged all the way, so if you keep them as charged as you can by plugging them in sooner rather than later, they last longer. It's the deep discharging that kills them faster.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Yeah, I should've listened to my dad when he says to keep it on my charger when n my room.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:38 pm

So, you guys, you don't know how creeped out I am in my room. Ever since I moved in from Winter Break, I've been hearing strange noises and although I've been at least trying to ignore them, I just... I just can't deal. There are noises that sound like they're coming from my suitcase, random popping noises from around the room. And there's this noise that sounds like pattering of rain (been like that since I moved here in the fall) but it isn't raining out. That one is probably just the vents, but I'm really starting to get paranoid. Besides the fact I listen to people talk about ghost stories that happened to them on youtube and know a good amount of ghost stories on campus and I still want to experience an actual haunted building.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:40 pm

sounds can definitely play havoc...especially at night..even when you know what is causing them!

But do keep in mind that wood and metal expand/contract with temperature/wet etc AND mice and rodents CAN live and climb in walls, on ceilings etc. Check for little dark droppings around walls, corners, food sources. BUGS, like beetles, crickets, flying insects, etc can make little scrapping sounds as well. Did you bring any unwanted guests from home with you in your suitcase that are trying to get out? Some foods when they get moisture expand as well and make noises. Dust blowing in the air vents can sound like light rain...
but if you want it to be ghosts...make them friendly ghosts so you don't scare yourself!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:12 pm

There's no mice or anything, lol. Just vents and such.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:19 pm

if you decide to set a trap...just to see...because you never know with those sneaky little critters...a dab of peanut butter works the best

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:59 pm

There's no scratching noises. There's no mice. It's only the vents and things like that. If there was one in my room, surely it could go to my roommates and they'd notice it too.

So, the blind cord is swinging back and forth although the window is shut. Although I know that it's doing that because my window refuses to seal shut, it's freakin creepy!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:08 am

Oh come on phone! I put you on the freakin charger, you held a charge all night and the battery is still draining. went from 71% to 40% just sitting on the charger. Omfg, I just want a full charge for once. I hate non-replaceable batteries so freaking much because of things like this. If I can take it out and put a new one in, I can try to figure out if it was the battery, the cord, or the usb port thing on my phone that's faulty. I can't really troubleshoot it when I can't take the dang battery out.

I'm sorry for ranting so much, it's just getting on my last nerve that I can't get it fully charge, no matter how hard I try.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:25 am

I'm thinking about a factory reset, but I'm scared that I will lose my contacts. Will I keep my contacts as well when I back up things on my phone? I don't even know if that would help.

Postby galled » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:21 pm

That video I linked shows how to open your phone to change the battery, but it's not for the faint of heart.

I had a phone that the battery meter wasn't right (always showed less than a full charge), but it worked like it did when it had a full charge. What I did was recalibrate the battery meter. However, I had to remove the battery, power cycle it and do a few charge cycles to do it.

You can usually back your data up, but I'd triple check that you actually backed it up before a reset.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:33 pm

I am accident prone. If I tried, I'd break something so I'm not going to take a phone apart.

I wrote down all my contacts and apps and did the backup thing and did a factory reset. It actually charged a bit faster afterwards and all my contacts were still intact. I still had to install all the apps I use, which isn't a lot, and let it charge. Within a few hours, my phone, which was at 32% went to 54% whereas before it would have either went to 31% or 33%. Glad I did it. And I think it's also the cord and the usb ports on my computer, but my phone did charge a bit faster. My cord, my two cords, had stopped the charging when in a certain position and there is a usb port that never really worked when I first got my laptop, but I have 2 others, one for my wireless mouse and one I'm using for my charger. I don't want to plug it into an outlet because I don't trust it anymore and I always keep my laptop on its charger so I'm not worried about my laptop.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:59 pm

glad you got it working.

How goes the other battles?

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts