A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby Watery Star » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:45 am

It really isn't a bad area, just some crazy that was running around several cities.
Where I'm at now has a drug abuse problem.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:39 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 pm

drug abuse is a difficult one because some people do not want to be helped. I've never been addicted to drugs but I can imagine trying to give up anything when you don't want to has got to be difficult. But where someone's addiction on hobbies might not cause a problem to other people, drugs can. What's the answer? How do we get people to stop or better yet, never start down that road.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:39 pm

Postby Watery Star » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 am

That's a difficult one. It has to be a multi-layered approach. Not one thing is going to solve those kinds of problems.

Postby galled » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 pm

Addictions are emotional (chemical), but the chemical doesn't need to originate from an outside substance. Since they are not based on logical things, trying to fix them logically doesn't work most of the time. It like a paradox and very frustrating to watch...

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:47 pm

"Welcome to McDonald's! Please be a dear and if you don't know what you want, please come inside and consider to look at our website or download our app donyou can look at the menu before getting to the speaker while you decide to wait 10 minutes to get to the nearest speaker. Please, would you kindly speak loud and clear and stay off your phone and keep your kids quiet. Also, don't forget you have your payment ready. Side note: if you have multiple orders, please come inside."

If only...

Eh, too much. More like "welcome to McDs. Use your common sense and manners please."

Postby Of the Stars » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Should be obvious but it just goes to show you, people don't always think things through.

~*~* Watery Star's mule *~*~

Postby Gingerale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:24 pm

I'm one of those who like to special order - so I generally go inside to order.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:39 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:36 am

I add to my burger and still go through drive through. But I know exactly what I want and I normally live with it if they get it wrong unless it's plain or im having a bad day.

Yes, I've ordered a burger with extra pickles and mayo added and I had been given a plain one because the manager picked up the wrong one. I was on break at the time and I hate complaining about it, but i have to have stuff on my burger.

Postby galled » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:49 pm

There's complaining, effective complaining, and complaining in a way that you don't come across as an a$$hole. While all may result in getting what you want in the end, I prefer the latter. (I wish they would teach this kind of stuff in school. I hate to say it, but many parents don't know the difference and couldn't teach their children if they wanted to.)

For example, I would say to the manager:

"Excuse me. I really had my heart set on a hamburger with extra pickles and mayo. I ordered it that way, but I got this instead. Can you help me with it?"

It works a lot better than "Yo! I ordered a burger with extra pickles and mayo, biotch!! What are you f-in' stupid?! Gimmie my burger and money back!" Then proceeding to tear the place apart while streaming it to facebook. (It really happens!) <rolling eyes> :(

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:14 pm

I just explain what is wrong with my burger and not be all pissy about it.

Also, wish people would just take their receipt and keep it long enough so if their order is wrong, they can prove it.

Customer: "Take the receipt back, I don't want it."

Me: -not gonna argue-

Customer: -gets food and sees something is wrong- you got my order wrong!

Employee at other window: may I see your receipt?

Customer: I don't have it. They didn't give it to me.

Cue my manager asking me if I've been giving out receipts and to that I say "if they take the receipt, I'll give it to them."

Postby galled » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:06 pm

I've been to places where they put the receipt in the bag. I realize that procedures at some places makes that difficult.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Nothing says "this book is terrible" than Any Schumer's book "The Girl With The Lower Back Tatoo" xD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:11 pm

if I order at the drive through my receipt is in the bag. If I order inside then I generally take the receipt or ask for it if they don't hand it to me.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:24 am

I usually get my receipt with my card. Otherwise I'd ask for it. Or they ask me if i want it.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 pm

I usually hand the receipt with their purchase because we are required to tell them to fill out the survey... I HATE telling them they can fill it out... and if we don't get enough responses then the management above tells us how we are to ask people to fill it out. If we get a couple people fill it out I feel like we have been successful because I certainly hate to fill them out!

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts