A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

The Fairy Garden (fun little fairy thing starting!)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: The Fairy Garden (fun little fairy thing starting!)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:51 pm

Sounds like you thought things through.

Nice that you live close enough to the Anime that you don't have the cost of a hotel.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 2:47 pm

Postby npixelz » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:41 am

Yeeeee
Indeed! I dread the day I decide to go to a faraway place for a convention

Last night was frustrating, I only got 2 aisles done on my own and 2 more with help
Things kept falling, including one that broke my water bottle
It just wasn't the funnest night, but it ended decently enough

I'm still hoping to figure out the convention, but my coworker friend who's coming needs to figure out if his friend can definitely come or not, so we don't order tickets and then find out we can't go

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 4:47 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:45 am

Falling things sound dangerous!
Aren't there safety belts on the shelves to keep things up top from falling down?

Long week end will be busy for travel so keep that in mind when you go to Anime, go early for parking & expect to pay premium for parking. If you are taking public transit then it may just be busy so get their earlier for a ticket. Good luck!

Postby galled » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:06 am

Which product aisles do you normally work on? Or does it vary a lot?

Is/are there aisle/aisle that you prefer? I ask because I have questions that you may have some insight to.

As always, thanks!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:01 am

Indeed
Safety belts? Never heard of those
Ty for the advice!

I used to work from aisle 8 down, now I work from aisle 1 up
The paper towel side of 2 and the cereal side of 5! Because those are easy

Nothing crazy last night, a couple arguments online but all was resolved, so not too bad

Postby galled » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 am

Oh, I can see how paper towels can get done quickly! I've seen times when a stack or two of paper products (toilet paper, paper towels) have come crashing down. I was tempted to jump into the pile--seems like it would be soft and fun! :)

The cereal isle in my local stores are pretty uniform aside from the specialty stuff in bags and bins.

OK, so one of my questions is do you change the labels on the shelves (the prices) when you restock or is that someone else's job? What about placement/area size for each product--do you fill in the empty area only or are you able to squeeze extra space to make room by pushing other products to the side?

Online arguments? For work??

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:10 am

Yep. Yeah that's exactly what happened, paper towels kept falling
Yup
There are people who handle the labels
Nah, I was off, it was just some arguments in Discord

Last night was good. I woke up way too late though. But we had pizza! So that's nice

The new character for Genshin just dropped so I played a lot of Genshin to get gems to try and get her. I haven't gotten her yet, but I was recommended a thing called Spiral Abyss, which I'll try tonight

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:39 pm

Good luck on the game!

Postby npixelz » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:17 am

Ty

I tried the abyss, I didn't get far, but I did get some rewards
Only problem is, even though I played all night, I still didn't get her

And now I've learned a terrible truth
There's a system called "pity" where it keeps track of how many "wishes" you do (wishes is what it's called in this game when you try for a character or weapon) every 5 star character or weapon you get resets the pity. When you get to 80 wishes the chances of getting a 5 star increases by 10%, making ot so on the 90th wish you are guaranteed a 5 star. Of course there's always a chance of getting one earlier, it's just not likely
But the terrible truth I learned is that, just because you're wishing on a "banner" featuring a specific character (banners are what it's called when an assortment of characters are grouped under one, well, banner), does not mean the 5 star will BE that character. There's always a chance it will be a non-banner specific character
Now, I've also been told that, if that happens, the next time you get a 5 star from wishing on that banner, it is guaranteed to be the banner character

But I played all night for two nights and only did 10 or 15 wishes, after having done 40 wishes since my last 5 star
Meaning I have to work my butt off getting gems to wish enough for just one 5 star, and it might not even be the character I want! I don't think I'll have enough time to do 40 more wishes and then another 90 before the banner gets changed, at least not at the rate I'm going

So that's slightly stressful because I REALLY want this character, and I have no idea when she'll be back on a banner!

But still, I HAVE been having tons of fun, at least when there's no bull malarkey

And tomorrow night we'll be bringing our new trailer home! So that's exciting

Also I have been told by one friend he can't go to Anime North, but my mom says if I go on the 25th, she can drive me

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:42 am

That sounds exhausting... and frustrating.

Oh, so very nice of your Mom! Would your Sister go with you?

Postby npixelz » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:28 am

It is indeed

She is! Nah my sister is going with her friends

I've done the math, I have 18 days and 10 hours left, most of the 10 hours will be sleeping, so let's say 18 days
At least 6 of those days I'll be working
So we'll say 12 days of trying
If I consistently get 10 to 15 wishes every 2 days, that's 60 to to 90 wishes
I need at most 35 wishes atm for a 5 star
So if I consistently get the same amount of wishes I'm guaranteed a 5 star, but not two 5 stars, before the end of this banner
Unless my sister helps me so that I average about 20 wishes every 2 days, or 10 wishes a day, because that would give me 120 wishes
Enough for two 5 stars
Basically guaranteeing the character
But if I don't receive enough help, or unforeseen complications arrive making some days have lower averages, I will not be guaranteed the character
So I realistically need to hope to get the character in the first guaranteed 5 star, otherwise I probably won't get her
Which would make this the 3rd time I REALLY wanted a character and almost could have gotten them, but didn't
Since I have three favorites, including the one I'm trying to get rn
And the first one to become a favorite, I could have gotten if I got the game just a bit sooner because he was on a banner right before I got the game
Whereas the second one to become a favorite, I only found out she was on a specific weird banner the day before she was about to leave the banner, making it pointless to try
And of course the third to become a favorite, as stated above, is the one I'm trying to get now, and by George I don't want her to be yet another favorite I missed out on when I was so close

All that to say, please wish me luck

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 am

Good luck!

I don't get why there isn't another way to get the characters you want ... sounds too consuming.

Why can't you go with your Sister & her friends & have meet up areas which would allow you to wander through the exhibit or take in a workshop on your own but provide you with a way there & back & someone available to help out if you need it?

Postby npixelz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:18 am

Ty

Yeahhh, that's gacha games for ya

Because she wants to be with her friends I guess

I spent some time doing stuff in game last night, but most of my night was spent watching the Knuckles show, which I quite enjoyed

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

I don't know what the knuckles show is but I will check it out. A comedy?

Postby npixelz » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 am

It's about Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog
About the live action movie universe version

It does have many comedy attributes

I recommend watching the two Sonic movies first

Last night was good, I woke up late (which wasnt as fun, but oh well), watched a bit of Star Wars the Force Awakens with my mom in our trailer (though I spent way too long trying to find the DVD case that has all 3 trilogies, and ended up having to just get our individual cases, so that was annoying), my dad made us Jiffy popcorn (though the smoke set off the trailer smoke detector and it got hard to breathe), and then I spent the rest of the night on the game, going through quite a long quest that is still not done! All in all not a bad night. Though I STILL have not gotten my goal

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts