A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Fairy Garden (1)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Fairy Garden (1)

Postby npixelz » Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:13 am

Indubitably!

Work was good! I didn't get exactly every aisle done that I was supposed to do, but that was because apparently last Saturday my team lead sent my manager pictures of things I missed, so last night I focused on making sure I didn't miss ANYTHING. And my manager said I did a good job
I also brought my book for breaks which was fun, and I bought more Monster Mash fruit snacks
I'm currently a little obsessed with Hazbin Hotel. I might even rewatch it tonight
In other news my work schedule has changed, so there's a chance I'll be off on Halloween! Fingers crossed!

Local time: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:27 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:11 am

An employer wants to see that kind of reaction - focusing on improvement. Should be a good boost for your job review. Are you allowed to take your own pictures to keep for your records?

Local time: Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:27 pm

Postby npixelz » Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:01 am

Indeed. Hopefully. Idk.

Speaking of work, I got texted asking to go in last night, but I woke up late, like 15 minutes before work starts, which is around the time I usually arrive. Plus my sister was in the bath, and my mom was asleep. I thought my dad was, too. So even if I could have gotten ready in so little time, I had no options for a ride

The rest of the night was fine. Did exercises (though my left foot was, and still is, in pain), finished book two of Percy Jackson, watched some videos, had a good dinner of taco stuffs, caught pokemon on discord, and generally had a good time

I'm a little annoyed I didn't get up earlier tho, because I could have gone to work if I had the time, and I'm sure they would have been impressed, especially if I did well, maybe they would have even increased my shifts to be 3 nights a week. Now tho, that probably won't happen anytime soon

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:18 am

I'm sure if you let them know you are willing to take another shift they may work it into the schedule.

The jacket on my avatar is smoking jacket, I don't recall which event it was, maybe the animal mask one?

Did your store have people buying items to hoard last week? There was a possible dock srtike & people were hoarding paper items like paper towels & toilet paper, like they did during covid. Cray.

Postby npixelz » Sun Oct 06, 2024 5:31 am

You would think that's how it works, but I've been trying to have more shifts since last year
I think you're right
Idek

Last night I was annoyed. My team lead barely spoke to me, and when he did it was to tell me I was being slow, and that "there will be notes"
I wanted to tell him I was slower because of the other day where I apparently missed a bunch of stuff. I wanted to tell him he stresses me out. I wanted to point out the fact that he gets mad at me when I'm on my phone but my coworkers spend so much time on theirs
I didn't say any of that though, because I knew he wouldn't care, would probably blame me, would probably not even listen, maybe just tell me empty words about how he "understands" and all
And then I would have gotten mad, and might have gotten in trouble, and at the very least be angrier than I already was for the rest of the shift
So I just ignored him. But much of my night was spent debating if I should talk to him, and just feeling resentful

Postby galled » Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:17 pm

I don't want to come across as not being on your side, but you have to remember:

1. You have a job to perform a function and complete assigned tasks. That's the bottom line.
2. How much your co-workers look at their phones is irrelevent if they're able to complete what's assigned to them. If you're unable to complete your assigned tasks your lead will look at what might be taking time away from you completing on time.

Now if the others aren't able to finish to your lead's satisfaction, then they yeah--they're just picking on you and your phone usage (unless you're very behind compared to the others).

"Understanding" isn't a free pass to not do your job. Do you think your lead is assigning too much for you to do? Do they expect the same level of performance from the others? If you're asked to do more than anyone else, then you have a right to be mad/annoyed and you should speak up. Otherwise, not so much. At that point it would be better to keep quiet and do better. Am I missing something?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:13 am

Idk

Last night was alright
Team lead told me to work really fast and do more aisles than usually expected, but also not miss anything
I worked to the best of my ability and got 1, 2, 4, 5, and half of 6 done

Now I'm off for 5 days, and I'm hoping to watch the Wild Robot in theaters with my sister one of the days

Postby galled » Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:52 am

Alright! Way to hustle!!

I want to see that one too!

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:07 am

Indubitably

Last night was great!
I woke up on time, had chicken fingers and fries (my sister even put spices on the fries to add more flavor), played Genshin with my sister, chatted with my BFF, caught mons on Discord, read Percy Jackson, played a tiny bit of Pokemon Shield where I use pokemon that aren't what they seem (Mimikyu pretending to be Pikachu, Lurantis pretending to be a bug, etc), and generally had a good time!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 09, 2024 4:54 pm

Great job!

ahhh 5days off sounds fun.

Postby npixelz » Thu Oct 10, 2024 2:15 am

Ty
Ye, though I was called in Tuesday!

I did a good job on Tuesday, tho, so hopefully they'll give me more hours

Last night was good! Woke up at a decent time, had bao buns, chatted with my friends, played my new Pokemon playthrough (where I use pokemon that are masters of disguise, seem to be something they aren't, etc (like Zorua which uses illusions, or Applin which looks like an apple but is actually a small dragon IN an apple, or Lurantis, which inspired the idea, it disguises as a mantis but is a flower (based on the orchid mantis which disguises itself as a flower but is a mantis))), read some Percy Jackson, did exercises, and had a good time

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:02 pm

I like orchids & I like apples.

Count down to Halloween.

Postby npixelz » Fri Oct 11, 2024 2:31 am

Sameeeee
Indeed! Can't wait!

Last night was... mixed
I woke up on time but also didn't

I woke up 6:30, and tried to get up
But I felt a sharp pain in my left shoulder and left upper back
So I had to lie down again
I went back to sleep, waking up occasionally and testing to see if the pain had lessened, it had not
Finally my sister came to wake me at 9:30, at which point I told her I couldn't get up, and I told her of my pain
She was really nice and got me advil
After that I was able to move, though the pain was still there, it had at least become bearable
We couldn't find the heater pad so we used my dad's heater blanket and I just folded it so it was small enough to not entirely cover me, thus being able to direct its heat to my pained area
The rest of the night went normally, but it still hurts, and it ruined some of my plans

We're thinking I pulled something when exercising the night before

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:56 am

oh no! You might have pulled something or repetitive motions. Stretches are good to help release the tension.

Glad your Sister was there to help you out. next time have her try to gently massage the area.

If you get other symptoms, shortness of breath, nausea - go to the urgent care.

Postby galled » Fri Oct 11, 2024 10:34 am

Sorry you've had issues. Sometimes I get that kind of a thing if I sleep in an odd position. I also notice it happens when it gets colder out (colder in my room and my blanket isn't covering me/that part of my body).

It sounds like it's temporary. Warm showers help too.

Speedy recovery!

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts