A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-in (come in and chat awhile)

Postby Maro » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:02 pm

indeed and i'm willing to buy secondhand so that helps a good bit ^^ the dress was only 20 bucks o3o

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:58 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:41 pm

NO WAY!!!! Only $20 for the dress!!! How amazing! It's so gorgeous, I want one!!

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:28 am

Postby Maro » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:51 pm

usually they cost 25 there but they like us there so they only charged us 20 , i love secondhand places~

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:56 pm

I like to look at secondhand places -I don't always find something but when i do it can be a real treasure. Even $25 for a gown is extremely inexpensive! At that price, I'd be buying some just to play dress up

Postby Watery Star » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:38 pm

$20 is a steal!
I wish I could shop at second-hand shops but shopping exhausts me. x.x

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:28 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:01 pm

Certain places make me feel claustrophobic... like Ross and Marshall's. TJ Maxx - too much stuff all over, I find it quite overwhelming and the lighting is usually bad so that doesn't help. However, I do find a good deal there once in awhile when I do venture in. Got a pair of shoes I absolutely loved that actually helped my feet but do you think I could find the same pair at another store or online? Even tried the same brand in a similar style and it just wasn't the same.

Postby Maro » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:54 pm

depending on the day there's a frig ton of people there and i end up having mini panic attacks because of it x.x;

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Unless you are working there that's when you take a deep breathe and decide if it can wait for another day!

Postby Maro » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:57 pm

generally i take a quick scan of the store and then walk out if i don't see anything i need right away x.x;

i'm bad with crowds... really bad

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:01 pm

I am not good with crowds either, especially if you are packed together so that you can barely move.

Postby Maro » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:04 pm

i've literally collapsed unable to move while stuck in a massive crowd

same thing happens when i'm near deep water or hear a sudden loud noise

my mental health nurse thinks i have ptsd and so does my psychiatrist >v<;

i did self-therapy with the sudden loud noises though and now it's not.. as bad as it used to be x.x;

who knew there was a positice use for dubstep music? :cheeky:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:01 pm

Maro: I guess that's one reason you don't want to leave your island! But don't let that keep you a prisoner.

[+] SPOILER
I used to have to take the ferry between my parents and the mainland and I just had to put the idea of the deep water out of my mind. I'd try to snooze or read a book to distract myself. It may be though because I'm not a strong swimmer and I was afraid of drowning? Or maybe too because when I was 12 I got caught in a riptide with a friend when we were sailing (we had passed our sailing class - which is like a drivers license) - and our boat kept drifting...someone had taken the oar out to use in the race and we never checked like we were supposed to and the centerboard wouldn't go all the way down to give us resistance, we found out later it had to be replaced. Someone sailing by gave us their oar and the motor boat that patrols the race didn't tow us in until the race was over and in the meantime we kept drifting. I was so shaken I wanted to be sick, my friend had been bawling and shouting for help and I had tried to keep her hopes up and not let her know how scared I was.. Lol that brought up a bad memory. Anyway, I did go sailing after, I used to crew sometimes for a family I babysat for but I was always uncomfortable and I'd never go out if the water looked rough. MY Mum would be out there in her trapeze her toes on the edge of the deck leaning all the way out waves crashing the boat- never find me doing that, I'd watch from shore. Fortunately we moved and even though we'd sail once in a while, I went through the motions, and I was always anxious but I worked through it if I had to.

I guess we all may have a little post traumatic stress from incidents. I hope yours aren't so great that you can't overcome them, or at least endure through them. Don't let them become debilitating. Sounds like you have had some success overcoming loud noises. I hope you can at least keep the other things under management.

Postby Maro » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:23 am

i'm slowly getting better at managing them but deep water is still really hard... i can't even look at pictures of it half the time.. >v<

oh my that is... wow ovo

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:48 pm

I was at a camp and I had to hold onto a rope with everyone else and the rope was so short, there wasn't really any breathing space for everyone and I had a panic attack and they finally let me out of the activity after a while. For a bit, they thought I was just being whiny and complaining just because I didn't want to do it and get out of everything else people were doing. At least I wasn't too squished long enough for anything worse to happen. I felt embarrassed, but I couldn't handle it at all, I mean, I tried.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:28 am

Postby Maro » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:55 pm

i know how you feel :distress:

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts