A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:44 pm

I don't want to go to work tomorrow. Ugh.

At least it just tomorrow and off for three days then a few more days (quite possibly2) then spring break...

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:21 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:53 pm

spring break already!?!?

I like the title " Monkey Tales" for your literary endeavors

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:21 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:11 pm

The week after this upcoming week, yeah.

Thanks. It would've originally have been "The Writing Monkey" if I weren't to have come up with this better title.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:47 pm

oh yeah, last week of March is spring break here too

I like the chicken soup subway has, nice to have on a cold day

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:03 pm

The Subway I work at only serves potato and broccoli & cheddar soup. But we did get a new item, rotisserie chicken. I haven't tried it yet, though I plan to.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:11 am

the potato soup is good too...I'm not one for broccoli - it does not agree withme very much

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:14 am

I like the broccoli one better than the potato.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:05 pm

Oh, man, I need to learn to say no more often.

I just told my work no that I can't come in today (my day off and they ask me if I could come in) because I have more things I need to get done that I put off for until today. Like cleaning my embarrassment of a room.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:12 pm

oh, your room will feel so much better when you get it spiffed up clean..speaking of which I need to be doing that myself...

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:57 pm

I wish I could speak freaking clearly and I've had this problem since I was little, had a speech class thingy that took me out in the 4th grade and I have no idea why. It might just be because they'd think me having braces (I had gotten them sometime in the 3rd grade and I've been in speech since the 1st grade I think) that it might have an impact on my speech so they thought that I didn't need it and I'm here struggling to get myself to pronounce my words correctly and clearly. It's like I skip certain letters and sometimes it's so obvious when I work and I can't ask "What can I get for you" and the such properly.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:12 pm

is it a dexlexia problem Monkey? I know there are "tricks" out there that can help you. Could be a tongue positioning thing too... can you phrase things in the manner that helps you : like, would "how'd you like your sandwich" be a better start then "what can I get for you?"? I've had friends that stutter but never actually asked them what they do to cope. I stumble on my words sometimes. I try to laugh it off...but mine is more from when I am tired.

You must be managing though because you have gotten this far in University and working a job! But I understand it has to be frustrating.
A little story that may be of encouragement is the astronaut John Glenn's wife Ann stuttered from childhood (like so incredibly badly she couldn't read a loud or hardly speak) and eventually was able to do speeches.Check her and others stories if you'd like to be inspired on the following link:

http://www.stutteringhelp.org/content/a ... nspiration

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:46 pm

It's not dyslexia. I can read fine and such, it's just my speech, lol. (totally disregarding the times I misread things LOL)

I stutter a lot and sometimes I speak a little too fast, but my main problem is I don't speak very clearly.

Well, I don't stutter as much as that lady did, but I still do have my fair share of stuttering, and it was worse when I was little.

Postby galled » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:00 pm

I've read that some people who stutter sing without issues. Are you like that?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:29 pm

I dunno. Never really paid much attention to that.

Postby galled » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:09 pm

If you are, one of the techniques used to reduce stuttering is simply listening to people who speak well as a model. Of course very few regular folks speak well so you'd have to listen to talk radio or broadcast tv and such. The idea is language can be processed by the brain like music if you train yourself to do so. And of course practice practice practice! :)

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts