A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:57 pm

McDonald's doesnt have receipt surveys. Though i wish they'd take them. They get a b1g1 coupon on the receipt.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:37 pm

Postby Gingerale » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:33 pm

McDonald's has customer satisfaction surveys on our receipts over here

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:37 pm

Postby Watery Star » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:34 pm

I honestly wouldn't mind filling out a survey but I usually forget when there is one on a receipt.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:31 pm

waaaaait, the b1g1 makes you take a survey to get the code to make it valid. I'm so stupid.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:43 am

I heard a McDonald's cashier ( sorry don't know your official titles) tell a customer that the coupon is only valid at the store that you got the receipt from.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:37 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:55 am

Their title depends on if they were promoted or not. Usually it's a crew member or crew trainer, but sometimes managers will do it, but that's rare.

Technically, it is. And valid for 7 days. But tell customers no, they go batshit crazy.

Note: not all customers go batshit crazy when you tell them no. I've just seen enough to day that.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:25 am

ya, the customer that I overheard was not happy that they couldn't use the coupon because it was from another place.

Postby galled » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:29 am

It's one thing if it says it on the coupon, but when it's not written down, it seems arbitrary. I don't go crazy in that situation, but it certainly doesn't help PR for the company or franchisee.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Watery Star » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:39 am

Yeah it's frustrating. Same can happen with stores and sales credit, only applies to that store. I liked getting clothes at H&M but they did that and their gift cards can't be used online either.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:42 am

Which is why I hate mobile offers. Sure, you tell the mcdonalds app which mcdonalds you'd most likely travel yo, (so that you get the correct coupons for that branch of mcdonalds), but people had gone through drive through with a coupon they wanted to use and saying nothing about where it's valid (only valid at participating restaurants is bullshit. Be specific or be nothing) and a message will come up to the cashier saying "nom-participating restaurant".

Postby Watery Star » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:44 am

I don't like mobile offers because of all the spam they come with.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:04 am

People need to learn to not argue and throw a fit when they are told we cannot ring something up on the pick 2 if it isn't on it.

Postby galled » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am

Absolutely no one should throw a fit. But I've been in and thought I saw in a commercial (the night before) fillet o fish on the pick 2 only to be told that it's no more. The menu should reflect what is on the pick 2 and if it doesn't, the fault lies with the store and/or company, not the customer.

I've even had a coupon rejected (not a McD's) with the manager saying it was a misprint and they would not honor it. Hmm, that's pretty darn close to bait and switch--I wouldn't have gone in if it were not for the coupon. Irresponsible marketing at worst, but bad PR at a minimum... everybody loses.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:09 pm

As far as I know, the fof is still on the pick 2. It still rings up that way. They say the menu says its on it, but i believe they misread it. I think it was something like choose from the pick 2 menu and add a fry and drink or they read the 2 for 2 menu small fry.

I even had the manager explain to them but all they did was complain. Nothing we can do about it. The computer is the one that applies the discount, not the employee.

That's why we ring the items up and looks like at first its not getting the discount, but it literally adds it on when we total out the order.

I've had someone complain that said cheeseburger (ya know, the single cheeseburger) was on the 2 for 2 and I kept saying that it isn't on there. They were lying. I've been through the drivethrough of the McDonald's I work at. It doesnt have cheeseburgers on the 2 for 2 and it doesn't have medium fries on the 2 for 5 on there. They're pulling that info out their arse to not pay as much.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Hilarious, they looked at the fry menu that tells you the fry prices and assumed it was part of the 2 for 5 menu. Lol xD

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts