A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Fairy Garden (8)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Fairy Garden (fun little fairy thing starting!)

Postby Arc » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:12 pm

My older sister had the glow in the dark star stickers on her ceiling, too. I loved making blanket forts in her room and looking up at the stars when we were kids. =w=

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 10:36 pm

Postby npixelz » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:00 pm

Arc wrote:Nice! The space projector sounds interesting and I imagine would be nice to use at night while you're relaxing. Did you get everything you wanted? :')

Especially because I hate sleeping in total darkness
Also yeah I did!

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Space projector so cool!! I have one that does variety of lights, I find it soothing.

I'll bet it is soothing!

galled wrote:Space projector like the kind that puts stars on the ceiling? We used to have glow in the dark star stickers on the ceiling--old school. LOL

I used to have those, too! They were so nice!

Arc wrote:My older sister had the glow in the dark star stickers on her ceiling, too. I loved making blanket forts in her room and looking up at the stars when we were kids. =w=

Oh blanket forts! Those were so fun! It's sad that when you get older you lose some of the joy and wonder you had as a kid, it's like the magic is fading. The small things that seemed momentous to you back then now seem a waste of time.

On a brighter note I'm finally home! I'm trying to stay up late to switch back to night schedule, but it's getting difficult! Still though I'm managing
I can't wait to try out the projector

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:31 pm

Oh I bet your schedule got messed up... its like having jet lag. But you got a great attitude!

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 8:36 pm

Postby npixelz » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:06 am

It has been messed up indeed
It happens every time I have an event or get together
Such is the curse of night shift!

Thanks! I try! I think my attitude is good because I'm more used to it, I had a great Christmas, AND I love my gifts! ^-^

Postby Arc » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:12 am

Nah, I'm still a kid at heart and embrace that part of myself, so I still thrive off of the joys and wonders of childhood. xD; I'd love to make a blanket fort someday.

I'm happy to hear you had a great Christmas. ^^ Does your family do anything big or special for New Year's Day?

Postby galled » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:02 pm

Blanket forts are the best when it's cold out! Not so much fun when it's sweltering... :/

Yep, there's no reason not to keep finding joy in wonderment at any age. Sure, the adult things take precident (like responsibility--which was a big thing since I was little any way--perhaps because I was the oldest??? -- and of course dignity comes into play at some point--too much is too much!), but there's room for both to flourish! I've always found it amusing that people (people and relatives) would comment on how I'm just a big kid. I'm actually a bit sad for them not to understand what they're missing...

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Arc » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:54 pm

galled wrote:I'm actually a bit sad for them not to understand what they're missing...

I wholeheartedly agree!

Postby galled » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:18 pm

Oh, and don't forget your flashlight! Gotta have a flashlight in your blanket fort (with lotsa pillows!). ;)

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:28 am

Troo, it's just harder to do it without being looked down on, plus you have actual responsibilities in the way
Ye, it was great! We started a new tradition a few years back, we order a big order of Chinese food! We have enough leftovers for two or three extra days!

Yeah!
That's true!

I think I do, too

Of course

The projector isn't quite what I envisioned, it's more just green lights and a whispy sorta large light in the center, to represent stars and a nebula, but it's still cool!

Postby Arc » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:30 am

My way of thinking is "who cares what other people think?" If you're being true to yourself and enjoying the things you love, then their judgement means nothing. The way I see it, you have to be doing something right for them to be so invested in you enough to judge ("you" in a general sense). Continue to march to the beat of your own drum, eventually they'll march to their own rhythms as well. U_U

Ordering Chinese food for the New Year sounds like a good idea. Even better when it keeps you fed for a few days after. xD As for the projector, what did you envision it to be like?

Postby galled » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:55 pm

Sorry about the projector, pix. I bet it's still cool. Yeah, green lasers are brighter per watt, so they tend to be used a lot more in devices these days.

I agree with that in concept, but I've found that "no man is an island" to quote a famous author. ;)

We all need to have checks and balances so to speak to remain grounded (e.g. not wacko). I consider all comments (snide as well as complimentary) and weigh them against what I know (experience), and what is required (that responsibility thing again). My bottom line is if it's not hurting anyone or myself (now or in the future), there's no harm in it and any comment is just an opinion rather than a warning that I might need to change or reconsider.

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:20 am

I agree! Love what you love, do what you love. So long as it is not harmful to you or anyone else, enjoy it!
Ikr
I was imagining it to look more like a really high definition shot of the night sky, still looks good, tho

Yeahhh. That makes sense
Simon and Garfunkel are islands ;)
My thoughts exactly

Postby Arc » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:40 am

Do you have something like this?

Postby npixelz » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:00 am

That is almost exactly what I have

Postby Arc » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:12 am

Hahaha, nice! I like that the design is an astronaut.

This one seems pretty cool. I want iiitt. I'd love to have it on while I'm sleeping or drinking or something.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts