A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn

Postby npixelz » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:08 pm

Yeah.

Same.

Good point

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:30 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Vivianne » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:14 pm

We are evaluating day by day now. My youngest brother is now home, and the best option for my middle brother seems to be here. I'm isolated in my room, but there is a bit of risk from my mom. I'm very concerned what would happen if I get aspiration pneumonia. That's a bacterial pneumonia caused by inhaled food or liquid, very common death for NF2. Initial symptom fever, moves fast when untreated. It is the reason for my diet.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:30 pm

Postby npixelz » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:20 pm

That sounds scary. I really hope nothing happens

Postby Vivianne » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:23 pm

My precautions include cautious eating. I may have to restrict further until this virus is controlled.

Postby npixelz » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:30 pm

Yeah, you might have to. Just... Please don't die

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:32 am

We all have to be more vigilant right now ... besides washing hands etc people also need to cough or sneeze into their arm or cover with a cloth so people don't breathe it in.

Vivianne ~ stay safe! I will pray for you vigilantly. :heart:

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:30 pm

Postby Vivianne » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:30 am

Thank you both! I actually wear a surgical mask since '17ish with a napkin because I have random coughing fits and also facial palsy that makes me prone to accidental drooling. It's more hygienic this way.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:52 am

oh good!

From what I am hearing and trying to research is that the corona virus is like a pnuemonia. But people walk around with pneumonia all the time and we don't shut things down... I guess I don't understand why we are allowing a virus to cripple us...yes, take extra precautions during the flu season but mainly use common sense and be responsible.

I am guilty of not being responsible because I went to work sick with a fever last month because I had a mandatory class to go to and then because they didn't have anyone to replace me. Things like that should not happen! That's where changes should come in...protocols that take into consideration what happens if half your work force is sick or you don't have anyone to fill that position, or be able to do an online class rather then expose everyone in the class. If that is the case, then maybe that facility only needs to be shut down...not every store or company in the State or country!

The kids and Teachers in the schools have already been exposed to each other, no new kids are coming in, why are we shutting them down? Now if half the classroom came down sick then have that class stay at home, if half the school is sick, then close that particular school. Stop the pressure for kids in sports to participate even when they are sick.

Kids staying home from school are not staying home! They are going out to the park, out shopping, etc so now they are opening themselves to more exposure. ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Postby Vivianne » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:19 am

Lemon - this is an extremely infectious, unknown virus. We do not know long term consequences. We do not have any immunity.

Pneumonia is like cancer. There are many forms and causes. For aspiration pneumonia, if I get diagnosed and initiate treatment within 24-72 hours, I have to have iv antibiotics for a week, plus a secondary course of antibiotics after.

The pneumonia caused by Corona needs specialized equipment just to support a patient, and there is a shortage. Italy had to triage patients and make decisions to treat based on likelihood of survival because they were overwhelmed.

I believe we are shutting down to flatten the curve, meaning control how rapidly this spreads and overwhelm health systems less.

elementary students may stay in one classroom, but it is common for middle and high school to rotate. Unfortunately not enough people are taking this seriously.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:47 pm

"The pneumonia caused by Corona needs specialized equipment just to support a patient, and there is a shortage. Italy had to triage patients and make decisions to treat based on likelihood of survival because they were overwhelmed."

The best information I have come across yet!

Postby Vivianne » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:17 pm

I'm not a professional, but I do have excess time to mine through news reports and, though they may be sensationalized, individual stories from patients and health care workers. Keeping everyone up to date is important and sadly, there is not good official reporting here.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:21 pm

Exactly, misinformation on the media's part leads to hysteria or confusion.

Postby Vivianne » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:28 pm

I actually trust local news outlets more than national coverage right now. Faster and more precise, or slightly less vague, coverage.

Postby galled » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:52 pm

Here is a thread by Abraar Karan MD, MPH, DTM&H (a global health physician) commenting on paper published by the Lancet examining patients from Wuhan admitted to the hospital who met endpoint of either making it to discharge or dying from the 12th.

https://twitter.com/AbraarKaran/status/ ... 4117881857

Note that nearly 100% of the people put on ventilators died. Now I don't know if the people put on them were too far gone for them to do anything or that ventilators are ineffective. I would tend to think the latter and it would explain why the manufacturers have not ramped up production. The calls that non-professionals are making that there's going to be a huge shortage and people need to resign, etc., are mob mentality types.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Vivianne » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:24 pm

This is a personal perspective, but my living will does say no ventilator. I don't remember all of my reasoning, but ventilators introduce risks like bacterial pneumonia. Regardless of whether there are enough, they won't stave off mortality.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts