A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:54 pm

Haha my dad went for mine but since it was in honor of my mom who passed away he didn't see why where we went mattered. It did to who went with us though since no one ate at the buffet place with my mother before she passed away. However we have gone to Olive Garden so many times with my mother that it was a given. :)

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:25 pm

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:00 pm

I used to go to Ryan's, which is basically the same as Golden Corral, a lot until, one day, we went there, and the whole building was gone, lol.

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Ours is a Hibachi Buffet that leaves the lunch food out for dinner so the food is almost cold when we go. :( Plus it's alot of chinese and then the hibachi part they use the same cooking utensils for everyone's food. Which if someone walks away and doesn't pay attention they could die. Turtle for instance is allergic to Shellfish so if she went with me and walked away while mine was cooking with shrimp then it could kill her. It's so so so bad there but it's cheap and my dad looks at the price not the life. :(

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:48 pm

They're lucky nobody gotten any allergic reaction. That's not sanitary. If someone were to get an allergic reaction or something, they can get sued. That's just horrifying. I wouldn't care if it's cheap, if they use the same utensils for everyone's food without at least washing it before they put it into other food, I wouldn't eat there. That's just bad practice right there. D:

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:02 pm

They cook it right in front of you so I know for a fact they don't wash it. :(

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Good thing I don't eat Chinese food.... Actually, I'm trying it again because I said I hated it in the 7th grade and never ate it since. lol. I have to give it another shot. But I'm so low on my restaurant monies that I regret pigging out at my campus's food court.

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:18 pm

I only like some places and the general Tso's chicken with white rice or Plain Lo Main maybe with chicken but no veggies. XD

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:22 pm

Idk what I like. The asian restaurant here, you just tell then what you want by pointing out to what they have in the pans. It's small, doesn't have much, but it's there to try. I might get some tomorrow if they have what I want to try again out there. The first time I went there, I didn't know how to eat my rice with chopsticks until my friend texted me /friendwhogoestoanothercollege/ telling me how I was supposed to do it. Lol.

I actually enjoyed it, I would've enjoyed it more if it wasn't so spicy.

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:25 pm

I can't eat with a chopstick at all and I'm gonna get off for a bit. Want to play some pokemon again. XD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:10 pm

wow, I thought it was FDA USA standard that food could only sit for so long and that they could be fined or shut down if they are found to not be in compliance.One of the reasons restaurants could no longer give left over food to homeless shelters etc and why so much food is wasted!

The sad thing about allergies is that those cooking have to be so particular. My Mom can not have a knife or a cutting board that has touched green peppers be used on her food. She has to carry an epi pen.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:25 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:23 pm

I would have thought it'd be common sense to at least wash the utensil before putting it in other food to keep from getting allergens from contaminating the food of the person with the allergy.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:27 pm

most places aren't so thorough...

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:25 pm

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:50 am

Nope this place is just really lax and that sucks. I feel like blowing the whistle on them and on the store around the corner on me. The store has had the manager writing over Expiration dates and swapping bad eggs into good egg boxes just so he doesn't lose a sale. >_> My dad always wonders why I am sick alot well there is your answer you shop at that shady store more then anywhere else despite me telling you not to. T_T

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:25 am

A store too? Surprised nobody has gotten them in trouble either.

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:04 am

They are one of the few stores around here that take food stamps so I suspect nobody wants to do that.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts