A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Maro's Marshmallovv Mansion

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Maro's Marshmallovv Mansion

Postby npixelz » Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:03 am

Wtf

Local time: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:22 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Maro » Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:26 pm

Unfortunately where I don't have a GP getting proof of disability for disability housing is difficult because you need documents from doctors to show you have the disabilities so even though I have them I can't get the papers fast enough to -prove- I have them. Same goes for the first nations paperwork, it's under my birth name not my current name so even though I've had this name for over a decade I have to get that all sorted and I'm registered for my home area which is a 7hr trip both ways and it's a whole mess of a thing trying to get back out there not to mention trying to get someone [two someoes actually] who can "vouch for me being who I say I am" with the council out there for them to finish updating it to being my current name. So I can only get temp status cards that are in my birth name, the numbers match with all my other information like SIN and birth date and everything just not my legal name and it's such a headache trying to explain it to government officials whenever I -do- use it for anything. That's on top of even trying to find a way out there in the first place and lodging while I'm out there and just everything to do that. There's unfortunately no relatives out here we can stay with at all where I'm living and moving in with them where they are isn't an option either, they're all full up with people in all of their homes no room at all for us even in a temp situation. Local church groups are really much of an option either where I am from what I've seen but I'm thinking of seeing if the food bank down the road where I'm a client can possibly do anything in the way of maybe getting me a lead on a place? Other than that I'm going to be signing up for government housing and putting that it's an emergency situation and contacting the MHA [government rep] for my area and letting her know that it's an emergency situation and see if there's anyway she can help push it through at all in the slightest as well. Other than that we're functionally on our own.

Also I am so so sorry for the wall of text there's a lot of info to put out and I have so much floating around in my head right now it's just.. a lot.. so much of a lot..

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:52 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Gingerale » Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:41 pm

Oh no!

Food bank should hopefully be a good source to help you know what resources are available to you.

Reach out & sign up for whatever help you can get, it will either be available for you or it won't but at least you will have tried, taken steps towards it and it doesn't hurt to get on a waiting list, you can always turn it down if it comes up.

I was encouraging a friend to sign up at self housing. She was told she doesn't make enough money for some of them but at least she got her name on a list & was asking people at the low income housing what resources were out there for her. She has been working as a live in care giver for a sickly senior who recently passed & she cannot afford the cost of renting. She found out she can qualify for disability so she is going to check that out as well. She has no family in the area.

If you legally changed your name I believe you just have to order a new certificate. Hopefully you can do it online & have it mailed or expedited to you.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Local time: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:22 pm

Postby npixelz » Sun Sep 08, 2024 5:43 am

That's some bs right there imo

Postby Maro » Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:04 pm

Oh, I've had the new certificate for the last more than a decade since I changed my name, I even have proof of name change, it's just the fact I have to do everything -in person- with the council for the area back home for getting everything changed -plus- finding the two people who can vouch for me saying I am who I am that makes it so difficult to get it sorted out.
I'm hoping to have everything sorted out with the application for housing before the end of the month so that way I'll have the next two months to get everything sorted with getting ready to move hopefully. I need this to work out or we have absolutely nowhere to go.

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:52 am

Postby npixelz » Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:31 am

I wish you the best of luck

Previous

Return to Hangouts