A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn

Postby MissAutumn » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Hopefully we'll hear from Lemon soon.

Thanks, Mouse. I love yours. :)

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:25 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:45 pm

I heard my name!

The fires are hours away ...not sure if we will get any smoke eventually but the power is on a different grid so shouldn't have to worry about power being turned off where we are.The crazy thing is, is that local t.v. stations don't have it plastered all over the news...its difficult to find out what is going on. No one I know in that area but I have a friend I have to check with to see if her family is affected. Fires are scary!

Local time: Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:25 pm

Postby Vivianne » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Fires are terrifying! I’m glad you’re okay; I naturally worry. I saw an article on CNN - seems like there are several that started last night and rapidly grew. There’s one in north LA that may have encroached on two freeways.

It sounds really dangerous.

Local time: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:25 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:59 pm

We've had small fires a long the freeways where a car towing or dragging has started a fire. There are still scorch marks on trees from a few years ago.

Postby Vivianne » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:51 am

I did not realize a fire could be started like that!

I remember in elementary school, the school intentionally started a small fire on our wild garden-thing.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:38 pm

I was talking to someone who went to Santa Ana for an archery competition, he said the fire had been across from the area they were at but they got no smoke! Weird how a lot depends on which way the wind blows.

Postby Vivianne » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Not the same kind of smoke, but while I was at the park today, I think someone was smoking and the wind blew some of it in my direction. Not fun. :c

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:52 pm

I seriously hate breathing in second hand smoke...never mind now that marijuana is legal people think they can smoke it anywhere! It smells like skunk and I really don't like it!

Postby Vivianne » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:10 pm

There have been instances where I’m in a parking garage for a hospital and someone is smoking near a huge no smoking poster.

Secondhand smoke causes me to be temporarily unable to work my lungs. Marijuana isn’t really a problem here; I don’t even know if medical marijuana is legal. It’s unclear.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:40 pm

That sounds like a life threatening situation then! Do you have to carry oxygen around with you at all? Or is your breathing ok unless there are outside pollutants...like smoking. My Mom has difficulty breathing around smoking but she doesn't have any particular disease....just really bad allergies.

I wonder where the hospital security were? They usually tell people they can't smoke.

Postby MissAutumn » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:19 pm

I hate when people smoke outside hospital buildings. It makes me so angry at how selfish they can be.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:25 am

Postby galled » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Oh don't get me started on people vaping anywhere the fel like it thinking it's different from smoking. :frustration:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Vivianne » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:20 am

I’ve had breathing coordination problems since I was young. Moving and pollutants make breathing difficult. I don’t carry oxygen.

I suspect it’s a tumor, but we’ve never really investigated it because each surgery is pretty risky.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:17 am

They should put up posters or make Public service awareness announcements that say " Your smoking could kill someone" and list/show how the smoke could immediately affect people with weakened immune systems. Most people think of the smoke as "second hand" that MAY eventually have an affect long term down the road kind of thing.

How come the people against smoking never show that? Or do they in other countries?

And vaping seems to produce even more smoke! I parked beside a guy and his whole car looked full of it. I moved my car to another spot.

Postby Vivianne » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:34 am

I read an article about a study that showed pets in smoking homes have more respiratory problems. That’s the closest I’ve seen.

I don’t understand why people want to breathe in toxins. Are they somehow unaware of the lung problems?

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts