A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:26 pm

I like clean sheets, you should have a good nights sleep then

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:39 pm

Postby I Shall Engrave » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:52 am

Monkey, you were in a pool? Or natural body of water?

Every year, New York City has an event called Summer Streets where they close off part of the city for people to run, walk, rock climb, zip line, and slide down a 270 foot water slide. All for free. I'm going with a friend on Saturday.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:39 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Last night, despite having clean sheets, I couldn't get to sleep. I had to take medicine to help me get to sleep.

I Shall Engrave
Lucky! :shock:

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:39 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:00 pm

Monkeygirl: you were probably still worried about the dogs and fleas...I had trouble sleeping too, think it was cause I ate too close to going to bed and I got a second wind...I was ready to drop asleep at 9 and probably should have listened to my body and gone to bed then. Couldn't get to sleep until close to 4 am and then the alarm woke me up to get up for work.ugh. Maybe we will do better tonight!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Hopefully. I'm also just very paranoid. That's also another thing. But that may just be the cause of my lack of sleep.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:24 pm

sleep deprivation can effect all areas of our mind and body, been through that so I speak from first hand experience.

but also work through things to make yourself feel safe - lock the door, (since you don't have a door where you sleep can you put up a sheet or blanket or are you on the couch in a livingroom at your Mom's? put a night light on a timer if you can't go to sleep in the dark (reports show that our bodies need dark), if you need background noise put music on a timer ( or documentaries put me to sleep).When you take control it helps to master your fears. It's a work in progress.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:57 pm

I might try the music thing. Piano music and any calm instrumental music puts me to sleep.

My door is a sheet, soooo.........

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Gosh dangit, music makes me more paranoid! >.>
Or that seemed like it.

I'm so bored.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:30 pm

I guess the question is what makes you paranoid at night? Then try to eliminate factors.
I find as soon as everything is quiet my body seems to want to be alert in case of break in or someone needing help or something going wrong ( washing machine breaking or dishwasher smoking etc) and when it is dark and quiet then I hear every noise - clock ticking, cars on the road, neighbors animals barking, meowing etc).

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:07 pm

I hear noises... mostly when it's quiet, but it seems music intensifies it.

I swear, I only hear strange noises at my house, esp. in my room, but in a dorm room, I hear nothing....

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:58 pm

the dorm room is probably a constant back ground noise...and maybe a feeling that you can always shout for help if you need it?

well, you know now you can scratch using music off the list to soothe you.

Now you need to figure out what the noises are from that bother you...if you can remove them form your room or are they from mice or bugs on the screen? (which are harder to get rid of)

Postby galled » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:14 pm

To provide background noise, an electric fan works well. You can also try a radio tuned to static (between stations) turned down really low is kind of soothing. That static is also known as "white noise" and some people find it rather soothing.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby galled » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:14 pm

To provide background noise, an electric fan works well. You can also try a radio tuned to static (between stations) turned down really low is kind of soothing. That static is also known as "white noise" and some people find it rather soothing.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:30 am

Lemon Cheesecake
The noises are all in my head. They don't actually exist. Overactive imagination or not, I think it's just from staying up so late. That seems kinda weird to admit to, but whatever.

galled
I have a fan running all night. White noise probably won't work for me. White noise usually annoys the crap out of me.

But it never felt as creepy as it does now, I think it's because I'm going to sleep 4-5 in the morning. I really need to stop that. o-o

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:10 pm

yes, try working yourself to going to bed earlier... are the sounds in your head louder when you lay down? Possibly you are hearing your heart beat and blood flow or have tinnitis in the ear....

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts