A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Postby npixelz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:50 pm

0o0
Wow, this is amazing! I like the new buttons and things!

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:28 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:18 am

Oooooh, side effects...... It's making me freaking drowsy and a little dizzy. Like, i had lost balance a couple of times...... I'm gonna hope it's just a coincidence and see how the next few days play out. Hell, I'm only taking half a pill right now. Please be a coincidence.

Postby galled » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:15 pm

That's how some anti-anxiety pills work. (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about.) Let your doctor know and ask if you can drop down to 1/3 or 1/4 pill or if there's another kind of pill you can try. An accident isn't worth it.

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:28 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:33 pm

It could be a virus but since it is occurring about the time you are starting a new med then I would assume it is a side effect.

I'd say ask the Dr - even if you just call the office and express your concerns. If you are dizzy you probably shouldn't be driving or operating any machinery ( don't want to spill hot coffee on yourself or fall at work).

Postby npixelz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:07 pm

I've never had any major side-effects with any of the meds I take, other than not being hungry at lunch time, so I can't give any advice beyond what these two have already said. But I agree with what they said. ^^

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:13 am

I'm seeing if it persists or if it will stop eventually because maybe my body was just trying to get used to it or something. I'm trying to keep mental note of how I feel each day with the meds, though, so if I get through the whole month and make that follow up appt, I can tell my dr. But if it gets worse or just as bad as that one day and persists like that, then I'll have to make an earlier appt.

edit:
so far, it hadn't persisted and other than maybe a tiny bit drowsy (like, I'm still more awake than anything), I haven't really experienced those things.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:49 pm

glad to hear it sounds like you are adjusting...or getting better...

Postby galled » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Any updates on your promotion, Monkey?

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:14 pm

They're going to do a checklist thing tomorrow that I need to pass. If I pass, I'll do a bit of training to be a crew trainer. If not, oh well. I'm hoping to pass and so I'll get a second job. If I don't pass, I may just find a better paying job and leave McD's. Not that I'd be salty, it's just I don't want to quit if I'm being promoted. That opportunity arose when I was just about to start looking for another job.

Of course, if 2 jobs stress me out (like, they're going to have to give me my normal two days off, ain't no way I'm working a 7 day week with my anxiety issues) then I'll have no other choice than to quit despite just being promoted.

I kinda wish I left sooner so that I wouldn't have to worry about being promoted around the time i hoped for a better paying job. Heh. I'll just have to see.

Postby npixelz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 pm

Whatever happens, you'll cross that bridge when you come to it, no point worrying about what you can't change, and if there's something you can change, no point worrying about that either, if you can change something that needs to be changed, don't make a fuss about it, change it. If you can't change it, don't worry about it, worrying won't do anything. Whatever will be, will be, whatever won't, won't. Que sera sera. Etc.
(Btw, I'm not saying anything like, you're worrying to much, or fix it, or anything, I'm just trying to help, hope it worked).
(Btw #2, I say all these things, yet I rarely actually follow that advice! ^^ How "wise" of me! Lol!)
^^

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:49 pm

I'm just having a hard time convincing myself to leave my job for a better paying one. It's going to be hard, but I am thinking about just getting another job and not wait for them to make me a crew trainer. Even then, I wouldn't make enough to have an apartment and I thought about a second job, but I really can't afford it emotionally and stress myself out. I only just started anxiety medicine. A second job would probably make things worse and I'm just worrying about that.

Postby npixelz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:19 pm

Makes sense, any change is hard, new job, new school, etc, it's all hard to deal with. I know I myself really get upset with change.

Postby galled » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Yep, good plan. Get your house all in order/all your ducks in a row before taking on new things. Makes sense!

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:23 pm

It's the decision making that I stress over and even though I should know better I always make it more difficult then it needs to be. Doesn't matter how many lectures or reading or advice I am given on handling stress or making "better decisions" I still end up messing it up somehow. And I wish I could leave it at ok, the decision is done, I always have to focus on why I messed up or what I should have done differently. Lol. I envy those people who can "go with the flow" or don't stress over the little things, or who can sum a situation up quickly and make a smart decision.

That rant said, I hope you have been able to make some positive decisions/steps, Monkeygirl.

Postby npixelz » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:51 pm

Yeah, my mom is always telling me to "go with the flow", and I always used to grumble and say "why can't the flow go with me?" So I know how hard it is. But I think that thinking about what you should have done differently is good to a certain extent, so you can learn from mistakes, but doing it too much isn't good. I don't deliberate over decisions too much, but sometimes I look back on something and wish I had deliberated a bit more. ^^

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts