A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Reaper's Graveyard

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Reaper's Graveyard

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Potty training: do you have the insert that fits over the toilet seat to make the area smaller for kid size butts? They have some that fold down so you can travel with them. There are also padded seats so they don't feel like they are slipping in.
Some kids are afraid of "falling in" or getting sucked down into the toilet...try the portable potty if he is afraid something is going to "come up" out of the toilet water to get him and let him sit on it when Mommy or daddy are going potty at the same time.

After Dad poops let him see dad's poop and flush it "bye-bye" down the toilet.

When your son goes pee does he stand or sit? Maybe have him sit when he pees until he can poop on his own.

Reward charts: every time he goes he marks it off and gets a reward when he fills the chart in.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:39 am

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:00 am

We have one of those,his seat is Spiderman. Lol And he just started to stare a few months ago, and as for the rest we have tried that. We have talked to several people about it and the only thing we came up with is that he will do it on his own.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:39 am

The Grim Reaper yo ^_~Image

Postby Watery Star » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:03 am

Good luck. It's only a matter of time before he gets the hang of it.

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:30 am

Yeah I hope so, I mean he got the hang of going pee and not wetting his pants anymore.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:14 pm

he has a baby brother doesn't he? Wonder if he is holding onto that last little bit of still being a baby? But you are right, he will eventually get it and when he wants to go do certain things and finds out he only can if he is able to go on the potty he may start sooner... I shall hope it will be sooner for you, don't give up on trying new things with him. Sometimes new underwear they pick out works... we are all different.

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:31 am

Well I thought that too but he hates being called a baby and hates diapers. He wears underwear so it's not that. I just hope he learns to go before he starts school next year. He also only goes once a day right now, just like his daddy, so it's hard to catch BC it's first thing in the morning and he will some times go back to sleep after. We are thinking of trying a mild laxative, but only as a last resort.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:47 am

if its coming out pasty or big it may be uncomfortable for him...maybe not a laxative yet but are there any foods that work like a laxative for him? If he is clock work like his dad then you should be able to figure it out ( like is it within 30 min of being up?) and get him on a routine. Try it on mornings you are home.It's frustrating but getting him to recognize his own bodies signals is a big part of it and it will come...in time.He has all summer to learn right?

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:43 am

Well fruit juice loosens him but but he also is allergic to it that and anything with a high acid content. So yeah. : I've been working with him this past week, he has tried but just gas came out. XD lol I just hope he gets less scared of it, going number two that is.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:55 pm

gosh, sounds like it will be trial and error...sometimes warm drinks work to loosen, can he do "hot" (warm) chocolate or ovaltine or "hot" lemon and honey?

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:48 am

You know I might try that, I never knew that. He likes hot(warm) chocolate. And I think I still my have some Ovaltine .

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:26 pm

it doesn't work instantly but should with in the hour - depending on how much he drinks and how plugged up he gets!

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:52 am

Well the hubby has a few days of, a mini vacation, so we'll give it a try. :cheer:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:12 pm

oh, and a spoonful of olive oil sometimes helps for adults...
I hope you do something fun with the family together on the days off.

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:16 am

Yes we will. My oldest is turning 4 on Sunday and we are taking him to an aquarium on Monday. He can't wait to see the sharks!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:58 pm

aquariums can be fun!
I know some people are against them but often the sea animals are rescued creatures that now are in a protected environment. Some kids love the touch tanks and I always like the underground viewing windows so you can see the fish swimming around. I got to see a newborn baby whale swimming with its Momma once. The Momma had been rescued. Not sure if it was able to be released back into the wild or not though...so I do feel sorry for the larger creatures that are used to having the whole ocean to swim in. But if they have been crippled their survival rate is not very good in the wild so is it a compromise for safety?

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts