A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:39 pm

I mean, if he just talks to me about it.

If he can just tell me why he thinks I should wait on it, it would be so much nicer than to push it aside. But the way he puts it "If you want to live on campus blah blah blah" he seems to think that I WANT to live on campus. I don't, but he keeps going on as if I wanted to.

It's mostly the lack of communication. I tell him about it, and he pushes it aside and assumes I want to live on campus even though I talked to him about wanting to live off campus. He wouldn't tell me why he thinks I should just live on campus, he wouldn't let me know anything like that. He asks me what I was going to do if I couldn't live on campus next year, he asks me all these questions about plans and such, but as if I were planning to live on campus.

The area I live in (as for where my university is located), apartments are cheaper than a lot of other places. My dad was planning to put me and my sister into an apartment under his name (since my sister technically can't live off campus until she meets requirements unless she lives with parents within 50 miles, which, if it says we live with parents, she could) and I was fine with it. I was like "it's for us while in school, it won't be forever", but then my sis was really against it and it just went downhill. That was the original plan.

Idk what my dad's reasoning behind his assumptions that I want to live on campus, whether it be because he's afraid I can't get a job (which has been a problem previously, but previously is because I had no work experience and places are too lazy to train newcomers and rather find someone who has the experience and doesn't need a lot of training, which is how I find everything.) or what. I wasn't planning on moving out directly after the school year. I was planning to stay at home over the summer, get a temporary job through a temp service, save up, and hopefully get into an apartment before going back to school in the fall. While I have $800 now (it's closer to $900 really but still), it's rising, since I usually put half my paycheck in my savings, which half of my paycheck is usually in the $100-$130 range. As of right now. But over the summer, I plan to put more than that much in my savings if I get a job early enough and work enough (lately, my job hasn't really been giving me hours, and if it isn't back to normal on Tuesday, when the new schedule comes out, I'll have to talk to them about it because 2 days a week is going to give me NOTHING! Especially when I only work like 3-4 hours on one of the two days and then the next 9 hours.), I should easily have over $1000 in my savings. I might put whole paychecks in it if I'm living at home, my parents' house, during that time and I wouldn't have to buy groceries and such, and only keep some money in my checking if I DO need anything. I would be stupid if I stopped saving money right now. Right now, I'm thinking my sister is going to buy a car (she also has way more money than I do) and, if that happens, I get the van we use, and so right now, I'm saving for an apartment. Also, if she decides she wants to work on campus next year (I heard she wanted to do that to have some more time since on-campus work is flexible), I could get an off-campus job and take the van and such. (from what my mom told me my sister told her).

While I have more things to do to convince my dad, it'll just be great if my dad would stop assuming I want to live on campus. He keeps going on about it and doesn't give me any insight, the reason why I told him about wanting to live off-campus is so that he can give me some insight about living out on my own and whether or not he thinks that I should live off-campus.

I haven't gone to see the apartments in person because I don't have reliable transportation right now, and that's going to be something that is going to be determined over the summer about who gets the van me and my sis shares and who's going to have to buy their own or go a year without one. But I did look at some sites, their prices, pictures of the apartments, floorplans, and read some reviews about them. I'm just too afraid to get too much into them if I'm not going to be living off campus, and yeah, I do have a lot of irrational fears, but still.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:33 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:43 pm

Monkey, can you text or email your Dad - so he sees it in front of him and has to read it.

maybe start off small something like " dad I really want to talk to you and get your ideas and help about me living off campus next year"
then let him respond.

Sounds like you have been doing some footwork/research so that is good.

What does your Mom say about it all?

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:33 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:57 pm

My mom's kinda so-so. I don't think she really knows what to really say about it. She does try to give me advice sometimes. She lets me vent out to her since she's so much easier to talk to.

Right now, I'm having conflicting thoughts, though. I want to live off campus very badly, but then another part of me says, "maybe my dad IS trying to tell me to live on campus for another year." And I start to understand things a bit better each time. I get so stressed out and stuff that it takes me longer to understand some things.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:58 pm

This wasn't the first time I changed my thoughts on my own and it won't be the last.

He was talking apartment stuff since last summer, too. Each year just gets more and more of me really wanting badly to get into an apartment.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:51 pm

I want to learn how to play an ocarina.

Postby galled » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:39 pm

You've grown so much in the last year (so proud of you!). You have the rest of the school year and the summer to work on it. If you have a goal you can get there--even little steps is progress!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:56 am

What's up guys?

Postby dragoness129 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:58 pm

I would totally play Lugia's theme on the Ocarina if I knew how.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:33 pm

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:15 am

Shit, my two alarms didn't go off this morning so I missed both parts of my class today. This is like the 3rd or 4th time and it worries me. And it was the only class I had today.

Postby galled » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:39 am

:( What time is that class at?

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:31 am

9:30am to like 12:15pm and I woke up at 11:55.......

Postby galled » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:56 am

Is that your earliest class?

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:11 pm

Yes, and my only Tuesday class.

Postby galled » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:21 pm

A suggestion is to get your body used to waking up for your earliest class everyday. Your internal clock will set to automatically wake up at the same time after a week or so. An irregular sleep pattern is terrible for your mind and body. I know it sucks to get up early if you don't need to, but if you could do it everyday at say 10am, then adjusting an hour earlier for Tuesdays won't be so bad. I find a regular routine keeps you productive (when you're on a regular schedule you can go on autopilot).

As an aside, TV and video production is bad for people who have to sleep. 10-14 hour days are normal. I've lived on 20 hour days 6 days a week (occasionally 7 days) for weeks. It's crazy and I don't know how I did it, but that's show biz.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:24 pm

If it weren't for stress an anxiety keeping me up late at night.

A couple nights ago, I forced myself to go to bed earlier and I felt like I got no sleep still.

Yeah, my professor had talked about tv production and stresses in the job and such.

I usually have my alarm set to two specific times for each day (Usually 8:30 and 9:00). But there's 3 different possibilities I didn't get up to my alarm:

~I turned off the alarm in my sleep
~I slept through the alarm
~The alarm just didn't go off

lol, I have turned the alarm off in my sleep before..... I'm not putting that past me now. Noticing how I have sleepwalked in the past, as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts