A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Gizzie,s Treehouse ^.^ All is welcome

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Gizzie,s Treehouse ^.^ All is welcome

Postby Diana » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:11 am

Your avatar closet is not loading?
Can you let me know what browser and device you are using to access Windlyn (and maybe a speedtest)?

Site Admin

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 12:41 am

Postby dragoness129 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:13 am

-hugs Diana- You are such a great site owner. ^_^

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 3:41 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Diana » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:20 am

*Hugs back* <3
Thanks! That means a lot to me. :)

Site Admin

Postby dragoness129 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:21 am

You are very welcome. It is true. ^_^

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Gizzie is in such excruciating pain I'm not sure how much more I can post to earn the big percentage of missing event items before the end.... Gout SUX my feet hurt so bad it's making me nauseous :worry: I've mostly gotten wolf hair so I need a lot of well every other catagory

I hate gout I can't even walk :cry:

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 11:41 pm

:heart:COME VISIT MY PETS PLEASE :heart: http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/pets.php?userid=646ImageImageImage [img]http://i.imgur.com/p30InEq?r.gif[/img

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:06 pm

ahhh Gizzie, I'm so sorry - take courage though- it can go away. I think diet is a big part of getting rid of the uric acid - cut out red meat and high fructose corn syrup (like soda) and get more vitamin C.

"During an acute attack, anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) can help to relieve pain and shorten the length of the attack. Patients with chronic gout can use behavioral modification such as diet, exercise, and decreased intake of alcohol to help minimize the frequency of attacks. Additionally, patients with chronic gout are often put on medications such as colchicine".

Do ice packs work for you?

Postby Watery Star » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:31 pm

I hate to hear you're unwell. :<

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:41 am

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:47 pm

I've found that putting icey hot on my foot seems to help with the pain and I've been taking NSAIDs for it too

It's mostly flaired up right now due to the lack of proper eating until the 15th of November (luckily it's almost here) that's when my food stamps hit..... Until then it's basically a eat what ya got and unfortunately it's a freezer full of meat usually I balance it with lots of juice and water and veggies and salad but all I have currently is unfortunately the bad stuff :( I haven't had an attack in a while but I usually get one if we get a lot of days of rain like lately too mine tends to act like arthritis and flair up with weather (which it's sorta kin to arthritis) my real problem is sleeping I can't get comfortable because it hurts when I bump it etc that and the constant throbbing, I'm trying to concentrate on posting and I feel nauseous (extremely bad pain always makes me sick I am not a good tolerater of pain I'm a wimp) and plus since I am limping around I done hurt my hip and lower back >.< out of muscle relaxers too can't get more til my Dr appointment in December but even then I'M BROKE so I really can't fill the script anyway

Postby Watery Star » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:05 pm

I feel for you. The weather bothers my aching body too. Wish I could help you. It's a real shame you with having to wait on food stamps. 4 more day. Hey it's less than a week at least :/

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:59 pm

Gizzie, the churches around here have food pantry's to help out when people are in need and we also have a food bank for those living pay check to pay check and not just homeless. Can you go some where like that at all? At least for veggies? I'm not sure if they do over the counter medications there at all but it might be worth trying. Our local grocery store bags the older veggies and fruit and sells them for like a dollar a big bag. Most of it is still pretty good just maybe has some nicks or fell loose out of a bag.
I think chicken is ok for gout, isn't it just the red meats that produce the uric acid? Maybe make a soup broth with it?
If you put some rice in a sock and tie it up it heats up in the microwave real well as a heating pad and might help the muscle pains without the relaxers. Atleast the NSAIDS/ ibuprophen will help with pain and inflammation. And you can reuse it.

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:24 am

Those are some excellent ideas thank you hun, I am actually in the process of making a rice heating thingy but I am making them with felt/material and making them look like animals etc. and thinking about selling them on a crafty site or something and also small ones that you put in your pockets for hand warmers :smile:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:09 pm

hand warmers are always nice!

Postby galled » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:03 pm

The thickness of the fabric you use greatly affects the amount of warmth you'll feel. You might experiment a bit before committing to a fabric/fabrics.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Watery Star » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:24 pm

That sounds like a great idea Gizzy. You'll have to post the shop link when you get it setup.

Postby dragoness129 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:34 pm

-hugs Gizzie- I hope the pain and gout goes away! It is horrible to be in pain. I understand feeling nauseous with pain. My migraines cause me to want to vomit sometimes too.
Our food bank that we go to runs every other Monday, but hopefully you will be able to find some churches that have food panties. Before we moved, The Salvation Army (main office, not the clothing store) would give out food once every couple months to those in need who filled out the paperwork for it. They usually had an abundance of bread, which was able to be taken more often than the regular food supply they offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts