A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Balcangrad (He's back!)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Balcangrad

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:46 pm

you have no chance of winning if you don't buy a ticket but it only takes one ticket to win...

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 11:27 am

Postby Balcan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:38 am

I am a loser. No, I'm below loser (sub-loser?)

Not only did I buy a 5 game ticket, but I didn't match a single number on any game haha

And 3 people won the jackpot.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:55 pm

ah Balcan... I'm sorry you got no numbers... but NOBODY won from the 20 rounds before this last one so don't feel so bad. Some people averaged spending $20 on the tickets but I know someone who's relatives bought thousands of them - I wonder how long it takes to check if you won on any of those tickets?

Postby galled » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:10 pm

What do you think of this?

A Powerball Reimbursement Go Fund Me Page Has Been Created

https://www.yahoo.com/music/powerball-r ... 04618.html

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Balcan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:00 am

I'm not upset in the least. That's the outcome I was expecting. I'm only kidding.

galled: the gofundme chick is an idiot. You know that with a lottery you take a risk. I have no sympathy for her because she blew her money on her own accord. And she expects me to fork over cash because she is irresponsible?

If you want to save money and have the thrill of playing the lottery, open a PLS (prize linked savings) account. It's a bank account that takes a fraction of the interest you pay and pools it with that of other people with this account for a type of lottery.

Postby galled » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:29 pm

Last I saw, gofundme shut her down. However, at that point people pledged $800! So I can't make up my mind who is the stupid one--gofundme girl or the people who pledged money to her for this!

I'm also not sure if she is clueless or whether she thinks people are idiots and will give her money. I seem to recall (paraphrasing from memory) that she says in her pitch that she was going to use any money to buy more lottery tickets. I read she later posted that it was all a joke. Hmmm....yeah, I don't know who the bigger fool/s are in all of it--maybe me for over thinking it! LOL

Server Administrator

Postby Balcan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:28 am

I have not stopped vomiting since last night. I can't even hold down water. Nothing is even coming out anymore; I'm just dry heaving. This is relentless.

Postby galled » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:11 am

Oh! Sorry to hear that. Do you have a fever? Keep sipping water. You don't want to dehydrate.

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:53 pm

Balcan: sounds more like food poisoning? Are you ok now?

Postby Balcan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:37 am

I'm feeling much better. Thank you for your concern. That day my cat decided to "sympathy vomit" so I had to clean up his mess in addition to my own.

It's snowing like crazy here. I was shopping for groceries yesterday and everyone was there trying to frantically buy whatever they need before the storm hit. Too many people. We need another plague.

Postby galled » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:16 am

Glad you're feeling better! Yes, the world will have to look at overpopulation as a major cause of many of the problems mankind is experiencing.

Server Administrator

Postby Balcan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:02 pm

Thank you.

Do you believe we must take measures for population control? Like a limit on childbirth such as China has?

On a less serious note...

[+] SPOILER

Postby Balcan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:26 pm

...or you can go play a forum game which hardly requires any thought, as you're used to doing...

Postby galled » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:04 am

I don't know if we have to go to a single child policy (like China), but I think the dialogue needs to begin. We can't sustain the population growth rate (which is accelerating) and not suffer the many consequences. Fewer wars--good. More diseases cured--good. Fewer infant mortalities--good. Longer lifespans--good. Too many people on earth--BAD. Funny how some things work like that. It reminds of that saying "no good deed goes unpunished!" :)

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:31 pm

Some science fiction books have stories where future civilizations are automatically given birth control and the governing parties decide who gets to have children. We may have to come to that one day, I know I get frustrated with men who don't take any precautions to keep the person they are having relations with from getting pregnant but don't want anything to do with the child they produce. Why don't they just get themselves fixed then? I just shake my head at the women who date them knowing their track record and don't do anything to keep from getting pregnant. There are still so many people who can take care of a child and can't conceive who would adopt in a heart beat - so why are there so many discarded babies still?

I think that people need to act responsibly but how do you make that happen without laying down laws they are forced to follow?

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts