A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby Bassy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:19 am

Aw you guys are sweet lol

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:39 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Juneberry » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:23 am

Wow! You appeared right as we were talking about you! :O
Is Bassy secretly psychic? o3o

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:39 pm

Postby Bassy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:30 am

Haha no, my sister told me

Postby Juneberry » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:45 am

Aww I thought I discovered an Esper...Oh well :D You're still adorable so far to me xD

Postby Bassy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:48 am

Yay lol. I'm gonna try to beon more, but I just recently left my job, I've been preparing for friday as I move in to college. The Anxiety is killing me D:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:23 am

Anxiety mixed with excitement I hope! An new adventure lies ahead for you Bassy.... your time to embrace your future and begin your journey

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:39 pm

Postby Juneberry » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:25 am

I hate anxiety- I know that feeling all too well. I hope you find a new job you enjoy even more :D What are you studying? O3o

Postby Bassy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 am

There is a program I want to get into.... but I HAVE to pass my major courses. I'm scared that I won't be able to.

I'm majoring Social Work.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:35 am

Don't be afraid to ask for help or get tutoring if you need it - better to pass your courses then have to pay money to retake them again. School is your job now and I know you must be a good worker or you wouldn't have been hired for your summer job and you wouldn't have lasted at your job.

Postby Bassy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:53 am

ANd I am also being forced to work during school and I have no idea what college is like. I have to do 25 hours of community service for class. I have to figure out how I would do that and work.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:55 pm

Is that 25 hours a week or for the whole term? If it is for the whole term then that is easy...senior complexes, homeless shelters are always looking for help but don't forget to check out local community centers that put on events ( an easy 4 hours for helping set up, serve or assist, and clean up). Check out Lions or Elks clubs. See if you credit for donating items ie: eye glasses to places like ICARE international (they also look for help by the way) or towels, toiletries etc other non profit groups. Church outreach groups need help... make sure you have your forms ready to be signed for your credit.

Postby Bassy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:04 pm

I think for the semester. The teacher is going to talk about it on Monday. I just don't know any place around the college I'm going to. I hope she gives us recommendations on what we could do that's either on campus, or off campus. She did mention on the syllabus that there has to be a Social Work supervisor.. that I am confused about because I cant drag along a social worker everywhere. Or If I can volunteer to some social work place.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:13 pm

I'm sure you'll find out.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Bassy - sounds like your community hours are specific so I would assume they will give you a list. That is a little more difficult to deal with but hopefully they take into consideration that students don't always have that much free time.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm so tired of searching for jobs on campus for work study... UGH!

So much pressure to find a job and I need to pack up that I got to a point where all I want to do is sleep all day.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts