A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Kit's Kitty Korner [14 to 700]

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Kit's Kitty Korner [21 months remission get!]

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:22 pm

Awesome

I'm already talking a joint project webcomic with someone else, but right now everything's tentative with that

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:15 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:48 pm

I think the term "starving artist" has been appropriate through the centuries... artists barely can scrape out a living and then after they are gone their works become masterpieces and someone else profits from their creativity and hard work. Fortunately in history some of the masters of art had mentors, so at least they could eat.

Unfortunately I think today people expect things for free and it is more difficult to make a living as an artist... you really need to be able to market yourself and your work to be able to make money. Sadly, most consumers do not realize or appreciate the amount of time it takes to produce the work.

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:15 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:53 pm

The joint one is tentative mainly because they don't have a storyline yet XD

I still need to get a web domain tho

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:14 pm

well, it sounds like you have an idea of what you need to do and you definitely have an interesting story idea...so you will have to keep us posted on the progress

Postby Vivi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Got that right. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Also good just with your comic.

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:15 am

Sure I am. What's your point?

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:34 am

You mean spam the link when it exists?
I'm hoping that Hiveworks will sponsor it after it starts ovo

Re: Kit's Kitty Korner [jobless]

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:21 am

;_____;

Postby galled » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:38 am

Ru-roh, jobless?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:35 am

The one that paid nice, yes
But if I can get my webcomic launched soon, and ad revenue starts, I should be fine seeing as I still live at home

Postby Silverfire » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:37 am

I'm thinking about opening up a art shop on FR for cheap head and shoulder sketchies since I want to work on getting better but I'm also easily discouraged in doing it on my own. It's a long story with that and a minor income either in fake money or maybe a $1 here and there would help me see that my art is loved and therefore I am more motivated to keep working on learning and growing. But idk still ;; It's scary to think about. Because I am terrified of getting ripped to shreds and that is the last thing I need.

And oh no D: If you want to tell; what happened, Kit?

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:41 am

Not entirely sure if FR allows RLC, but I'll joint shop with ya ovo

I was told nothing on layer breaks and apparently it had layer breaks so paychecks were wrong and it was my fault because no one said anything so they let me go
Surprisingly enough they left me up as eligible for rehire in six months

Postby Silverfire » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:15 pm

They do, as long as you aren't selling like plushies of on site dragons and other FR stuff that could be labeled as merchandise! But your own drawings or personal works can be sold on there (whether or not they are of the dragons and you see them or characters or items). I'd have to figure out PayPal tho >>; And I wouldn't mind that at all~ I'm honestly hoping to get more on-site cash; sprites don't buy themselves >>;

I made a idea outline of my idea for a shop and cost here. I might actually start working on graphics tonight, if the power holds ^^; The $ amounts can easily be translated into gems since $5 is 500 gems, so 100 gems for $1. For treasure, I still use a 1:500 ratio even though the current conversion is about 1:800 now because of glimmer >>;

...... Wow, just wow. Fire someone for not telling them something! That'll fix it *eyeroll*
Probably because they know they would be in trouble for not doing that since the reason that they had to fire you was their fault and if you went to a union or someone else seeking your job back, that they would be in hot water for not giving you all the deets of your job and they tried to cover it by firing you. So fire you now, fix their mistake, and then rehire you when they can again so they don't get in trouble.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Awesome
So, joint shop?

Mom and dad both figure that politics are in play here, cuz one person I worked next to hates me so we figure that she found a way to get rid of me
Plus the other girl in the office (her coworker) enjoyed having me around
I doubt that I'll head back

Postby Silverfire » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:06 pm

Sure~ I'll work on my part tonight/tomorrow. Maybe. If the power would stop going out... And then I'll ping you and you can post your part afterwards. And when you are done, we'll open for requests. Sound fair?

I've also add little tarot readings to mine and someone is already interested. You don't have to copy that but I'm not going to stop you if you do xD

Ah dear.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Sounds good

You read too? I've got a wind flight only card reading shop and it's at...eleven pages? -too lazy to check-in

Job politics. They suck

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts