A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Shiro's Hangout |staying active!!|

Postby npixelz » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:02 am

Hippo barfdye Shirooooo

Local time: Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:24 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:17 pm

How's the summer going Shiro?

Local time: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:24 pm

Postby npixelz » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:54 am

*hums beautiful mistakes by maroon 5 while vacuuming the hangout*

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:45 pm

thank you all for the birthday wishes!!! and Lemon Cheesecake for the gift T_T i appreciate you all so much
can y'all believe ive been on this site for 7 whole years!? time really flies haha, i hope for many more years to come!

Local time: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:24 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:48 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Sorry for the double ping!! It's been going well, have some IRL stuff to do that i've been putting off during the semester, and meeting some friends who flew back during summer break! been doing commissions for extra pocket money so it's been a busy but fruitful break so far! how have you been? hope you've doing well too, and with everything happening in the states i hope you're safe!!

Postby npixelz » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:11 am

Sounds busy!

But busy means less boredom

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:54 am

Sounds like you are still busy, even if you have been delaying some projects, but also productive, pocket change is good and being creative even better! Am glad to hear you are taking some breaks, visits with old friends is wonderful and revitalizing!

With the nightmares we hear about China's zero covid restrictions keeping people confined in their homes I was worried you may go stir crazy, but maybe that is only mainland China & if you are able to visit with people maybe where you are is not so restrictive?

Not sure which you are referring to in the States? Our crazy politics? Drought? Protests?

I was very sad to hear of the assassination of the Japanese Ex Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. I always consider Japan such a respectful people that it is very shocking.

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:11 am

npixelz
oh yea for sure! i've been cramming everything i've wanted to do over the semester into my summer break haha

Lemon Cheesecake
pocket change is great :cool: i don't think i mentioned this before but i actually invested in a desktop windows PC in may so i've made that money back and i'm hoping to get an ergonomic mouse! never had a windows before and it's so nice being free from the macbook life honestly, i do not miss it :cheeky:

oh yea that's mostly mainland china, hong kong is more chill. they still maintain mask policies and limit seating arrangements which im very glad for. seeing the recent AX situation in the states was such a culture shock!
i'm lucky since i do most of my work at home anyway, i'm very used to it but lots of other people aren't OTL it's more an issue of if you can afford to stay home with people needing to work and stuff

uhhh... i guess all of it? there's so much going on i've kind of lost track but what's more important to me is that my friends are staying safe :strain:

oh that news came out of nowhere for sure, i was very shocked when people on my twitter timeline started talking about it

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:31 pm

I haven't gone to AX for a few years and didn't see anything on the news ... I will have to look it up.

I have decided most of what is on the news is not the whole story so I limit what I view... however, fires or floods or droughts can't be denied and if it is close to someone I know then I definitely reach out to contact them to make sure everything is ok.

I've never owned a MAC but know people who do. My PC has worked great for me and of course I have fabulous tech support if I need it. :wink:

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:47 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
AX was so crowded this year, a lot of artists were tweeting about how poorly it was managed :strain: i've never seen so many people in one space in years

you're so valid! the US is incredibly large after all, it's hard to follow everything in detail. i do the same as well~

I feel like Macs are fine for people who want a computer for everyday use without too much hassle on specs, but certain programs I use or want to use are so bad on it T_T I love the fact I can customise my PC hardware and swap out parts much more easily though! choice was something i never had in the past :D

Postby npixelz » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:55 am

Good luck doing it all!

I don't watch the news and am nearly completely ignorant on the happenings of people and things around my country, let alone the world

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:13 pm

With a couple years of things being closed I have found that there has been disorganization for events. People get out of the flow or new people come in that don't know what they are doing or new rules get put in place that people are scrambling to conform to, venues or supplies aren't available either, anyway am seeing that with things here from that.

Postby galled » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:29 pm

The advantages of PC's become more apparent as one becomes more involved with computers. It's funny because I know/knew a lot of art types who would say that MAC's are best for artists/content creators. It may have been true 30 years ago when Apple lead in graphics resolution, colors, processing power, and software optimization, but they eventually come around and are not happy how much they overpaid for less performance and flexibility. :/

I still hear from newer digital artists who think that same thing--just shows you that reviews/recommendations from "youtube experts" should be taken with a grain of salt...

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz