A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby galled » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:53 pm

If theres something you like to do or eat or whatever, planning that is always special.

Dizzy you can jump into pretty much any thread here. Everyone really is friendly on Windlyn.

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:26 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Dizzy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:24 pm

monkey : yep, i'm a newbie ₍₍ (ง ˙ω˙)ว ⁾⁾ nice to meet you!

lemon : good to know! everyone i've met so far seems nice, lol. this place has a very homely feel.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:25 pm

dizzy- that's what I like about it too

Monkey: how did getting time off go?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:30 am

@Dizzy: Welcome!
Lemon Cheesecake: I dunno. Hadn't heard back about it yet.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:26 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:52 pm

I found out I get Saturday off this week end! (However I will be working the long week end Saturday next week end).

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:41 am

I always work Saturdays, but I get Sundays off. That's all that's important to me, to be able to go to church. Because weirdly enough, my church service starts when Subway opens and I'm like, "you know, I'll keep my Sundays off so that I can spend the day with my mom if she ever comes down to visit us. She hasn't visited us when this semester kicked off, but hopefully she will eventually.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:22 am

I hate poetry with a burning passion.

Postby galled » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:03 am

It seems like people in poetry journalism hate poets too. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-ameri ... ag-n511781

I can understand the intent of poetry, but for me most of it is stupid and/or just really bad. I recognize that great poetry is hard and very, very rare.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:48 am

I hate searching for meanings when everything is a freaking symbol for something else. Like, seriously, I can't understand it.

Postby galled » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:55 am

Well, good poets choose words that don't require a lot of thought to understand, but invoke thoughts greater than the words themselves. The really skilled poets cause you think think or feel something. The bad ones just make me angry--well, if that was their intention I'd give them a point, but it's clear that it isn't. IMHO, there's just too many bad, pompous wanna-be writers who can't write and write poetry instead out there. So I'm with you for the most part.

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:35 am

I hope your Mom comes to visit Monkey! Does she know you would like her to?

I liked quite a bit of poetry in my English Lit class, and I like to write poetry but I am not as deep and thought provoking with my poetry as my older Sister. I read hers and am just amazed at how she can be so descriptive, creative and concise.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:19 pm

//heavy breathing

They came to visit today.... but I had to work all day Dx

Like seriously, my dad called me asking me if I had to work today because he, my mom, and my brother were going to take me and my sis out to eat but I couldn't go because work, which was a nightmare...

So, story time!

Like I said, I had to work today, and my hours were 11am - 7:30pm. I was supposed to work with 3 other people, but only one other showed up, so it's just me and this one guy. My supervisor had to go get a cashier to help us because two people can't run Subway. Well we could, but it would be just way too much. I had to prep food all day since I was the only one there who really knew how to prep. And the other person and the cashier were on the line.
So, they day goes by, we keep busy and go on our lunch breaks and such until 6:30pm hits. Subway (along with the food court) closes at 7pm. They come in because they thought they were supposed to come in at 6:30pm, which is normal every other day of the week except Fridays and Saturdays. Now, me and the other two never got our 10 minute break in because we were just too busy trying to get things done and we had the two late ones take over the line for the rest of the night, I got my 10 as well at the other person, the cashier finally gets to do what she came to work to do, to work the register. I was stressed yes, but I was more annoyed than stressed because they weren't paying attention to their schedule. The one late guy said "Nobody told me I had to come in today and yesterday was my day off." and the late girl said she forgot to take a picture of her schedule. I have personally misread my schedule and come in an hour late by accident a couple of times, but it wasn't to the point of these two. Like, seriously, it's not our job to tell them that they are supposed to come in, and they seriously need to learn the food court hours. They will not schedule you 30 minutes before the food court closes. That's just stupid.

Postby galled » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:39 pm

Sorry for your frustrations, BUT you know, from all that you're telling me, you're a valuable employee! I hope they realize that.

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:29 pm

oh dear. i feel very unloved.
you see, i'm a wannabe writer, albeit, not a very good one. i'm not pompous, however, i also want to try my hand at poetry. so i really feel the hate coming off in waves.

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby galled » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:46 pm

Please don't! Write because you love to write and you'll do good work.

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts