A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:30 pm

<pats you> I know, I always feel badly too - but think of it as, it would have been a meal for some critter (or Kitty) anyway.

Local time: Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:27 am

Postby Watery Star » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:35 am

We have a mouse too. There was one in the basement. This morning my boyfriend saw it on the main floor. I wish it would leave so we don't have to kill it.

Local time: Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:27 am

Postby galled » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:19 am

Check catch and release traps.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Lemon Cheesecake or my dog. My dog would probably at least catch it and kill it if she sees it but not necessarily eat it. She has caught a bird once (luckily it was still alive) and killed a cat once when it passed through our yard with our dog outside. That was the first time she did that, too. Hadn't done that since.

Watery Star I hoped that too but seeing as my room's a total disaster and all, it wouldn't just leave.

Honestly, if a creature killed it, it doesn't bother me, but for me to kill it is what bothers me.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:15 pm

and if you leave the door open so that it can get out....chances are more will come in...

Postby Watery Star » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:31 am

Yeah it's something that you do have to do something about. We haven't seen or heard it but that doesn't mean it's gone. My boyfriend is going to trap it while me and my dog visit my parents.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:56 pm

yep, they can multiply quite rapidly for sure.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:10 am

My dad found a mouse in our kitchen this morning. Apparently it has some kind of injury to it's leg because it couldn't run away. Hopefully there isn't a nest.

It's not as bad as it used to be when we first moved into the house. I was too young to remember, but apparently when we first moved into the house we're currently in, we'd find mice run all over the stove and stuff.

---

I feel like I'm dying. What a way to miss work because I caught a cold. Ugh, I already got sent home early on Wednesday because they weren't busy and off yesterday and now I called in sick because I have a cold.

And I left early last week because I was sick.

I hate calling in. I hate missing work.

Postby galled » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:15 pm

Mice can get out of control very quickly. The trick is to find out where they're getting in from and closing that up or you'll never get on top of it. I'm sure your dad is on it.

Sorry you're sick. Terrible to call in sick so close to when you've been hired, but it can't be helped. Speedy recovery!

So what have you been doing at work? Still training? Cashier or everything? Do you like it? Is it what you thought? Do you like Subway better? Sorry so many questions!! :)

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:59 pm

Still training I guess
I hope they just put me on as a cashier.
I hate doing fries and hashbrowns because once I'm put there, I am normally stuck there and the heat is miserable and I have to find a more comfortable spot to stand in so that I'm not dying of heat.
I still like Subway better but they decided not to give me hours for who knows what reason because they never told me. It's like they wanted to fire me but didn't want to tell me so they just stopped giving me hours and tell me, whenever I ask, that they'll let me know, and I'll never hear back from them. And I went in 3 days a week for about 3 weeks before I gave up on them. I didn't want to waste any more time on them. Besides, McDonalds is giving me more hours than they had been giving me.

Postby Ryvvi » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:18 pm

thats a common occurrence with places like that ive heard, i think its so they dont have to give you any compensation or rights youve earned from being fired? That or they wanted you for the holiday rushes, but then couldnt be bothered firing you ~ sucky but pretty common where i am :/

Local time: Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:27 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby galled » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:35 pm

They usually put the newbies on the frier. You'll be there for the rest of the summer then they'll get some more newbies and you'll be doing something else. Isn't there a timer? Can you find stuff to do away from the frier while you wait for the timer to go off?

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:18 pm

They put me on the register today for the whole day. Hopefully I stay there.

Yeah, there's a timer, but usually I'm packaging more hashbrowns/fries while I wait, otherwise it's just a waiting game.

I usually stand in an aread where you feel a breeze from the icecream machine that feels good. The only time I get away from the fryer would be when I take an order out to the curb.

Postby galled » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Great! How did you do?

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:40 pm

Made a couple mistakes, but I think I did rather well.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts