A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:39 pm

was it built on a burial ground? did people die in the building?

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:25 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:40 pm

Apparently 2 guys died in the building several years ago.

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:25 pm

Postby galled » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Terrible that people died, but perhaps you can base a story on it. (They call it "inspired by...") Sounds like the makings of horror story classic. ;)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:05 am

It's supposed to be on TV today, but if I can't see it on my computer, then I sadly can't watch it. Apparently, the Ghost Hunters did capture sounds and footage. And the owners had a picture of the ghosts on camera.

If it can all go without that country accent...... Man, every country folk in my area has that accent.

If I knew how to base a story on a haunted distillery, I would, but I've never been in one, and I don't care to learn about the work at the distillery. All I know is they store alcohol, probably bourbon (because bourbon is apparently a Kentucky thing, not to mention, we have a bourbon county, which is weird o-o), in there. There's a lot of them building in that area of that distillery. I bet you every single one of them is haunted. Then the next thing I would know, the Ghost Hunters decided to investigate the other buildings belonging to that distillery and uncover the fact that they're all magically haunted.

[+] SPOILER
The building (I believe the one on the left was haunted), which does look creepy. I heard that they caught fire once, and I wonder if that's what happened to the 2 guys who supposedly died in there. No, that can't be true, the ones that did catch fire had been shut down so there wouldn't be a reason why they would even be in there to begin with. But that happened 15 years ago in 2000. I don't really know much about them, but they did do bourbon, lol.

Also, who decides to put a dead skunk in someone's mailbox? Seriously? An Animal Control Officer did that to somebody! It was in a deputy jailer's home to make it worse. What is wrong with people?!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:54 am

Putting something in the mailbox that does not have postage is a federal offense.... the animal control officer should have been fined.... or at least required to pay the postage for the weight of the skunk!!

Postby galled » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Hmm, with all of the alcohol around it's not surprising that people died and/or see ghosts around there! :)

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:52 pm

Oh, hey, a preview of the episode:
http://www.syfy.com/ghosthunters/videos ... -episode-1

edit
Too bad I can't watch it because of the school's crappy wifi.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:08 am

You would think a University would have good wifi

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:23 am

Not a university who thinks that instead of building more needed dorms that they would build a pedestrian entrance, a reading porch which took away one dorm's parking lot), and all that crap. Aesthetics is nothing if the living quarters are crap.

My roommate said that someone told her that the people in my dorm would have to move into a hotel for the spring semester so they can tear it down and build a new one. They better not, or I'm moving to another dorm.

With the pedestrian entrance, there used to stand a dorm. They should have built a new dorm in its place. They tore it down because of mold and water problems.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:03 pm

a hotel might not be too bad...

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:26 am

It's just a big inconvenience. I hope that isn't true. I'd rather go on in this dorm hating it until the end of the school year, than have to pack all my stuff up to go to a hotel room because of poor choices the school makes.

Not to mention, one dorm is going to turn into a parking garage. Seriously, they need to stop with things that aren't dorms for a moment. It won't happen for a couple of years, but that's still stupid.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:07 pm

well, hopefully they lowered the rent because of the damages

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:08 pm

The one I'm in is basically one of the cheapest anyway, $1000 cheaper approximately than the dorm I was in last year. Just because it's smaller and has no sink in the room.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:45 pm

$1000 is quite a savings! That's a 2 week paycheck....or a month paycheck for some. I'd deal with the inconvenience to save that. After all you don't have to go far for the bathroom anyway!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:27 pm

my dorm room is next to the bathroom...

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts