A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Something I have realized....
Out of all the avatar sites, this site feels the most welcoming, lol.

Within the couple days I joined here, I made this thread and got people chatting within that first day, and I joined another site because of my avatar site addiction lol and one person talked to me within 2-3 days and I haven't even gotten another reply, and I bumped it and such...

I look at other people's threads, they basically just say "talk to me people!" And I got and make it somewhat fancy, introduce myself to get some ideas on conversation topics and such, and nobody even glances at it. Like, there's another newbie there that got people chatting with them and I'm here fighting to get a simple hi, lol.

I'd probably end up forgetting that site in a week if I continually get ignored... ;-;

I'm pretty sure this site is the site I've ever been the most active on because of the feel. Like, the site on which I found this on, I don't go to anymore, because it didn't seem very welcoming and just very intimidating. Lol.

Just something I've noticed.

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:20 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Well, I know I just like to come on and hang out. I can't say my threads are all that productive ( not like some), but I am grateful people don't mind me popping onto their threads and hanging out even if it is just to say hello or be silly for a bit.

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:20 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:02 pm

I just can't get myself to post on someone else's thread when it's hundred pages long like most of them are. I can get myself when it's up to like 5 pages maybe. Probably not even that many pages.

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:34 pm

You shouldnt feel iffy about joining threads that are ages long~! Or at least you can still feel awkward about it (i know i hate joining in a long running thread sometimes) but i dont know anyone who doesnt welcome more visitors :)

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:20 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:50 pm

This thread of yours is 58 pages which is incredible! I guess if you are intimidated by the length of a thread then maybe try not to look at how many pages the thread is? (Unless you are trying to help someone with a new thread by posting in it?)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:23 pm

It's also I don't want to interupt people in the middle of a conversation.

If people are just saying hi on pg 70 like on another site I replied to, then I'd comment.

Postby Juneberry » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:58 am

I just find myself feeling really nervous the more pages there are in general, but especially when I'm new to it. I have social anxiety anywhere, even online >w<

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:20 pm

Postby galled » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:17 am

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:Something I have realized....
Out of all the avatar sites, this site feels the most welcoming, lol.

Within the couple days I joined here, I made this thread and got people chatting within that first day, and I joined another site because of my avatar site addiction lol and one person talked to me within 2-3 days and I haven't even gotten another reply, and I bumped it and such...

I look at other people's threads, they basically just say "talk to me people!" And I got and make it somewhat fancy, introduce myself to get some ideas on conversation topics and such, and nobody even glances at it. Like, there's another newbie there that got people chatting with them and I'm here fighting to get a simple hi, lol.

I'd probably end up forgetting that site in a week if I continually get ignored... ;-;

I'm pretty sure this site is the site I've ever been the most active on because of the feel. Like, the site on which I found this on, I don't go to anymore, because it didn't seem very welcoming and just very intimidating. Lol.

Just something I've noticed.

Thanks for sharing that, Monkey. That's music to everyone's ears here because a safe, warm, community is what Diana and Lime want to create. Personally I don't get the lynch mob mentality of bad behavior that eats away at some sites. I guess I'm glad that places that tolerate that kind of stuff exists so those who like it have some place to go, but I'm saddened about it all at the same time. Life is short and negativity will unfortunately permeate into it, but the desired to wallow in it is what I don't get.

That said, we're all glad that you're here and that we've gotten to know you a little. You've got friends here who want to see you fulfill you dreams. :grin_wink:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:43 pm

@Juneberry: I'm the same way. I used to just be socially anxious offline, but when people started just being terrible to me online, I get that way.

@galled: I swear, sites like these are rare. I'm a lurker usually because of the community on a website. I'm just so happy I found this place, lol.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:47 pm

We're happy too...and thank you for inviting your Sister too...

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:25 pm

"I am Armstrong, the strong arm alchemist!"
Oh, Full Metal Alchemst, you're so funny.

Postby Juneberry » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:03 am

What's this about Monkey's sister? o3o So Monkey has a sister~

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:05 am

Yeah, she's Bassy on here, but she hasn't been on because of work and school things and she mostly watched Netflix, lol. I might remind her again, lol.

Postby Juneberry » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:08 am

I'd love to meet her. My assumption is she's nice and interesting like you o3o
Wait is that just me being biased again...? Oh well.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:18 am

Well, I told her you wanted to meet her, so she's coming online, lol.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts