A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:30 pm

Wth? I didn't come to apply to take the freakin ACT or some shizz!

Local time: Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:19 am

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:35 pm

So how is everyone today?

The Grim Reaper yo ^_~Image

Postby galled » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:12 pm

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:Eh, I don't see the point in forgetting the things I can't change. They should be a reminder of what NOT to do.

But anyway, here I am, applying to a new restaurant/fast food place called Bojangles nearby....

This question comes up:
Rene is going to the lake to visit some friends. If the lake is 60 miles away, and Rene is driving at 40 miles per hour the entire time, how long will it take her to get to the lake?

What does this have to do anything with food service? Wth? I know they're trying to test me on my math skills, but this is ridiculous.

I guess I shouldn't have said "forget." It's more put them aside and put more emphasis on things you can change.

Well, all business' are about numbers in the end really, but I suspect they're probably trying to see how you react to stress by giving you an unexpected request rather than your math skills. It might not be the most important thing for that job, but it could be a secondary factor for selecting candidates.

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:19 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:24 pm

They proceed on with reading and english, lol.

But they called right as soon as I finished the application and have an interview on Monday.

I should REALLY look up their interview questions if possible and just look up tips in general for interviews. Apparently I give very bad interviews.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:48 pm

what? why are they asking those types of questions? Trying to see if you can do math because you are going to be handling money - change back etc?

Why don't they ask something more applicable like - the cash register is broken and your guest pays you with a $50 bill for a $39,82 meal including tax and they want to leave you 15%, how much change would you give them back...

Postby Diana » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:34 pm

It's not unheard of to get questions like that.
My boss asks new hires brain teasers, gives them a grammar test, a culture test, and then moves on to technical questions. His idea is that if you can solve the teasers it shows you have problem solving skills; if you can pass the grammar test you have good attention to detail, etc. Just ways to see if you are a well rounded person. :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much! You already have another interview set up! :D

Site Admin

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:31 am

I mean, I understand why they added those questions, but the questions they asked sounded pretty ridiculous. I got an interview there anyway since it's brand new, not yet open, and looking for people to hire.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:04 am

I guess that makes sense but most interviews I have had have been applicable to the job description. Except when I had a window dresser interview it was an hour math test and an assortment of questions ( besides showing a drawing portfolio).

Can't hurt to look up examples of interviews though, that way you may get a similar question and not be stumped on it.
I know someone that worked part time cleaning at local hotels. She got $15/hr. Is there something similar there?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:58 pm

I'm so done with everything.
I'm overwhelmed
I'm anxious like all the time
My dad doesn't think I'm trying to get a job
He thinks I don't go to interviews with a good attitude

Fuck

If I were to learn any fucking skills, some place better hire me. I can't learn any skills if I can't land a fucking job. Subway was a fucking disappointment. They never gave me hours. Worked me 1 week and never put me on the fucking schedule even after asking 2-3 days for about 2 weeks about the schedule to find out the guy who hired me apparently doesn't make the schedule, so I don't know who does and I just gave up on that one.

The other one I really don't want to get into.

Now, it's just getting utterly impossible to get a job. Nobody wants to fucking hire me, my dad keeps badgering me on, making my anxiety worse and worse. Anxiety makes me demotivated.

Now my health is becoming a problem.

I can't take anymore stress and anxiety than I have now. I don't know what to do.

I even fucking told my dad I am anxious about a lot of things, but of course, he doesn't understand the severity of it. It's so fucking bad right now.

Postby Watery Star » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Can you see a doctor or therapist about your anxiety?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:18 pm

Probably.
I have to go to the doctor about my blood pressure being high, I might as well tell them about that. Idk where to go to that I know of otherwise. Just see what they think or whatever.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Finding a career can be a long road...does subway know that you left? I mean, they didn't have you on the schedule anyway so maybe they didn't notice? I don't get how the schedules aren't posted? Most places you are required to check it daily to make sure nothing changed.

Reading about your anxiety is making my blood pressure feel like it is going up just out of frustration for you.

I am a loss for suggestions because anywhere you go has a degree of stress or anxiety, especially while you are learning. Janitor or cleaning is about the only thing I can think of where you aren't dealing with people much - you just go in and clean. Check vacation rental places in your area to see if anyone is looking to have some one clean up after guests leave. How about fruit picker?
What skills have you got? What do you like doing in your free time? Can you incorporate that somehow? I think your Dad is worried about you. He has to make sure you will be ok on your own and will be able to provide for yourself and probably doesn't know how to get you moving other then pressuring you. Be honest, if you are like me, I won't make a move as often or as quickly as when i am being forced into it.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:42 pm

Anxiety is what's causing most of my problems. I worry about every little thing out there. And then there's the fact I'm terrified to call back to the places I applied to for a job. My dad gets mad at me for not calling them about it, but he doesn't understand how terrified I am of it.

As for skills, I don't really have any. I would have some, though, if someone hired me so I can learn some skills.

Most of the time, I just feel like I'm in a small room and need to leave the house to get some space. But I can't always do that.

If that Bojangles place doesn't call me by noon, I'm going to call them up.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:48 pm

That's a positive step!

Postby Watery Star » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:07 pm

Definitely mention your anxiety when you go see your doctor. They may refer you to a therapist that can help you manage your anxiety. I get anxious when I have to make phone calls too. I write down what I'm going to say and then try to predict what they would say so I'm more prepared.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts