A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Balcangrad (He's back!)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Balcangrad

Postby Balcan » Sat May 07, 2016 9:33 am

Khan vs. Canelo tonight. Who's watching?

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm

Postby galled » Sat May 07, 2016 10:35 am

:wink:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Balcan » Mon May 09, 2016 7:39 am

I don't get the reference.

That was a brutal knockout from Canelo. I hear he wants his next match with Golovkin. That's going to be a huge event.

Postby galled » Mon May 09, 2016 8:51 am

Star Trek humor. I don't watch or follow fighting or sports actually. Well except F1.

Server Administrator

Postby Balcan » Tue May 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Khan is a common name and I'm out of touch with popular American media so I couldn't have guessed.

I like to watch boxing although for most sports I'd rather be a player than a spectator.

Postby Balcan » Sat May 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 14, 2016 8:03 pm

I tried to draw standing on a surf board for an item for the design contest but realized the width of the panel is not that wide so I may do a surf board standing up. I can come up with ideas I am just not that good at drawing.

Postby Balcan » Sun May 15, 2016 5:24 am

...what does that have to do with anything in this thread? I've seen plenty of threads with this topic.

Anyway, it's about your creativity, not your execution. Maybe try a pose where the surfboard is standing vertically.

very nice!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 15, 2016 11:52 am

oops - sorry - I thought it was you that mentioned we didn't have enough "male" items and didn't check to see which thread it was in (the one where you/someone? mentioned you had made a bikini for an item and modeled it)- actually I did draw the surfboard so that it is vertical as well. Am trying to think of summer item ideas that could be "generic/unisex". Just have to finish up and scan them.

I will try to be more careful when I am posting in your threads, my apologies.

Postby Balcan » Sun May 15, 2016 4:48 pm

Don't apologize. After all, it's a public forum and the last thing I want to do is police your posts. Yeah, that was me. Just a story about me as a kid.

I'm wondering - what would be a "unisex" item? I saw online a post about a clothing company (forgot the name) that released a unisex line. Then I saw the clothes they offered. They were colorless and shapeless. I think clothing does not have a gender by itself. We as humans assign clothing to a specific gender. I understand that men and women are built differently. But men don't wear dresses for example, because society determined that this is women's clothing, not because they can't be tailored to suit a man.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 15, 2016 8:06 pm

That's true, society through the centuries does assign a certain type of style to women and men. At one time women could be arrested for wearing "men's" pants, and then it just became scandalous and then it became necessary for work (think factories in World War 2) and then it became comfortable and common. However, men have worn "skirts" - such as kilts- for thousands of years and other cultures have had the clothes, like robes, for men and women interchangeable. In thinking unisex I was thinking pants, t-shirts,jackets etc - all what would have been considered masculine in our western society at one time. Interesting how our perspective begins to change out of necessity or influenced by our environment and culture.

The newer Star Trek series had men wearing "dresses" in the future, although it didn't look comfortable to me for the men or the women. Personally I do find pants or shorts more comfortable and I am glad I am not as restricted on what I can wear as some cultures today still are. Some of the items women had to wear were physically debilitating - no wonder women would faint being tied up in corsets and such. I am definitely glad I didn't live back then in those time periods.

Postby Balcan » Sat May 28, 2016 12:35 pm

We have come to associate articles of clothing with a given sex..but that was a human decision. Once a decision like that is ingrained in society, it is difficult to reverse. It makes no difference to me what a person chooses to wear with the exception of settings that require a sense of professionalism.

I have a small, narrow build for a guy and if I chose to, I could fit into articles of women's clothing pretty comfortably. I'd rather not though for my own preferences, not for fear of any judgment (I have none).

I hear initially heels were designed for men and later adopted by women in an attempt to be more masculine, because we know which gender faces less discrimination in most societies. Now heels are worn almost exclusively by women.

Edit: I have been really negligent towards this site lately and this is the only thread I regularly check. Oh, and here's a video of the aforementioned boxer Amir Khan and his incredible hand speed:

click

Postby galled » Sat May 28, 2016 3:40 pm

I don't care what anyone wears as long as it suits the situation (wearing a gown to mountain climb in winter would be silly). That said, if you wear something inappropriate, don't get mad if people stare a bit. Some people wear stuff to attract attention "hey, look at me!", and then they get mad when people look at them!

Server Administrator

Postby Ryvvi » Sat May 28, 2016 4:07 pm

ok but only SOME people wear stuff to be looked at... others wear it because its what they like to wear (or its hot) and like something you think is revealing mightnt be what i say is too revealing
like i mean i guess you cant really say just looking is wrong, but not like staring creepily at them because they think that their skirt is short enough that its ok. like i guess ok looking for me would be like.. "oh that person is cute" then moving on without bothering them at all
/enters convo at full speed

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 8:23 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Diana » Sat May 28, 2016 4:52 pm

For a long time, we actually had more "boy" items than girl items, but all the girls wore them and they were basically "girl" items from then on... So now we have pretty well have just "unisex" and "girl" items now, haha.

I used to do irish dancing, and the boys have to wear heels, the girls don't wear any! I remember that being so weird; and it was explained that it was just the traditional footwear for the genders. I didn't draw much insight on the transition from males to females wearing heels, but that makes total sense, balcan.

I read an article recently that tried to explain why women say "I have nothing to wear", and put it as meaning "I can't find what to wear for who I need to be today". If someone is dressing for who they need to be, I'm all for that.
I hate when people get mad at people for looking at their outfit. Making comments is different though, and perfectly fine to be miffed about. I have a co-worker who wore a very professional, non-revealing dress to work one day, and some of the boys in her department kept giving her poorly thought out compliments-- "You look like a girl", "you look sexy", etc. She hasn't worn a dress again. :(

Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts