A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The LOby

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The LOby

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:22 pm

*hands out cookies* If I didn't have my uncles tell me I wouldn't know.

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:43 am

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Oby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:47 am

You guys have very colorful lines meanwhile I'm just Chinese bc my parents are racist af
:^[

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:43 pm

ObyArt Shop - ObyArt Dump
FC: 3840 - 8096 - 6028
send me your fc if you want to add n stuff :>

Postby Mika » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:27 am

Its okay Oby, I'm not sure what I have in me... But at least you're not a mutt xD. Your line is pure! My mom doesn't even know what we really have in us... Other than some Cherokee Indian... And that's not much...

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Turtle Sensei » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:41 am

Oby: Most Americans have multiple races or nationalities in them. Be it Irish, Scottish, and British, or be it some Native American and some African because of the colonization of America by multiple countries we are a very diverse country. You being Chinese doesn't necessarily mean that your parents are racist, but they have grown up in their isolated moral ideals and thus married what they knew. Most Asian families, in my experience, are often scared of their children marrying a non-asian because they fear the loss of their cultural relations and their religious beliefs.

Sorry to rant lol

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:43 am

Postby Mika » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:08 am

Yes, which is why its so hard to find a datable Asian fellow! Arrrgh!

Postby Oby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:38 am

Turtle Sensei
You do raise a point, but near here it isn't about culture on why they don't want a mixed bloodline, but because you know stereotypes. I believe that I did mention about living in the Philippines, so you know lots of Filipinos, and they don't want me being around them even if it's a just friends thing.(which is something I don't do bc how do you expect them to be nice to you if you aren't nice to them like it's their country to begin with and being a decent human being can be a thing yo.)

Anyway
Most of the reasons why they don't want to have children and grandchildren that have Filipino descent is either they would say "Filipinos are lazy", and or "stupid"(which is rude to say tbh) and or they believe that they would be ugly bc Chinese families or at least my family also believes that beauty depends on skin color.(totally bs tho)

Similar to this Filipinos also have racist ideals about Chinese, not really sure on their opinions bc most of the people I'm friends with are p chill. But they usually just comment on physical features which is actually kind of common on both sides rly.

Postby Turtle Sensei » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:47 am

That is very true Oby. I have some friends from the Phillipians and even they are a bit racist. But they try to hide it or overcome it. I went to school with a giy who was half Chinese and half Korean and his parents got mad because he dated white girls. When he and I became friends his mom told him I was very pretty and asked where I was from.lol he had explain that Turtle is a mutt. And she didn't understand. Lol but if he said he was hanging out with our white friends his mom would get upset, but if he mentiones that I'd be there or our Chinese friend TinTin them he'd get to go. It got to where he'd just lie and say we were there lol

I look very Asian in my features and often people will outright ask what race I am.

Postby Oby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:16 am

That sounds really stupid tho 0:
Only being able to go with friends when you're with someone of the same-ish race
I mean I still really think that race shouldn't be an indicator for that bluh

Postby Turtle Sensei » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:19 am

I agree Oby! And I wasn't even the same ish race I was just the right color! And my mother used to try and force me to hang out with other kids who were part black, but since I don't look like I'm part black they would just be mean to me. She was pretty mad when I dated a white guy in high school and even more upset when I married a Hispanic man. But I love my husband!

Postby Spyridon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:23 am

I'm Russian. No one doubts it. I'm one of about 6 white people at my college.

Local time: Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:43 am

Postby Turtle Sensei » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:54 am

Lol. Most people who are white aren't doubted. The reason I'm doubted for being part black is because I look native american Indian or Hispanic or Asian. I have pale skin but a slight tan, most people would call me olive skinned

Postby Oby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:13 am

Turtle Sensei
But isn't skin color kind of affected by where you live or by how much sun light you get or something? :^0
Also I think judging by color of skin gets kind of stupid because of all the whitening products nowadays.

Also good for you for doing what you want!! >:O

Postby Turtle Sensei » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:17 am

It is. My skin gets darker with more sunlight but I still
Look Mexican or India Indian

Postby Oby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:33 am

Just look like it by color, but have they thought of other features that may depend on it though?

Postby Oby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:34 am

Uhm ok so
I'm still working on my survey and kind of just want to ask.
If like you have a survey question where you get multiple answers from one respondent,
do you get the percentages by
number of answers/total numbers of answers
or
numbers of answers/total number of answerers

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts