A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Eh, whether or not I actually hate people..... I just don't want to hear a screaming child (I don't think the child was doing it to be fussy because the child looked pretty content and screaming as it was playing around) while I'm eating my food......

It bothers me seeing parents feed babies McDonalds, though that's not why I'm upset.

I would bring a screaming baby through the DT either because I don't want to hurt the workers ears..... I've been there.

I just don't think people need to bring babies to McDonalds.... of all places. A baby isn't going to eat the entirety of a happy meal. And people do buy happy meals for babies and requests an under 3 toy. I'd rather see them buy them apple slices and like a milk, but not a whole happy meal. That's for kids who can feed themselves.

I've seen people bring babies in the restaurant and keep them quiet. I usually see them do whatever they find works to calm them down so as to not disturb other customers.

But I guess DT would be best because it's not a prolonged period of time if they know how to order their darn meal....... >.<

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:31 am

Postby galled » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:15 pm

I don't know what's wrong over there, but McD's was always a treat for me when I was a kid. If I misbehaved, I would be threatened with not being able to come back again. That would shut me down! :)

Babies are babies and they cry (can't talk), but if they're carrying on for more than a few seconds, something is wrong. It sure sounds like bad parenting! :(

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:31 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:58 am

As for "I hate people"....

People are the reason I have bad anxiety.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:11 am

interacting with disagreeable people brings out anyone's anxiety...as does confrontation

Postby galled » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:29 am

For me it's kind of a game. I like to see if I can turn people around if they're having a bad day or loosen up if they're moody. I'm usually successful, but when I'm not I can brush it off as being their problem/loss and I can move on with little affect on me. I refuse to give that kind of power to anyone over me.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:49 am

When it causes you to not want to interact with other people because the thought causes you to become extremely anxious (I've had panic attacks at the thought of giving a speech, which isn't the normal amount of anxiety to experience for that situation), then that delves into social anxiety territory.

People could just be minding their own business and I'd still get extremely anxious.....

I'm not like this because of a few disagreeable or confrontational people. There's much more to that.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:26 am

The road to over coming is first recognizing the pitfalls and it sounds like you are getting a grasp on that Monkeygirl and I have to say being put in the stressful, for you, position of interacting with people on a daily bases when they are hungry and grouchy you are showing that you are developing some good coping skills and getting a grasp on keeping your anxiety in check.

I know we have no idea as to the depth of what anxiety you experience, other then what you tell us, but other then venting to us ( a neutral place), it sounds like you are making progress and I have to say I am proud of you.

Postby galled » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:56 pm

Me too! Recognizing all of the factors is huge by itself. And dealing with them on a daily basis is heroic! :)

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:59 am

It's only frustrating that other people will never understand how bad my anxiety gets so they can't really give the best advice. I'm not saying it's bad advice, but its just more "I've tried it and it didnt work" kinda thing.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:22 pm

I like to try to problem solve so if I over step boundaries then please let me know!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Shit, the notifications button in place of unread threads really messed me up. I was confused for a moment, lol.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:36 pm

I was confused for more then a moment to be honest. I had a mini panic attack because I thought I had lost all means of finding threads to post in that weren't my own.... what a relief to see "unread threads" still there, just under the Forums heading ( like the notification said, I just didn't understand at first)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:32 pm

I knew Diana wouldn't get rid of the unread threads so that didn't worry me. I thought that I had accidentally pressed read all at some point. Then when i realized it was a different layout, i thought I misclicked.

Postby galled » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Hey, Monkey, I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am with your baking skills. Your recipe thread is going to be wonderful! :)

You photography skills certainly are paying off. That picture of your cupcake is catalogue worthy! I think you have the skills set to possibly develop all of this into a business. Lot's of work ahead if you decide to pursue it, but it all seems to make sense.

We're all very excited to see what you create next!!

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Lol, that is like the very first thing I ever baked (not counting the box mix stuff that anyone can make, no matter of their baking skill.)...

Thanks, though! :D <3

It's going to be sloooooooowly added to start off because I'm still living with parents and would rather wait til I'm on my own before I start experimenting and cooking things. (I don't want to keep using the ingredients they buy for my own pleasure. I'm just weird like that. I'm weird about a lot of things.)

I do have an interest in having my own restaurant, so that's probably a good thing, lol. Honestly, it may never happen, but I can at least create cooking videos on YouTube if I just so feel like it. Idk.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts