A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Fairy Garden (15)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Fairy Garden

Postby Adol Christin » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:02 pm

Oh! That sounds interesting. I'll have to look it up.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 10:07 pm

你好! 我叫张伟。很高兴认识你。
Hello! I'm Zhang Wei. I'm happy to meet you.
Easy confused.

Questing Yin Cha themed hang out

Postby npixelz » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:14 pm

Can we take a moment to do two things? One is mourn the dead from the fire in Kyoto studio.
Now that we have taken a moment, I would like to celebrate the anime and manga of the world, and all the anime movies, that have entertained and helped so many people.
For example, the movie Your Name is a beautiful movie that has probably touched many people's hearts.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 9:07 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby NerdyAliCat » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:26 am

I cried like a baby the first time I saw Kimi no Nawa ;-;;;; (Your Name) I'm a huge sucker for the theme that they cover in the movie, based on the myth of 'The Red String of Fate' which states that everyone is connected to their solemate by an invisible red string :heart: :heart: I was glued to the screen for that beautiful scenery. I was gushing about it as i was watching. Plus the muuuuusic!! RADWIMPS did an amazing job on those songs.

Today I watched Mary and the Witches Flower and I highly recommend it! (Made by Studio Ponoc which was founded by Studio Ghibli's lead director!) it has huge Ghibli vibes and the art is gorgeous. Light hearted and very pretty.

And produced by Kyoani ( :heart: ) how could we forget about A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi)? I haven't seen the movie myself because I know the ending and plot but the art is absolutely gorgeous!

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:45 am

Aren't there other colors for fate strings too?

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby npixelz » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:40 pm

[+] SPOILER
I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge someone who is special and amazing
this person has had their low points and their high points. they have faced problems that seemed insurmountable, and they have pushed on through them. this person may be experiencing problems right now, even, and we don't even know. or maybe we do
they have helped others and have been helped, or perhaps not. they have been hurt and they have gotten back up again. they may not know why, but they still got up, ready to face the next obstacle head on. even if they've surrendered themselves to the current, they haven't completely given up yet. and if they have, they have not finished their story prematurely.
this person, is you. that's right, you. all of you. everyone who is reading this and everyone who isn't. you all deserve so much love and support, and you all deserve a break. I may not be able to help you, or to give you a break from the never ending ocean of problems, but I hope you know that you are an awesome person. I hope you can read this and smile, knowing that you are a great person who deserves to be praised and rewarded for all of your efforts. please know how superb you are.

Kimi no na wa is amazing. I didn't realize it was based on the myth, but now that I know, it makes sense.

I'll have to look into Mary and the Witches Flower.

A Silent Voice is amazing and you should watch it, even though you know the plot and ending. It's amazing.

Are there?

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:19 am

I've seen a reference to other colors, one that deliberately omitted the red, somewhere once

Postby Gingerale » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:49 am

That's a very nice pep talk, Npixelz!

I've wondered about the Mary and the witches flower. <The story line sounds like another movie > but I think I will go ahead and try to see if I can get it and watch it. Never heard of the other but I will look for it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 6:07 am

Postby NerdyAliCat » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:12 pm

The traditional one is only red but I've heard of yellow and blue too, representing different relationships like friendships.

It reminded me of Kiki's delivery service, but only because I rewatched it a few weeks ago

Postby npixelz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:36 pm

I see.

Thanks! I tried.

Can we take a moment to appreciate YouTube? Without YouTube I don't know where I'd be right now.

Postby NerdyAliCat » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:14 am

I second this ^

Postby npixelz » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:34 pm

Yay! A fellow YouTube appreciater!

Postby Adol Christin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:04 pm

I love youtube. Too bad its blocked here

Postby npixelz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Wait, what!? It's blocked!?

Postby Adol Christin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:42 pm

The Great Firewall of China block google product, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Yahoo, Facebook, Reddit, Tumblr off the top of my head.

Edit: we use VPN here though.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:27 pm

That's something I never really thought about...I just figured you could find anything on the internet ( unless you were in somewhere like North Korea maybe).

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 7:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts