A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby Spyridon » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:36 pm

I taught myself basic HTML years ago but I'm out of practice. Seeing what previous students did in that classes, I don't feel threatened.

Bassy: feel like sharing?

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:29 am

Postby Bassy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:40 pm

Spyridon wrote:I taught myself basic HTML years ago but I'm out of practice. Seeing what previous students did in that classes, I don't feel threatened.

Bassy: feel like sharing?

Note: These are not my bases. I just used them to draw on it.

http://kayategummybears.deviantart.com/gallery/

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:29 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:42 pm

I can't teach myself HTML to save my life. Well, maybe but I doubt it. I just know the simple IMG links and like other very small things. Mainly because some forums don't use bbcode.

Postby Spyridon » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:03 pm

It's mostly memorization; something you get used to. I have 2 hours before my aunt picks me up and I'm bored.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:05 pm

I'm in my room alone with nothing to do the whole weekend. I'm going to go crazy if I don't find something to do. Lol.

Postby Spyridon » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:12 pm

I'd go out but I barely have any money left, and I need that for food and cigarettes.

You have no idea how badly I'm craving junk food that my diet won't allow. I hate life :x

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:18 pm

I don't have a car, a job, or money to really spend.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:21 pm

I think most campuses have student work programs if you are looking for work for extra spending money. that would give you work experience for future employment, something to keep you busy and money

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:29 am

Postby Bassy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:47 pm

I will be in college in the fall. I don't want to do work study until my sophomore year so I can get a taste of college and get into habits. With work and school for the first year will be somewhat difficult.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
I apparently wasn't eligible for work study, so I couldn't get one. Plus, having thousands of students aiming for campus jobs makes it more difficult. Some requiring resumes that I can't really make because I have NOTHING to put on a resume other than, I did community service with my youth group, and that doesn't really look too well on a resume...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:11 pm

that's too bad monkeygirl. yeah, competition can be fierce but don't discredit community service if you present it to show you are responsible, dedicated and depending what you did you gained some experience

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:29 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:23 pm

Yeah, I know. But it doesn't seem to phase them.

They'd rather find someone who has so much work experience than to give someone experience because they're too lazy to train a newbie. It pisses me off.

Postby Bassy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:28 pm

You could've put the dunkin donuts on there. You did work there even though it was for a short period of time. Also at the toyburg factory you did on christmas season was good to put on it.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:31 pm

I don't even remember the Dunkin Donuts manager's name and I don't think I was ever told the name of the manager at ToyBurg. They usually want you to put contact info on applications for jobs.

Also, employers might get the wrong idea if they see I only worked for a week at Dunkin Donuts and not even 6 months at Toyburg. That usually says I can't stay at a job and employers look for those who would stay with them for a long time.

Postby Bassy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:38 pm

If you put any experience down on the resume, they will look at it saying you had some experience. It helps increase your chances. Even volunteer work works too. I had a class over this and we worked on resume's, budgeting, ect. They don't always look for places you worked at. After school activities, (AYCC- I did community work.) They like to know your skills, hobbies, what skills you would want to develop.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts