A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby galled » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:55 pm

Well, that's how you learn. Good job!

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:29 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Looky, I got this today!
From FullMetal Alchemist!

And I got 2 Zelda cups for buy one get one half off! WOO! A Tumbler and a Mug!

Local time: Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:29 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:56 pm

I love deals!

Are you getting enough hours at the job? I can't believe we are in the last month of summer

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Eh, could use more hours.

I had been getting calls from Walmart soooo many times this week about a job offer. I got 4 from one Walmart.

1st time they called, I was like "eh, I'm not interested in looking for another job yet since I only worked at McDonalds for 3 weeks now." And turned it down.

2nd time they called, I still was denying the interview.

3rd time, I hesitantly turned it down. I realized that maybe it was a sign. I felt bad, I should have accepted it the first time.

4th time, I accepted, finally. This was a stroke of luck, didn't expect the second call, let alone the fourth. It was DEFINITELY a sign. I got the job and it's part time, overnight, but pays $1.50 more than McDonald's.

Now, I have to wait for orientation, tell them that I need to give two week's notice at McDonalds because while it is part time, it would be a bit better just to drop McDonalds. Needing to tell them that while I enjoyed my time there and I am not leaving because of any of them, but I was given a better offer that I couldn't turn down. It was only one interview, it seemed they were desperate enough. I wasn't expecting to get the job because I was always unlucky with WalMart. But I'm kinda happy with it, just nervous because deep down I feel like I'd mess things up and wouldn't be able to figure everything out on my own because I'd work on my own when I start.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:32 pm

yeah, sometimes working two different places can get confusing so much so that you show up at the right time but the wrong place...well, if you are organized or have set days that probably wouldn't happen. If you can get enough hours with both and its not going to conflict them then you could decide to try it.

Do you think Mcdonalds would give you a raise if they knew you were leaving?

Postby galled » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Also highly unlikely to ever be full time at WalMart unless they changed their business structure. Something to consider.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:08 am

Yeah, I know, but they still pay more than McDonalds, at least for the position they hired me for.

I'm frustrated though.

WalMart: I told them I am currently working at McDonalds and called them after work one day a little too late and the person who called me had got off. Called the next day and they were busy, but I didn't call earlier because 1: I was working, and 2: I was waiting for next week's schedule to come out. This comes to my frustration with McDonalds...

McDonalds: They normally post the next week's schedule on a Friday and usually before I leave work. But they didn't do that this time. Idk when I go in next for I don't always work on a Monday. I called them and after several rings, they picked up and hung up without saying a thing. Like, omg, I need to know when I come into work next.

McDonalds I work at needs to better their service and the customer service at my town's WalMart and the WalMart the next town over doesn't even exist apparently.

School: I assume I got accepted to the community college I want to go to since they invited me to their school's app part of the Schools App thing and had called once and they said there were no holds on my account and should be good to go and just need my acceptance letter but it's never came yet and it's starting on 2 weeks of waiting for it. Tempted to call and ask about it because I need to get into a class SOON because classes are starting up in a couple of weeks.

How am I to get anywhere in life if the other person refuses to give me the means to move forward? I can't do this on my own, I am relying on them to do their jobs correctly. I shouldn't have to wait two weeks for a piece of paper saying I was accepted and my next steps for enrolling in a class. I just want to take 1 class.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:05 am

Fucking shit, the McDonalds I work at is making me mad. They won't answer their damn phone, they just hit the answer button and then the end button without saying a damn word. They really aren't trying to keep their image good to customers or workers who call. Like, fuck, be respectful and answer the damn phone. I have NO fucking idea when I am supposed to come in next because those assholes can't put up the new damn schedule on time.

Fuck, if they're not going to answer, might as well take 20 damn minutes to go to the McDonalds I work at just to get my schedule. If I worked in the town I live in, it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't. I work in the next town over and calling is more efficient to finding out my schedule than driving over there and wasting gas. But if it gives me the answer to my question, then so be it. I'm tired of this fucking shit.

Postby galled » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:30 am

Re: Walmart call - do they give you breaks at McDonalds? Could you call during a break?

Are you sure you have the right number? Maybe try from another phone and see if they pick up?

If you have to drive in, then that's what you have to do. Remember that you're not a customer and the other employees and managers don't work for you and it is not their jobs to accommodate you. It would be nice, but the bottomline is getting your schedule is your responsibility.

As for school, there's usually not an acceptance letter for community college. You just sign up for classes and you go. You may get a welcome letter, but that's about it. At least that's the way they did it when I went.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:41 pm

1. I can, I was waiting for the next week's schedule to be posted because it's a call about scheduling for orientation.

2. Oh, yes, I called them Friday on that number telling them that I'd be late because my van broke down and had to go home to trade vehicles. It's also listed on Google at their address.

3. I mean, I have called and asked about it before, I'd rather them tell me that than to just hang up without saying a thing. What if I was a customer? Then that would drive them off because of the lack of respect. It's not that I expected them to tell me, it's more of their lack of responding. Like, it's unprofessional to press answer and end call without telling the caller anything.

4. I had called and asked them about it because on an email from them they said I should be expecting a letter in the mail if I were accepted and the guy at the other end said I should be good to register and just need that letter because it tells me my advisor and id number and all that I believe. I might call on Tuesday when I'm off and have more time to deal with it. But I have no idea what to do, I've called about it, and it's inching closer and closer to the start of the semester and I haven't even seen my advisor.

Postby galled » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:59 pm

You're on top of it. Sorry you're frustrated, but you're doing the right things, so you'll make progress. It really is disheartening when you're trying to make things happen and the world seems like it's against you. Just keep hacking at it inch by inch and you'll get there!

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:28 pm

did this get resolved Monkeygirl? Did anything show up in your spam folder?

Hope things have improved. How is the vehicle running?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:50 pm

I'm still alive.... (just barely..... jk jk)

1. My van should be done in a week. It's been in the shop for about 3 weeks and they finally started to work on it. They had to build a whole new transmission for it.

2. Couldn't go to the community college this semester, but I did finally got a hold of someone who actually told me what I was supposed to do. I couldn't because the process would take too long.

3. I have 2 jobs (reason I'm not so active now). A morning shift job at McDonalds and a night shift job at WalMart.

My darn computer scared me with it's "we found a problem" error and it looped that twice. Obviously, it stopped doing that. But it only did that because I forced a shut down when my computer froze when trying to play Bioshock Infinite.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:08 pm

It may not be how you anticipated or hoped but it sounds like you are making progress and you are still making plans for the future so that is a good thing. This way you also can make some money and we all need that to survive.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:27 pm

So far, I haven't had a day off. :distress:

They've (WalMart) have been training me in the fresh produce area on my off days at McDonalds. While that training is almost done, I have to train in the deli which makes no sense since I'd be working night shift. My guess is that I'd be stocking the deli as well. I don't know, but it's just making me really tired and I've only just started at WalMart. If my WalMart schedule is a set, consecutive schedule, I might try to get McDonalds to give me at least one of those off days off so that I can relax and take a breather. But for now, I have to push through this whole ordeal.

This is what I get for having 2 jobs. Both places know I have 2 jobs as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts