A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby galled » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:13 am

It's a long read, but perhaps helpful.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/11/maga ... xiety.html

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:32 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:32 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:45 pm

I should have gotten up earlier today...I dreamt I was pregnant - with mice! In my dream someone was using my womb to grow mice in it and I had about a dozen growing in there .... and when I realized it and wanted to get rid of them a group of activists were chasing me to capture me so I wouldn't expunge the mice (hence killing them)....somehow they were the last of a breed and would be extinct otherwise - what the heck does that mean!?!?!?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:49 pm

I just had the worst day at work because of one asshole customer...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:31 pm

oh no! Pats you on the back...you made it through...and...Well... you weren't fired over it right? So maybe the next work day will be better - it could be worse....at least you don't have to live with the a-hole customer. <and maybe they will feel embarrassed and either not come back again or come in and apologize.>

Postby galled » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:39 pm

Try thinking about all of the nice customers you interact with everyday. I'm sure they outnumber the bad ones by a very wide margin. Consider yourself lucky that it's not the other way around! ;)

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:19 am

Yeah, i know there are way more nicer customers, but when someone gets my anxiety so high it causes me to panic, they definitely stay on my mind. That's the first time a customer caused me to panic.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:40 pm

You've been working awhile now so if that is the first time then I'd say you are making progress and maybe learned some triggers that you can watch out for next time you have a rude customer ( and you know they are out there!)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:31 am

Something I can't control. People cussing me out is a trigger and that guy was an asshole.

Postby galled » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:19 am

That's a management issue. What is the policy regarding customers who cuss at employees? I'm sure it's written somewhere.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:03 pm

Idk. Usually, if the manager witnesses it, they kick the person out. But idk the actual policy. The manager was in the restroom when it happened and I had told them about it. Of course, i removed myself for the time from front counter and went to the office and one of my coworkers let the manager know where i was because i cant stay up there the way I was.

Postby galled » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:20 pm

It's McD's--they have literally everything written down...somewhere. You need to ask the lead manager what the policy is. I find once you know what the policy is, you can un-couple yourself from any similar situations. You can blame policy and everyone there knows what's expected, allowed, and what should happen. It'll be designed to protect the safety of employees and customers (read limit lawsuits e.g. be reasonable in the eyes of the law) and remove the person in the wrong. They'll probably just tell you to get a manager, but if you have a better idea of what the big picture of what's supposed to happen, it'll help you feel safer and feel that you're doing the right things in every sane person's eyes.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:39 pm

It's not until I go to McDs for food when i have to endure a screaming baby and idk if the parents even tried to shut the kid up to realize, i really don't like kids.

I definitely wouldn't have the patience for one, and screaming and crying would drive me mad.

But seriously, if your child is screaming, either shut them up or leave. Don't make other customers and the workers suffer your screaming child.

I just hate people. There's not really much else to it.

Postby Gingerale » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:18 am

I don't think you actually hate people you just hate that people have a lack of self control and discipline and in today's world consideration is basically a rare commodity.

So how do we go about changing that?

Often "feeding a kid" will get them to calm down but when the child is over tired and past that point and over frustrated then they can't be calmed so easily. Yes, picking up the food to go would be more beneficial for everyone but I think in a parent's mind at that point they just want to get the food into the child. Then you get those kids who don't want to eat at McD's and refuse to sit down even and cause a scene that way while in the meantime you are trying to feed the rest of the family. Phobia's. Whatever happened to eating three meals at home and eating out on rare occasions?

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:32 am

Postby Watery Star » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:25 pm

My family used to eat in the car. I remember that if my brother or I couldn't behave we didn't get to go into the play area and we'd have to leave all together. But we also just ate in the car a lot because it was quicker usually and we didn't have to deal with anyone else.

Babies are difficult especially when they're fussy. I'd think going through drive thru then eating in the car would still be reasonable with a screaming baby. You can sit in the parking lot and then take the baby into the bathroom if needed but stay away from everyone. It works out even better if it's the parents eating and the baby just needs sleep. Don't have to move baby and you don't have to get out unless you need to use the bathroom.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts