A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Balcangrad (He's back!)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Balcangrad

Postby galled » Sat May 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Guys can be so stupid...

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 3:00 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 28, 2016 7:25 pm

well, they probably could have thought their comments out better but working in a dress can be very uncomfortable and maybe she realized that after she had worked a day in one. (awkward for sitting, bending, reaching, walking in...)

Postby Balcan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:43 pm

I believe there are circumstances where you have to put aside your personal fashion choices. Like in a business setting, you don't go to model your outfit, you discuss what needs to be done. it needs to be more lax so people can be comfortable instead of in stiff, formal attire, but you really need to be able to take a cue about what is acceptable and what isn't on a given occasion.

Furthermore, if you make the choice to wear an outfit no matter how daring it is, you have to be prepared to deal with onlookers and commentators - positive and negative. Whether you like it or not, people are going to judge you. It is human nature. No matter how hard activists work to eradicate that behavior, you still have to be ready for it. You're really naïve if you think you can wear "inappropriate" or "revealing" clothing, as some of you phrase it, and expect that everyone will be accepting of it and then act shocked if you hear comments or get glances that you didn't want. You made a conscious choice to wear that. i personally don't care and I'll mind my own business, but I don't speak for the other billions of people that inhabit the world.

Postby galled » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:34 pm

Here's an interesting one:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-sty ... ts-w208465

What do you think? Inappropriate or overzealous pilot?

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:40 pm

edit: lol, galled, I guess you saw the same report I did.

May. 31, 2016 - 0:36 - Passenger stopped from boarding connecting flight at airport in Boston, told to cover up
http://video.foxnews.com/v/492053961600 ... show-clips

Apparently they thought her shorts were "too short" , but looking at it they don't look any worse then the "short-shorts" people used to wear. I think Jet Blue ended up refunding her for the pants she had to buy and for her airline seat ticket. Honestly, they didn't look too bad to me judging from the photos.

So I started thinking - would I want to be seated on a plane beside someone just wearing say a bikini or speedo?

Postby galled » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Especially a fat hairy guy in a speedo or bikini!!!

Server Administrator

Postby Balcan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:08 pm

That's excessive. Her outfit was not obscene. She had on a full-length sweater and high socks and her ass was covered. She even offered to cover herself with a blanket. Don't try to make this about sexism. It was an overreaction, yes, but I doubt it stemmed from sexism.

On my flights I don't really interact with other passengers. I might find sitting next to fat hairy speedo guy a bit unsettling but if he's not making a disturbance (other than with his body) I don't view that as a reason to boot him off the plane.

Edit: on the subject of airlines, Virgin America now has an instant messaging system that allows you to chat with other passengers. I can think of many ways to corrupt this, but here are a few fun ones:

click

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:18 pm

she had a photo of a tiger on her sweatshirt and she wore striped shorts and socks with stripes so I think she was being conscientious about what we wore and I do not feel it was obscene so that she should have be kicked off or delayed the plane leaving.

seat messaging would be good if I was not seated with people I came with but I think it could be on opening for harassment or stalking ( even if some of the texts were funny)

Postby Balcan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:56 pm

...pretty much a reiteration of what I said.

Seat messaging occurs on the flight exclusively, so it could easily be monitored and controlled if things got out of hand (your seat number is included in the chat). I doubt there is any real danger as names, photos, or any personal information is not available unless a passenger divulges it.

I tend to take everything lightly and I'm not bothered in the slightest about people's outfits or chats on flights. Most likely, you'll never see these people again.

Postby Balcan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:47 am

About covers every existing stereotype

click

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:16 pm

speaking of outfits - got some new outfits and hairstyles in the shop!

Postby Balcan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:23 pm

You have the right to wear whatever the hell you want, but I have the right to criticize it.

Watching UEFA Euro championship. Right now, no team is impressing me. But I guess as it comes nearer to finals it will be more intense. Did anyone else catch the German coach's scratch and sniff?

Postby galled » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:52 pm

This raises an interesting topic: Freedom of Speech

Does or should freedom of speech apply to anything and everything? Any everywhere (public areas, private areas, the internet)?

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

Server Administrator

Postby Balcan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:12 pm

I mean, you can legally wear an outfit that your ass eats up, but then you can't act surprised when I tell you you're a slutbag. "I'm allowed to dress how I want and you have no right to judge it". You put yourself out there to be judged.

I'm too drunk to get into a serious debate right now.

Postby Balcan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:56 am

I wish you would show me a little more disrespect.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts