A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:51 am

Shit.

I was just googling stuff, and I clicked on this picture posted on Pinterest to take me to the site it came from and such and it was a fucking virus, probably.

Thank god I'm not epileptic. That site was flashing so badly, it gave me a headache and messed with my fucking eyes. And then it was buzzing and loud and a bunch of popups appeared.

Gotta take that out of my history. I had to get to the task manager and end task Chrome to get it off my screen.

Damn, why do people make shit like that?

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:15 pm

Postby Watery Star » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Ugh that sucks! I get a warning about suspicious websites when I click to view source of image. I thought it was a warning from Pinterest.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:26 pm

It was an image linked to the site on Pinterest and the site was a big thing that said SECURITY WARNING! And basically was all just a big virus. It scared me and even when I'm not epileptic, it freakin hurt my eyes and I had earbuds in and it hurt my ears and gave me a headache and I swear it messed up my hearing. I didn't think Pinterest posts would take me to something like that.

Postby Watery Star » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Shame you encountered that. Yeah some of the post are spammy or worse but most seem fine.

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Fancy the new name?

Pic of the treehouse is on the front page in the first post.

I decided, hech, even though it's already over 100 pages in, I'll change the name.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:42 pm

you stumped me! I was looking at the name and the views and thinking...how did she manage to get all those views in a new thread!?

However I do like Monkeygirls hangout so you can swing back and forth anytime - the treehouse is magical isn't it

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:15 pm

Postby galled » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Heh, I didn't recognize the place either. Love what you've done to the place! :)

On a more serious note, any ideas on what might make the site more how you'd like it to be? I think it's pretty active at times (events certainly boost activity), but I guess you'd like more conversations in real time is it?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:13 pm

Yeah, I don't really know what I want yet, it's pretty much the same with every site I go to. I just wish there were more conversations than there are right now, but that's all into time zones, site activity, and just there's not as much members as other sites.

Heh, I have my hangout as a treehouse on 2 other sites, I came up with the name after getting like 100 pages into this one. I originally wasn't going to change this one, but I wanted to put the better name on it. Of course, it will always be Monkey's Hangout, it's just called something a bit different. Like, the treehouse drawing started off as a sarcastic joke on avaricia, which is the first site where I named my hangout thread this, which I had it originally Monkey's Hangout before immediately changing it to the treehouse before the first person replied. I walked into that site with a giant sarcastic nature for some reason. Like, I was being so sarcastic it could like fill a pool. Good times, they were. Like, I enter different sites differently. Avaricia, I just decided to come in trying to be funny. So I made a poorly drawn ms pain treehouse and posted it and it's become the picture for all my treehouse hangout threads, lol. Probably should've drawn a magical monkey or something, though. As the mascot.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:42 pm

you still can draw a monkey for your tree house... but I like how the treehouse is bigger on the inside - like the Tardis.
Can it travel like the magic tree house books? I used to love reading those.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:45 pm

Magic tree house books?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:49 pm

How did you miss reading those as a kid?

Magic tree house series by Mary Pope Osborne. There were TONS of them- the kids traveled to different times periods, had to resolve a problem before they could go back to their time. Quick readers but fun.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:51 pm

There could've been a chance I've read one of them, but the series that stands out to me from when I was little was The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:53 pm

No, never read them.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:54 pm

Did you read magic school bus series? They were like the same time period.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:57 pm

I've watched the Magic School Bus. Didn't know there were books.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts