A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Fanciful Fox Cove

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Fanciful Fox Cove

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:59 pm

are you starting to buy baby stuff?

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:23 am

Postby Xye » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:43 am

Lemon Cheesecake dragoness129 Thanks XD

Well, Tegan is Irish Gaelic and I wanted a name to go with my Irish ancestry. It also means poet or beautiful in welsh. My husband chose Raven, it's a nickname he gave me and thought it would be cool to pass onto our daughter. The raven is a symbol of God's provision. And Lily, just because I thought Tegan Lily sounded beautiful. =)

We haven't started being stuff yet, but I did just finish making a registry...even though it's still pretty early. I wanted to get it done ASAP

~Xye the Whimsical

Postby dragoness129 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:57 pm

That is a wonderful way to come up with the names! ^_^
I went through some baby books looking for something different and unique with a nice meaning when I was looking for my girls' names.
I know people have a hard time pronouncing them, but people had a hard time pronouncing mine as well when I was in school. I would just shrug mine off and let them call me whatever version they wanted.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:23 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Xye: what a lovely heritage you are gifting your daughter with her name!I love that! It is sp sweet to put something of the love in your relationship into her name - I am sure she will treasure that ( make sure you write that into her baby book).

Are you keeping a pregnancy journal? Those can be fun to look back on.

Yes, start getting those baby clothes on sale! I think Feb/MArch are the sale months for baby sales?

Postby Xye » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:15 pm

dragoness129 Thanks =)
Oh nice, that sounds like fun ^^
Meh, I feel like people are too sensitive sometimes when it comes to name choices. That's cool that you shrugged it off. I bet your name is lovely.

Lemon Cheesecake Thanks XD, the hubby was pretty stoked about it. I was kinda sad at first (being the selfish being that I am) just because I'm like, "but that's my name..." *pout* lol
but I think it will make my nickname all that more special. I hope she likes it =)

Oh that's a good idea, I'll have to do that.

No =(
I love journals, but I suck at journaling (most of the time). I always forget about it
and then I get writers block. Heh

Ooooh good idea, thanks for the tip

Postby Mousy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:51 am

Yay babies!!! :D
Mine will hopefully make his grand entrance in about 5-6 weeks!
My school is throwing the baby shower this Monday and it's been a little stressful because we haven't been buying much while waiting for the shower. We really don't want to buy anything we don't have to and my family is really spread out, but they're buying things too. big things. So they'll bring that stuff riiiiiight before he gets here. It feels like it's all last minute. DON'T BE LIKE ME AND BE LAST MINUTE. XD

We DID do classes at the hospital though and those were really helpful. I definitely suggest doing those if your hospital offers them!

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:23 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Xye » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:48 pm

*squee*Mousy I've missed you.
Oh my goodness, so soon. I'm so excited for you. Aw that's sweet. I'm sorry that it's been stressful. Mmm, I totally understand about family being spread out.

Oh that's a good idea, I'll have to look into those.

I am so glad you are doing well Mousy. =)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Xye & Mousy: Here's incentive to breast feed your babies: antibodies !

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/growth ... n-fighters

[+] SPOILER
Colostrum, an early form of milk that babies get in the first few days after birth, is packed with leukocytes. As babies get older, leukocytes in breast milk naturally wane if everybody’s healthy. When an infection appears, leukocyte levels come roaring back again. And this isn’t a trifling increase. During times of illness, a breast-feeding baby may gulp down billions of these cells a day, Kakulas and Donna Geddes, also of the University of Western Australia, estimated in a 2015 review in Advances in Nutrition. This leukocyte blast contains a mix of specialized cells that move from milk into the baby’s body. Some of these cells fight pathogens directly by gobbling them up or producing antibodies. Other cells come pre-programmed to fight germs that a mother had previously tangled with, transferring a memory that helps the baby’s immune system get established, animal studies have found.

Postby Xye » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:33 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Awesome, thanks for this. :smile:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Xye, see if there are free classes like Mousy suggested...they are very helpful to go to. Especially if they offer any breastfeeding or lamaze classes.

Postby Xye » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:04 am

Lemon Cheesecake I will definitely look into it.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:47 pm

it never hurts to be prepared

Postby Xye » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:08 pm

Lemon Cheesecake totally ^^

How are you doing btw?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:15 pm

better tks - I think my headaches are from allergies - LOTS of flowering going on and it was very windy all week.

How is your progress? Are you feeling movements more? Making sure you keep hydrated and getting enough rest I hope?

Postby dragoness129 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:58 am

-pops back in-

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts