A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The LOby

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The LOby

Postby Oby » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:07 am

That's some interesting lineage you got

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:33 pm

ObyArt Shop - ObyArt Dump
FC: 3840 - 8096 - 6028
send me your fc if you want to add n stuff :>

Postby Turtle Sensei » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:10 am

Haha yeah. They put me into the class with the Cambodian kids and I was so confused! I said, "Was sacht Sie das?"" What did you say?" And the teachers had a panic attack. And promptly placed me in the class with the other German kids (who all had blonde hair lol) I told my mom about it when I got home, she accused them of being racist. Which they kind of were since they placed me in a classroom based on my skin color and not my name (we had name tags on and I have a very German name) so they ended up giving her free tuition to the school

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:33 am

Postby Oby » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:14 am

That's an interesting story. |D
Though skin color shouldn't be an indicator for race. :^0

Postby Turtle Sensei » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:15 am

On America it is sadly. My mother has blonde hair and green eyes and my brother and I have olive skin and dark brown hair and eyes. And my mother would get insulted a lot for having mixed kids.

Postby Oby » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:23 am

That is an indicator for someone being a dick and your mom has all the rights to give them a slap on the face.

Postby Turtle Sensei » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:25 am

She did a few times lol. But yeah, racism is sometbing that I've dealt with al! My life. I have people think I'm Arab and be racist to me too. Or Indian or Hispanic and since they aren't sure they either rudely ask me or they're just plain rude to me.

Postby Oby » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:32 am

They could always ask nicely though. Like do they expect everyone to just have these tags that say
"hello I'm insertracehere"
:^(

Postby Turtle Sensei » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:33 am

My husband's step grandmother asked me the first time she met me. Her 90 year old mother smacked her upside the head and told her it was rude. Lol

Postby Mika » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:41 am

I was able to pick up Latin and English pretty quickly, but due to the teachers I didn't stay in the classes to further my education and I couldn't tell you what I did learn from over six to seven years ago.

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:33 am

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:02 am

I only know English and a few Spanish phrases and words but that is about it.

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Maro » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:09 pm

/rubs the back of her head/ I have a bit of the opposite issue as Sensei, I'm extremely pale but a good chunk Native in heritage and such.. but since I look very very pale vvhenever I tried to go around vvearing stuff from my ovvn culture people vvould call me out as racist etc etc.. not fun not fun at all... -sigh-

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:03 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:21 pm

I look like a blonde pale american which is what I am. I have some Italian in me but the skin is counteracted by the Irish and Hungarian in me. So is the hair and I'm English to boot. XD

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:46 pm

i live in a very multicultural area of the city, theres a high concentration of italians and greeks (and others but not relevent here) and i always get asked if im greek or italian or something
i have to say like no im australian, because my family ihas all been born in australia as far back as we know, and then i feel bad because i feel like im telling them theyre not australian because they or their parents werent born here which isnt what im aiming to say
then they go "no but where were your grandparents etc from, your name is from this ___ country"
me:AUSTRALIA FFS

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:33 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:51 pm

Yeah I'm a quarter of all the lings I listed above. My maternal grandmother is Irish and my maternal grandfather was English. My paternal grandmother was Italian and paternal grandfather was Hungarian. XD

Postby Maro » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:11 pm

It's hard to pin dovvn hovv much Mi'kmaq is in me let alone all the European stuff... x.x;

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts