A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Fairy Garden (8)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Fairy Garden (fun little fairy thing starting!)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:57 am

Lunar new year lasts for 15 days!

do you have a favorite dish?

Funny, I just had a dream this morning I had people coming for dinner & I was going to cook some Asian dishes but realized I didn't have all the ingredients but then I realized why didn't I get take out, faster & tastes better! But I woke up when I was half way through ordering the dishes.

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 12:24 pm

Postby npixelz » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:40 am

:o that's a longo time
The noodles and the yellow rice dish
I love me some noodles
You're psychic! Shame you never finished the order tho lol

So last night was... mixed
On the one hand, I worked well, on the other hand, two people expressed worry about them possibly being fired, and I heard that one coworker is mad that a friend of theirs isn't getting many shifts. What makes it worse is that apparently the reason the friend is getting less shifts is because they don't help out, so it seems the coworker got angry and told the higher ups that we don't work properly. According to one of my coworkers, the angry coworker decided to say that I go on my phone too often, even though I've been friends with this coworker since I started over 4 years ago, in fact out of all the people that were there when I first started she's one of the two people left, AND she knows I write down notes because I've told her MANY times. But nope, let's just throw someone who's been a friend for OVER 4 YEARS and is on the AUTISM SPECTRUM SO NEEDS TO DO THINGS A CERTAIN WAY, and has TOLD YOU HE TAKES NOTES AND SOMETIMES NEEDS TO CHANGE HIS MUSIC, under the bus! Let's just get him in trouble during a time WHEN IT SEEMS EVERYONE IS IN THREAT OF BEING FIRED, because that'll go over well!
Ahem, as you can see this betrayal, for that is what it is, has angered me quite a lot, but here's hoping this all blows over and nothing bad happens

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 2:24 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:14 am

Feeling betrayed is devastating.

They are angry so they will grasp at whatever they can to detract from themselves or their friend. However, was the coworker that told you this present at the time or just going by hearsay?

Keep the texts or notes from your supervisors when they tell you that you have done a good job so that you can show management that you are a hard worker. I doubt it will come to that but also remind them what you said above, you work through your issues in a certain way that is beneficial for you all. Plus, you can jot down what you actually accomplish each day.

Postby galled » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:06 am

I wouldn't worry about it re: your job. Your "friend' can say all they want, but your managers know who you are and that you're good.

The way I look at it, your "friend's" true colors have revealed themselves. Still be cordial to them, but keep in mind what they're really like and you'll be fine (if they're even still there in a couple of weeks). Some people are just like that--can't take responsibility for their actions and revert to whatabout so-and-so as if that changed what they've done. It's just how things are with some people. Yes, it sucks and I wish it were different, but there's nothing you can do about this person--it's just the way they are. Rest easy.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:56 am

Thank you guys for your kind words and advice

In other news I'm only working 2 nights next week, which I forgot to mention yesterday (I think you know why I forgot), and I'm not really happy about it but judging by how everyone seems to be in the line of fire, that may very well change soon
However, if I keep getting two shifts a week, I will request to the new schedule guy to please schedule me in at least three a week
I'm already thinking of requesting that I'm not in a structure of 1 night in, 1 night off, 1 in, 1 off, etc, because it's not very conducive to a proper sleep schedule and lifestyle

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:40 pm

Good you are speaking up for yourself, Npix.

Postby Gingerale » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:20 pm

The only one you can control is yourself & your actions, so always try to do & be your best.

Hopefully they can give you a better work schedule Npixelz! They are lucky that you are willing to work night shifts not many people do. I think night shifts should get a bonus wage.

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 11:24 am

Postby npixelz » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:30 am

Thanks! I haven't spoken up yet since I feel it'll change, one girl has already quit, but if it doesn't change I'm definitely saying something!

True that!
Hopefully! Yeah, most people do not like night hours, so it'd be nice if we got some sort of bonus, be it wage increase or a few more days vacation. Though maybe not vacation because of the fact they'd have less night crew than day crew anyway, so idk

Last night was good though! I faced two aisles, stocked two and most of a third, then faced half of the third, and a bit of another! I asked the supervisor if I was doing well and she said I was doing great! Even thanking me for being a big help when we said goodbye!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:40 pm

Yay! Positive feed back!

Postby npixelz » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:56 am

Yeeeeeeeeeeee

It snowed like crazy these past two days, I hope it's OK when I walk home tomorrow

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:27 am

Snow days! Must be so beautiful!
<but I hear very cold!>

Postby npixelz » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:24 am

It is quite pretty, but cold as well, yeah

It was NOT ok walking home
The snow plow plowed the sidewalks but did not salt them!
I had to walk very slowly and it was such a pain

Work itself was fine, although most of the coworkers were too slow again, but I can't control them, I can only make sure I keep doing a good job

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:23 am

Yup, walking on & through snow, ice can be treacherous.
They need to invent boots with cleats, or maybe that is a thing?

Yes, you can only control your own actions so do your best & hopefully that sets an example to others as well.

Postby npixelz » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:24 am

Tell me about it! Today was treacherous as well, though slightly better
What are cleats again?

Yep!
Last night a coworker asked for my help, then almost as soon as I went to help him, the supervisor told me to go back to what I was doing beforehand
But like, idek which of them has more authority, since I thought the one who asked for my help is now assistant manager, but at the Sam's time the other was the supervisor for the night!
I am confusion

Postby galled » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:41 am

If they're both bosses over you, you should just tell the 2nd what the other assigned you to do. Then if they tell you to do something else, it's on them. My go-to was always "I don't know. I only work here and do what I'm told." LOL

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts