A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:51 pm

you keep persevering! Maybe once all the "training" is finished they will let you schedule a day off....you can only go so long on 7 days in a row.,,, in the meantime I guess lokk at it as a new challenge and extra money

Local time: Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:37 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:56 am

So, I am planning to drop down to one job because things have become a little too much to handle.

Like, there's this one guy at WalMart who doesn't bother to be responsible and show up to work. Perhaps because it was the weekend, but idk. Two days, he never showed up, a no call-no show, and I was left alone to close all on my own... a newbie. I finished almost 2 hours after I was supposed to get off because I was doing the job of 2 people. I better not freakin get in trouble for staying late to finish my job. They need to get someone to help, especially when they know I'm a newbie and alone.

So, idk if I ever said this, but they moved me to the Deli without really telling me. All they told me is that they wanted to train me in the deli, but never told me they were planning to move me there. I kept trying to figure out why they were wanting to train me there when I was a nightshift employee (at the time). I thought maybe they wanted to train me to help them close if they needed or to possibly stock them (?)...

Then I finally was introduced to the manager who would be scheduling me (after about 3 weeks of calling to even get me moving with this job because they made it difficult) and that's when I learned about them moving me from the produce to the deli. The manager was like "did you not like working in produce?" and I basically shrugged, basically telling her that I have no idea why I was being moved to the deli. The manager who hired me can't do her job right, everyone has a problem with her and I'm beginning to see why. She has never been clear from the time she interviewed me.

Like, you interview someone, let them think about the job, you decide whether they get the job or not, and then if things turn out good, to say that they want to offer the job to the applicant, to the interviewee, then schedule orientation. But she interviewed me and hired me on the spot and I wasn't 100% sure at the time I wanted to take the job but I still showed up. And despite being there for like an hour, the interview was like 20 minutes, and that was because she kept leaving the room, leaving me sitting there, waiting for her to return to finish the interview, WHICH WAS SCHEDULED!!!!!!! All in all, from what I've experienced, with all those red flags from the interview I hadn't seen at the time of the interview, I understand where people come from and how bad of a manager she is.

But yeah, hey, while I earn $8.30 an hour at McDonalds (I had just got a $0.30 raise there), I make $10.50 at the deli, compared to the $9.50 at the produce)...

I am planning to drop McDonalds soon if Walmart still is promising beyond the higher pay rate.

Local time: Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:37 am

Postby galled » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:57 am

I had bad managers and bad employees... grrrr!

If they complain about the hours, just tell them what happened. It's not like you were padding your hours and not working. They probably wouldn't want you to just leave and not close. I think you did the right thing.

Keep the job you like best. Can you get full time hours at WalMart? Once you're in for a bit, you can probably keep your eyes and ears open and transfer to a different department (and manager!) if it suits you.

Otherwise, how are things? College doesn't always, but does much of the time, leads to better paying jobs. Of course, if you don't have a career goal yet, doing what you're doing is the right thing.

So is McD's just not paying enough compared to WalMart or do the managers over there and/or work suck too?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:19 pm

Yeah they complained and then told me I should have been done before 11 even. I wasn't that fast at the job at the time and didnt know how to get in contact with a manager quickly.

I like my managers at McDonalds, but WalMart pays better and I'm getting better there so it seems more promising now. Though I did get in trouble because I got meal exemptions, 2 being feom staying too late and not taking my lunch break (which I normally didn't have) and one because I took one when I wasn't supposed to due to a misunderstanding.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:32 pm

so long as you are getting things resolved, learning from your mistakes. They need to understand that you can only do so much with the knowledge you are given and if they don't train you properly its not your fault! All you can do is tell them, ok, sorry, I know now.
Are you paid hourly, do they have you clock in to a time clock?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:07 pm

yes and yes.

Apparently they want to expect a newbie to also be perfect. Like, jeez, I'm still learning and so of course I'm not going to be that fast. At least they fired the guy that never shows up to work.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:26 pm

as frustrating as it sounds sometimes, it must be nice to have the paycheck coming in and you are gaining experience. Take note of how you resolve these problems for future resumes.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:02 pm

Screw leaving McD's, I like it there. WalMart is stressing me out way too much. Like, I do my best that I can at my job and I never get things done on time. I'm tired of it. Like, I could stay and finish my work after I was supposed to leave or leave with the deli still dirty. Both of those will get me in trouble. I'm tired of getting complaints when I'm there doing the work of 2 people. It is impossible for me to close in two hours alone. A co-worker asked if she can close the hot side down before she got off and was told no by the manager which sounded like she wanted to make it impossible. The job was impossible for one person.

Postby galled » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:16 am

Sounds like a good decision. Can you get enough hours at McD's?

Server Administrator

Postby dragoness129 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:06 pm

Yeah, have the manager try to do it in that time frame and see if it is possible to be one person doing the job of two people.

Local time: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:37 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:53 am

Psssh, she wouldn't want to do that. She wouldn't do that.

Postby dragoness129 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:39 am

And I bet she couldn't do it.

Local time: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:37 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Probably not.

Hell, I had a different manager helping me close and still didn't get everything done. Why? Because they didn't keep up with the dishes and left me with both sides of the deli again. It's not possible for one person to close the place down.

Edit: That was a few days ago. I'm not showing up or telling them I quit. They can just terminate me, idc.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:55 pm

can you make a formal complaint - go above your managers head? Maybe if you give written notice why you are quitting it may have to go into the record and the improper management of that manager may then have to be addressed.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:41 am

I don't really care, at this point, what management does and all that. That manager had complaints from associates and they obviously don't care because she's still there.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts