A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Fairy Garden (8)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Fairy Garden (fun little fairy thing starting!)

Postby galled » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:43 pm

Ooo, that one is more like a planetarium. I watched the video, it's a slide projector more or less.

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 10:23 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:23 am

Holy shoopdawoop that one looks cool

Anyways last night was stressful, but I pulled through

Local time: Tue May 21, 2024 12:23 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:24 am

Yay! You over came the challenges & made it through! Hopefully today you get to rest??

I have days at work where I just want it to be done because it seems like things keep going wrong. And most often it is nothing I have control over ... like the power went out or like yesterday the parking lot was flooded & the contract driver never showed up to work so someone else had to be called in & it made it an hour late to get going at work. And then it was pouring rain while I was trying to get the cages into the building. But I was thankful I brought my rubber boots! And it was kind of fun wading around in the parking lot to see how deep the water is so I could know whether the vehicle could be drive in it.

Postby npixelz » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:03 am

It wasn't too difficult, it was stressful but not challenging
Though I can't say the same for my coworkers
It seemed every 15 minutes someone needed my help
And they were not happy
20 (or maybe more) skids
And apparently I'm no good at stocking and that's why I was sent to face
Even though when I left they were still working on stocking
Even at one point I asked my manager if it would be better for me to help stock, and he said "don't worry, me and (name I can't remember) have it covered"
Which, as stated above, turned out to be false
I would have stayed to help but last night (new years eve) I had planned to wake up early to watch movies with my mom
That didn't work out though
I woke up late because I couldn't fall asleep, but I did watch one movie which we paused to watch the New York countdown briefly
The movie was called The Creator, and it was quite good!
But yeah, I got through it

That sounds rough, but at least you can find little things to make challenging things fun

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:38 pm

I watched the Creator movie... wasn't what I was expecting! But I liked it.

I wish people would be honest, it would be more helpful.

I bet it meant a lot to your Mom for your to make an effort to enjoy New Years eve with the family

Postby npixelz » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:02 am

It was better than I expected tbh!
Yeah, me too
At first I wanted to do my own stuff but she said she wanted to spend time with me for new year's, so I agreed, and I'm glad I did!

Last night for work there were no problems! The manager (not the previous guy, he's not a manager anymore, he stepped down) even complimented both my speed and quality of work!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:37 am

It feels good to be appreciated! And I find it makes me want to be even more helpful.

Happy to hear your hard work is recognized.

Postby npixelz » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:00 am

Yup!

Though a couple days ago I had to go home early due to difficulty breathing, lightheadedness, dizziness, and headaches

I think it was because I've been tired since Christmas and it just finally caught up to me

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:30 pm

You might still be recovering from having your wisdom teeth out as well since your body has to work at replacing the bone which the teeth filled.

Make sure you are eating healthy to give your body fuel!

Postby npixelz » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:10 am

That might be true

My mother did say to eat a bunch (healthy stuff) so I'm not suffering from hunger

On another note, because I'm only getting 3 shifts a week, we're thinking of finally getting the painting in the basement done!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:02 am

The painting should brighten up the place!
But wouldn't it be better to paint when its not cold & you can open the windows? (Just thinking about paint fume smells)

Is it more difficult on your body to work less since you are doing night shifts ? it would seem your body cycle would get out of sync.

Postby npixelz » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:16 am

Once we've decided on a color it definitely should!
The basement windows don't open but that is a valid point, considering how I sometimes have difficulty breathing

Well I still sleep during the day on days off, I just wake up a few hours earlier and go to bed a few hours earlier

Last night was relaxing and then quickly fast paced when my supervisor realized he and I were the only ones getting things done quickly

Like, everyone finished stocking quickly, so we were thinking it'd be smooth sailing, but even after we finished facing three aisles, the others were still working on one each. We helped them a little but had to face frozen, and we finished frozen, and I think they still weren't done, but it was the end of shift.

He wasn't happy with them, but I don't think he yelled or snapped at them or anything. He did say he'd be telling a higher up about it, though

On the bright side he bought me McDonald's and also texted saying I did really well!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:47 am

Nice your supervisor recognizes your good work ethics.

There are so many people with poor work habits. They want money but not to have to work for it.

I think good work ethics are important & say alot for a person's character.

I am happy your supervisor recognizes you are one of the productive ones. Unfortunately the others may end up being laid off down the road if they don't step up. I can understand being slower at first, when a person first starts a job & is learning the process, but if there isn't improvement after the probation time then the job should be given to someone else who actually cares about doing a good job.

Postby galled » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:05 pm

It's always nice to be recognized for doing well. It's something everyone should do (another form or pay it forward).

McD's breakfast was it?

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:13 am

Yeah
I also want money and don't want to work for it, but the difference is I know I have to work for it, and if I have to work for it I'd rather be proud of how I do it
Yeah! It shows if a person is only in it for money, or if they actually want to contribute to society and be proud of what they accomplish
Same! My supervisor said they had been slow another day and the big boss had told my supervisor if they did it again, and if they did they might be laid off. That's what happens to me, if I'm new or haven't been in for awhile or the layout changes I'm slow for a bit, but I get faster and better, and there's been ample time for them to get better

I agree
Nah it was still during the night so it was chicken nuggets and fries

Speaking of takeout we had Chinese food last night for a late New Years meal
Now that I say that I think we should start having Chinese food during Chinese new years as well. Hmm... I'll have to suggest that to my family

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts