A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Balcangrad (He's back!)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Balcangrad (He's back!)

Postby Balcan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:10 pm

Dipper:
Welcome to Windlyn and sleep well. There is ONE game I play once in a while. It's an amusing parody involving the Serbian president but is actually addicting once you start playing.

Gingerale:
To the border of alcoholism. Thank you for the warm welcome. How are you?

galled:
While it's true that other languages better encapsulate emotions in their words, I know plenty of native English speakers who can express themselves without a problem. Russian has words that can't be perfectly translated into English because the translation lacks the appropriate depth and emotion. The meaning and emotion in a piece of art is open to interpretation, so it could be easier to be "lost in translation" through art than language.

I absolutely agree. That's what I've been saying for a long time.

Sorry to hear it. It's the pollen? Is there something that helps with your allergies? I haven't been up to anything. Getting by day to day.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 1:16 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Good to see you back! And I'm glad you came back from the border of alcoholism, that's not a very good place to be at! I have seen people cross the border and struggle to come back.

Can't remember if you were looking for work? Sometimes one day seems to blur into the next, to be broken up by special events..a flurry of action and then a lull.

Postby Balcan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:35 pm

That was an exaggeration; I was not struggling with alcoholism though at the rate I'm going, it wouldn't be far off lol.

What kind of work do you do that is so monotonous?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Oh good... having had family that struggled with alcoholism its not a pretty picture - probably why I never went down that road- and why I worry when others seem to be.

My customers are actually entertaining, their lives are like a soap opera really. Mundane is just the routine of the day, day in and out routine working with no breaks and sometimes I work six days a week so I get tired. But I have a job that pays the bills and provides retirement and health benefits which are costly if you don't have any coverage. And I can save some money to sometimes do something fun with family or friends.

Postby galled » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:22 pm

Yes, mostly pollen. Grass in particular although the winds have picked up quite a bit, so I'm sure there's a bit of everything getting in my eyes and nose. I just went out for about an hour today (and just walking to my car and into the store and back and I'm a wreck. :(

I take allergy pills, but there are some days every few years where the pill don't help much.

Re: Alcohol--please be careful. It is addicting no matter what people say.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Dipper » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:15 am

I did, I slept until 11am lol XD
Hmm, well, it sounds amusing from what you said XD

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 10:16 am

Ne/Nem/Nir/Nirs/Nemself
They/Them/Theirs/Themselves

Not really set in stone...still confused

If you need me, please look for me here:
https://discord.gg/bRwhnFz

Postby Gingerale » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:12 am

Hope you have been staying injury free - did all the other sprains etc heal up ok? Or are you still having residual affects from the injuries?

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 12:16 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:46 pm

Have you been doing any travels?

Previous

Return to Hangouts