A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn

Postby npixelz » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:48 am

Indeed. It's never fun to hear that someone you like and are friends with is feeling under the weather

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:18 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:22 pm

I'm just inserting a memo to myself: if you open a shop you can call it Lemonade stand or Lemon's for sale or??? Or another charity call it Free Lemonade.

I actually had a busy day at work, I thought with everyone hibernating that it would've been very slow. :wink:

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:18 pm

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:14 pm

Hello again. I'm trying to distract my mind. I've been practicing Spanish. I know a few people from Mexico (one being my ex wife that I'm not over lol please destroy me). But I might play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in a minute.
What are you guys up to?

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:18 pm

Veni Vidi Vici
ΔS

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:50 pm

chilling out with some hot tea and then going to watch something to distract myself from the craziness on the news. I ate some steamed dumplings that don't seem to be sitting very well so I cou ld in the throne room later, haha.

No habla espanol, lo siento. Como estas? (haha, did I spell that right???).

Postby npixelz » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:00 pm

My work day was also busy.

Postby galled » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:08 pm

I bet! Has it looked like a tornado hit when you get in or have the crazies subsided?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:16 pm

I imagine they can't have you restock fast enough! Most of our retail and cutting hours to give time to restock and reduce amount of people...although it just makes more people to go at the same time. ugh.

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:09 pm

I work in retail as maintenance. It's ridiculously empty in the canned goods/paper goods aisles. People have also stolen toilet paper from the dispensers in the bathroom. You need a key to get it open, which I have, but it's also flawed in that if you slam your fist on the top of it hard enough, it just pops open.

A deaf sales associate was assaulted because the customer thought he was being ignored. The sales associate wears a badge indicating that he is deaf. But I guess it was not noticed by said customer.

lemon cheesecake: you did but you have a grammatical error. It should be No hablo. When referring to your own self, verbs end in o. Yo means I, so just try to think remember that Yo will end in o.
I hope you feel better btw.

Postby npixelz » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:51 pm

Everything was a mess. There was a lot of empty spaces, and where there was product, it was all over the place. During the little bit of stocking I did, I could barely find where things went because of how messy it was.

Indeed.

Same with my store. That's no good with that flaw.
Oh no, are they ok?

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:58 pm

Do you guys use TCs? It's what we use and they tell you exactly where to put products.
He is but he's shaken up.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:01 pm

I was wondering how long it would take before people started stealing the toilet paper from bathrooms...maybe they need to charge for a strip like some countries do...!

So sad for the sales associate...maybe the person assaulting him couldn't read!

heehee It's been years since I tried speaking Spanish...I thought "o" was if you were a male and "a" ending was if you were a female! shows you how little I knew! I'll try to remember.

Happy St. Patrick's day! Anyone eating corned beef or cabbage? I actually like cabbage with lots of butter.

Postby galled » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:07 pm

What's so shocking is people are acting as terrible as I thought we wouldn't. It's scary that it could get worse if they think it's become the caronapocolypse...

Server Administrator

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:28 pm

Those are nouns, like el gato (cat) and la casa (house).
Verbs change form depending on who it's referring to. Like, beber is the route verb meaning to drink. Yo bebo (I drink), tú bebes (you drink), él/ella bebe (he/she drinks), nosotros bebemos (we drink), vosotros bebeís (you [formal] drinks, ellos/ellas beben (they drink). Vosotros is only used in Castilian Spanish, not Latin American Spanish, so I don't know much about it.

That's scary to think about tbh

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:36 pm

and that is why I have difficulty learning another language :wink:

What is scary also is that I would not consider this whole virus worth shutting down the world over...I wonder if people in other countries are acting so paranoid?

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:44 pm

I was a teacher and I taught Mandarin. I was going to teach Vietnamese as well but I lost my cool with a student who was threatening me because I failed him. I still enjoy learning languages but I don't use them now. I was working on Danish for a while and I tried to pick up Icelandic when my late wife was alive because she was an Icelandic immigrant.

I don't know what Ireland is doing or how they are faring, I'll have to ask my uncle. I don't think it's worth the mass panic either. Ebola was a right awful death but I dont think we panicked like this.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts