A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Monkey's Magical Treehouse of Awesomeness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Hangout

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:44 pm

McDonalds here starts at $10/hr and you can get benefits and eventually work your way up to mgt. Not sure if they get free/discounted food... but they work with the students schedules.

October 6th, McDonalds is going to start serving breakfast all day!

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:05 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:03 pm

Mine's probably just the $7.25 an hour, but idk.

Okay, so my nose just started pouring out blood all of a sudden, and it's not like the typical one, it poured out like a waterfall and just kept coming. It's scaring me. As well as other personal issues.... D:

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:05 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:20 pm

But seriously:

It was just like an anime, but not because of those reasons and actually scary. Poured out like water from a faucet. Blood freaking everywhere in the sink in my bathroom. I hope it's nothing serious.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:16 pm

did you get your nose to stop bleeding? Keep your head upright and squeeze your nose until it stops (takes 10 to 30 min). You will get a big clot in there so don't blow hard or it will start again. normally it happens because the air is dry.Try sleeping propped up.

http://www.webmd.com/first-aid/how-to-stop-a-nosebleed

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:07 am

Oh, it stopped after a while. Not that I could breathe out of my nose anyway or else it'd get everywhere.

It could've been high blood pressure as well because I looked up why people get nosebleeds and I get hbp sometimes, but never to a point of a nosebleed. o-o

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:57 am

If you get HBP I hope you have gone to see the Dr about it - 21 is quite young to be having HBP!!

If you tend to get nose bleeds try using the nasal gel - put some on a Qtip and gently rub it in the inside of your nose, it is not a cure all but it helps.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:12 pm

not if you're overweight. :
Every time I go to the drs and they check my blood pressure they note that. But it's because of my weight. I'm trying to lose weight so I can settle my blood pressure down to normal stats.

That was the first time in years I had a nosebleed, lol. It's not common for me to get them.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:25 pm

myfitnesspal.com

it records your calories, tells you how much more you can eat, shows your sugar/salt intake.You can record the amount of exercise you've done (yes walking to classes counts). I know quite a few people that had success with this.If anything it was an eye opener for me as to how many calories food contain and allowed me to rethink what I was eating - do I want this handful of nuts or actually be able to eat a more filling meal. You might have difficulty eating the high carb diet at school - if you reduce your carbs, sugars, dairy it helps reduce your calories. I was aiming at 1500 calories a day. (That means cutting out the frappacino that is about 1000 calories in a glass). So, if you go to fast food opt for the healthier/less calorie food. Most people I know that have followed the myfitness pal faithfully lose 10 to 30 pounds. One friend lost 60 pounds. With adding a workout she is looking trim and fit.
Your health is worth it!

Postby galled » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:57 pm

Bloody noses are triggered by many things, but my grandmother used to say that aside from really dry air (air conditioning can create a really dry environment) too much salt/sodium in your diet/dehydration can all contribute to it. If you have HBP, salt/sodium is something you should try and keep track of. Pretty much everything has high amounts of sodium in it today so it's really difficult to avoid.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Hey, guys, so it's official, they're tearing down my dorm next semester. But at least I just got assigned a new dorm and I move in tomorrow. In the newest, most expensive hall that's not apartments and I don't have to pay full price. And it's a single room that's attached to 3 other rooms so I will have 3 roommates but in a single room, lol. Thought I wouldn't get in there.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Wow! Sometimes good things do happen... that is great news Monkeygirl! How exciting!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:05 am

I'm super excited. It's a suite, so it has a living space, a kitchenette, and a bathroom that me and my 3 roommates share. Like an apartment in a way. Even though apartments aren't styled like that.

Postby galled » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:11 am

Hey, sometimes things do go the right way! That's great news!

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:09 pm

Nothing like being done with moving like a nice shower, lol. I feel so refreshed cuz earlier I felt icky. Lol.
I haven't been here the whole day and I'm already loving it!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:33 pm

It sound so roomy... I am so happy for you!

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts