A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon May 25, 2015 5:29 pm

I like the face and hair color you have on today with the purple.... is school finishing? Have you got a summer job lined up?

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:17 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

I've been out of school for about 2 weeks, I've had one job interview, another one tomorrow, my sis got a job at Sonic (Bassy, she mah sis) and yeah. I want the one that's in a grocery store because I don't want to work in fast food, but I'll take what I can.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:17 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue May 26, 2015 5:09 pm

ummm, Sonic is suppose to be good eats. There are entry jobs out there, have you tried the department stores? Office help for the summer (filing, booking appointments, answering calls etc)? Data entry jobs? If you go for the food industry try to get jobs that have good tips or at least good benefits.

Good luck!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Right now, I just need a summer job. At least at this moment.

They have to be better than my first job at Dunkin Donuts which lasted a month because they wasted my time and money telling me to go back home because they didn't need me in that day for several days in a row. Basically, I never got any hours in. And I lived 45 minutes away, went to a 2 week training, and then them having not finished the schedule yet. As long as nothing is that crazy, I don't really care what it is.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:28 pm

Gosh, I still have this idea I had since high school for a website... o-o

Maybe one day, especially since I'm thinking of changing my major to computer science or something with computers...... Idk, I haven't taken web design in 2 years (I graduated high school two years ago, lol)...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri May 29, 2015 4:08 pm

If you have dunkin donut experience can you do a coffee shop or starbucks? Peets? They usually have better then minimum wage pay. Target. Kohl's around here usually hire for the seasons. Hope you are having some luck

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:37 pm

It's only a month's experience and I don't put that on my applications or mention it because I want to leave a good impression. I only put one work experience of like 4-6 months because I knew it was only temporary.

Wendy's has a big chance at hiring me but I haven't gotten a call yet and it wasn't guaranteed. And I got an interview with Dairy Queen Monday as I set up today, so interviews are going good, just not landing a job yet... :\

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri May 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Since you are thinking of changing your major maybe you might like to look at these articles on the best/worst paid . Of course if you have a passion for social work etc you may still want to go into it, just know it isn't well paid and compensate for that

5 highest paid majors (of course engineering is on the top)

http://www.cheatsheet.com/personal-fina ... jors.html/

Excerpt: Because more of us are college-educated, this makes it so that “just any” degree will not necessarily suffice for some people anymore. People are starting to see that if they’re going to invest all of that hard-earned money, not to mention time and energy, into obtaining a degree, it should be into one that will likely lead to ample job opportunities and higher earnings power.

Five worst college majors:

http://www.cheatsheet.com/personal-fina ... oney.html/

Numerous studies have been done regarding which colleges are the most difficult, prepare students the best, and are the most prestigious. Other studies have considered which majors students should consider. While choosing to study something that is of interest and that you are passionate about is definitely valuable, that alone may not be enough if you want to have a career and make money.

Excerpt: PayScale ranked 130 different majors by salary potential (salary meaning total compensation including base salary, bonuses, profit sharing, commissions, and also overtime if applicable.) The numbers include full-time employees with a bachelor’s degree only, and over 1,000 colleges and universities were included from across the nation. For the purpose of our article, we are highlighting the bottom five on the list, which indicate the worst college majors for salary potential.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri May 29, 2015 7:44 pm

It's also more of "I don't know what I want to do with my life and I sometimes feel there's nothing out there for me"... Sounds horrible, but that's what lack of confidence gets me, especially if I can't land a stupid minimum wage job at a fast food restaurant or something.

I am planning to do the career counseling at my school that can help me decide on what career path I'd want to take. Anything to keep me on the right track.

I kinda want to work with computers, but I feel like I'd be terrible at it. I wouldn't know, though, if I don't try. Like computer science or something. But I also am interested in psychology and I'm just confused.... >.< That's my biggest problem.

Postby Vladimir » Fri May 29, 2015 10:07 pm

/sneaks in

Anyone around? :D

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:17 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat May 30, 2015 4:05 pm

//ghostly whisper
No

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Darnit, two days left for those dresses and I just found out. D:
That's what I get for getting too bored to get on here....
Not that I don't like this place, I just don't get much conversation on here anymore...

Postby Maro » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:59 am

The dresses only just went up. I think its the grad items that are being removrd in a couple days

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:47 am

Art by - ciel

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:17 am

oh.... I just haven't been on in a week or two. I feel like they should do it longer. I'm dead broke on here. :\

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:22 am

Maro is right, grad items go out of shops June 17 and as far as I know there is no date posted for the fairy or swing dresses, so you have some time

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts