A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby galled » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 am

Sorry you're having such a hard time. Is it dad or someone is hassling you to clean your room or it is just pressure you've put on yourself?

One thing that's helped me is to create a task list/schedule that everyone can see. For example, if you write on it "Wednesday - clean room." It'll keep you organized and will train others to keep their comments to themselves about your room until at least Thursday!! The trick is you have to follow your own schedule, which shouldn't be as difficult to follow because you control it as opposed to having to follow one who makes one for you. In the short term and long run, it's win-win.

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:25 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 am

It's my dad. I had already planned to clean my room up. But he butts his head into my business, i have no privacy in my bedroom...

Because there is no privacy, i get extremely paranoid and anxious.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:25 am

Postby galled » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:32 pm

I understand. If you have a schedule posted (maybe right outside your room) about things he bugs you about, you can always point to the schedule and he'll have to shut up until the deadline passes. But know if you miss a deadline, he may say something. It'll take some "training," but it can reduce the feeling that things come from "out of the blue."

That said, I think most of these kinds of conflicts occur because it's a communication problem. No one can read your mind and unless you state what's what, these kinds of things will continue to happen.

Server Administrator

Postby Watery Star » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 am

Go and vent here it's sort of what it's here for, isn't it?

I think the other problem is just being an adult and living at home can present it's own challenges. Even if it's just a tiny studio apartment it can be so much nicer to have your own place and not just a single bedroom to yourself. Sharing an apartment with a friend or roommate is different than living with your parents. Unless they are really nosy, they are not going to be all up in your business.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Yeah. The only reason a friend would bother you is if you don't pay your half of the rent and whatever you agree to pay for. Or if you're like extremely messy.

I'm not a very organized person, but i can manage to keep my room clean if I'm in the right state of mind. And me thinking about my dad going into my room makes me anxious and then that spirals downward to where i dont bother cleaning my room because i dont have the motivation.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:15 am

Well, i was hoping to move into an apartment in the spring, but now that's not happening. I'm going to move in with my grandma because the relative staying is losing their job and will be moving away and she needs someone to be there to help.

I might get me a night job so i can be there during the day. And unlike the relative who was staying there, I'm not going to sleep all day and I will come out of the room and help.

At least my friend doesn't have any hard feelings. I'm not going to be there forever, but i do feel like I need to take this opportunity.

Postby galled » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:11 pm

Work at home during the day, and work outside at night. Only so many hours in a day. Will you be paid for your day work is that in lieu of rent?

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Well, my grandma can still take care of herself, I'm just more of help. I'd help do the few things she can't do, help her on the things she can (like keeping the house clean) and help her pay for things like groceries and gas. And I get a place to stay for a while.

I'm not going to help her in hopes to make money. She needs someone to help her and relatives should already step up, even if they don't get paid for it. It's Their family and they should take care of them. That's why I'm doing this.

Postby galled » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Commendable, as long as it doesn't interfere with your career/life progress. Such situations can suck years out of your life in stagnation. It's not like you're her sole living relative.

That said bettering your relationship is it's own reward. :)

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:28 pm

I really value the time I spent with my Grandma, I hope it will be quality time for you both! Maybe you can still work a day job, it seems older people sometimes need someone around to help them in the evenings for dinner and help them to get ready for bed or be there during the night if something happens. Of course they also need someone to drive them to appointments.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:30 am

My grandma needs more help during the day. And I'd rather be up and helping out during the day and work at night.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:15 am

Most obvious rule of thumb:
If the breakfast menu is up, no big mac for you.

Postby galled » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:20 am

Is there an official time when breakfast ends? I remember one local McD switched at 10:30 and another at 11:00. But now they sell some breakfast items all day long. So confused!! LOL

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Lunch begins at 10:30 on the weekdays and 11 on the weekend, idk if thats the same at every mcds.

But it wasn't even 9:30 and someone was asking if we were serving lunch yet. Uh, no. Since when is 9am Lunch?

Postby galled » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Ah that explains it. Thanks!

Lol, 9am is lunch somewhere in the world!

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts